“Second Visit One Year On.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa

You added Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5 Mza.13 Retorno del Rey Lote 38 & 38B, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
UK
“Second Visit One Year On.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We visited the Secrets the Vine just after it opened last year and it was amazing we have now booked and are going back this year at the end of November cannot wait. We have been looking on trip advisor and reading all the new reviews and we are sure that it'll be even better than the first time we went. It is our wedding anniversary and it was my birthday on bonfire night so we are really looking forward to a relaxing double treat. We cannot wait to be back at secrets the vine as the staff are so friendly and lovely and go out of their way to make your holiday complete.
We'll be there on 27 November for one week.

:-) see you soon secrets

Chris and Elaine UK

Room Tip: Always ask for the rooms overlooking the preferred side of the pool nearer to the seafront end
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SecretsTheVine, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Elly&Chris,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our resort. It was a pleasure being your hosts!

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Secrets The Vine Cancun. Our team looks forward to having you back in at the end of November.

Warm regards,

Zuleica Ávila
Social Media Coordinator
info.sevcu@secretsresorts.com
Tel:(52) 998 8489400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,155)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I took a 5days/4nights vacation here with my fiancé and was blown away. The decor and ambiance of the resort was very clean, modern, and luxurious. The service on this resort is top-notch; everywhere you go from your dinning experience to the coffee stand, you felt like you were always given extra care and attentions.

The beach and pool area are kept very neat, with staffs continuously cleaning after all guest. This is also true in the dinning areas, where every spill, drop, and mis aligned food items were always put back into place. The staffs in the dinning areas were the best; they were friendly, funny, and really catered to all your needs. An example of the meticulous details is that each time you leave your table to grab anything, your cloth napkin is refolded and put back on the table.

The food was also very good. Since we opted to upgrade our rooms we also had access to 3 additional dinning options. The menu was great in those restaurants. All of the food there seemed very fresh and were flavored well. The drinks were also very good as the resort had top-shelf liquor.

In regards to the upgrades, unless you upgrade to the ocean-front suite; all of the views will be very similar. However, the upgrade does provide a bit more space and access to a private pool area for all VIP guests and more drinks selections. The private pool area was very nice as it was never crowded and had a great view looking out to the ocean.

The only cons with the resort is that it does not includes any water sport. Any water sport around the resort was extra. This may be due to the demographic that the hotel is catering to; generally older people. We are still in out mid 20s so we were looking for some extra curricular activities.

Overall we had a great time and will definitely use this resort again if we are looking for a relaxing getaway.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellsworth, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is aesthetically pleasing from the moment you walk through the door in the lobby. Amazing service throughout our stay! Fantastic food at restaurants that do not require a reservation, which is awesome as most all inclusives do. You just go to the restaurant that you choose, if seats aren't available just head to the bar and wait to be paged with the beeper they give you. Also to note, at many an all inclusive I've been to, the drinks are usually not very good..... These were not only good at EVERY bar on the property, they were fantastic. They had top shelf brands of liquor and were not afraid to use them!!! My husband and I grabbed margaritas in the lobby bar before even going up to our room and it will still go down as best margarita ever!! Get the casadores tequila!!!!!
Beautiful and and very sexy rooms. My husband and I both said we would never go back to another sandals after experiencing secrets!!!! It made sandals look like a crappy holiday inn! You won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed May 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I just recently got back from Secrets The Vine and I cannot wait to go back!!! I traveled from Canada with my fiance (37), his cousin (41) and his cousin's wife (40) and I am the youngest of the group (29) and we were all blown away!!! Mexico was never top on my list of places to travel and I was unsure how I would like it, well I loved it!!! Not just the resort but the people too!!! So much so that we are even thinking of going back for our honeymoon!!!!

