“Best of the best...with a detail” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5 Mza.13 Retorno del Rey Lote 38 & 38B, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #3 of 172 hotels in Cancun
“Best of the best...with a detail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel overall is very superior, unbeliable luxury, and superb service, quality of food is far superior many other top 10 resorts...pools are good, no shade or suimup bar...thats a deal breaker for me, got a terrible sunburn in second day. Bottom line, id recommend this hotel if you are looking for te best in luxury and quality, wouldn't be back because no suimup bar or shade area in pool.

• Stayed April 2013

2,359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (937)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kenton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Had a great time! The hotel and service was excellent. The food was wonderful and there was a great variety of choices. The staff was very attentive to your every need. Played beach volleyball every day, layed in the sun, water aerobics,floated in the pool, played bingo at the pool, and the frozen drinks helped keep you cool. Had a wonderful time and hope to come back next year. Entertainment staff great. Thanks Balam, Bethany, Miguel, Alfredo,Julien,Victor,

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

First impression of hotel was great. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Room in VIP floor was nice, but the staff is constantly asking you to go to the "unlimited Vacation Club". They said it was something new and that I should I should at least go to see what was offered.
The Presentation is nowhere near 90 minutes, but they showed me what they offered and it looked very compelling initially. We were going to the signup process when I caught things in the contract that did not match what they were stating. (Company in not in USA, but ran out of Dominican Republic). After further discussion we decided to cancel. (In Mexico all time share contracts have a 5 day cancelation period. IT’S THE LAW), Plus I never even signed the final contract!!!
Well it’s now been a month and we still have our down payment of $5000 on our credit card. (They ran the charge even AFTER we told them to cancel). Going through our credit card company dispute process as we speak.
That is one sure way to ruin a vacation. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here April 9th - 16th 2013, without a doubt the most beautiful resort in Cancun. From the moment you walk in you are blown away with the cleanliness, service, amenities, and wonderful staff. We were upgraded to the preferred package which included access to 12th floor pool, butler service, premium alcohol. The view from the rooms is amazing!!!! Our room was facing hard rock and we never had problem with noise. This is a new resort so everything is in pristine condition. They have people cleaning all the time.. Even had people hanging off the sides of the building cleaning exterior windows. The restaurants are top notch.. Food is above any other place we have stayed at and the menu selection is second to none. Our favorite restaurants were Dragons & Olio. We had exceptional service at Dragons by Manuel, he is an amazing guy, super friendly, loves his job, and took care of us really good. Also special mention to Chef Edilberto & Mary Joe at Olio, who went out of there way to take care of us anytime we went to eat there! Also sent us a special dessert just for our anniversary. We also had the pleasure of having a butler, Cesar, who is the main reason we had such a good time at the hotel. If you need anything, he was there. Exceptional service!!!!! I would return to secrets the vine again and again!!! Also had the pleasure of meeting Ivan the food services manager, who always asked how we were and made the extra effort to