Check in was a breeze and the staff at the desk was super friendly!!! We were upgraded for free to an ocean-view suite which was absolutely stunning. We loved the modern and clean vibe!!! We had a day and a half of bad weather and the rooms and hotel are so nice that we didn't even mind staying inside!!! The bed was very comfortable!!!! The hotel was kept very clean, the cleaning/maintenance/housekeeping staff did and excellent job!!!

The food was awesome!!!! I am a vegetarian and have a gluten intolerance and didn't once have and trouble finding something delicious to eat!!! This is the first vacation I have gained weight on!!! We especially liked the steakhouse!!! We ate there twice I had the salmon and the tuna!!! The breakfast buffet and main pool snack bar were fantastic!

The drinks, were good especially all the coffee beverages hot and cold at the cafe and the margaritas and the beer!!! However I wish the juices were a bit better throughout the day, they had amazing fresh juices in the morning and then switched to not very good juice from concentrate (I know there are better options out there for juice from concentrate), we also would have liked better vodka and rye (very minor...I hate to even say the word complaint because honestly this place is amazing).

The Piano Bar was the "Disco" per say, we wish it was a little more lively but we had a blast regardless!!!! We had fantastic service there! The staff were kind, tentative and fun!!! I would like to recommend putting the dance floor at the back of the bar, changing the layout a bit I think would improve the flow/vibe of the bar!!! But like I said we had a great time there!!!!

We did venture off the resort to Coco Bongos which gave us enough partying for the week LOL!!! It was awesome!!!! I have never experienced anything like it before and I have gone to some great party bars!!!! We went with Winnie (Jose) from the main pool entertainment staff (who I will talk more about after cause he really help make our trip memorable and is an all around great guy!), we paid $65 USD which covered our taxi there, unlimited drinks and a VIP table. It was well worth it, we had excellent service, great entertainment and a lot of fun!!! We didn't have a hard time finding a taxi when we were ready to leave.

The pools were awesome!!! There were 3 or 4 to choose from (we stayed at the main pool the majority of the time) but they were all different and unique!!! Very sleek, modern and clean!!! Great temperature!!! Just awesome!!! We had fantastic service by the pool, I feel horrible for her name slipping my mind, it started with an "M" though (I am sure after I have submitted my review it will come to me) anyways she worked very hard, was friendly and very tentative!!!! I hope she gets recognized for her great work!!!! Also Winnie (Jose) the pool entertainment staff is just plain awesome!!! I can't imagine how many people he meets a day but he remembered our names and made sure to say hi to us everyday!!! He taught us some Spanish and how to do the wobble!!! He worked hard all day keeping all the guests entertained, involved and happy!!! He is friendly and fun and it was a pleasure to meet him!!!! Also Victor who often worked along side Winnie was great as well!!!

The beach was pretty but the water was violent!!! Be careful when going for a swim!!! I lost my $400 prescription sunglasses (even though I had them tied to my head) when I got sucked under water and dragged along the ocean floor. I got a bad scrape on my thigh (was bleeding a bit) and barley made it back to shore. It was pretty scarey. Luckily I am a strong swimmer and was able to grab a hold of a rope to pull myself to shore despite the lifeguard whistling at me to let go of it! I went for a run along the beach everyday and it was great!!!!

Overall It was the best resort I have ever been too and can't wait to return!!! And visit other Secrets resorts!!!!!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in the hotel! But the Ocean-view suite has an amazing view!!!!
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This place is amazing. Really friendly, great facilities, brilliant gym, unlimited cocktails and even champagne. The food is to die for with brilliant restaurants open all day long. I've stayed in 5* hotels all round the world. This place beats them all hands down.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rochester, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at the Vines. We had great poolside service by Sylvia. She took awesome care of us while we were there. The drinks and food were great! Everyone was so nice and relaxed at the hotel. The only downfall was the desserts. We would stay here again in an instant.

• Stayed November 2013
Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We are delighted, the best service ever, you really feel special. Would recommend it to all the couples, hotel is simply fantastic, very clean, stuff is amazingly helpful! Food is of a great quuality.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!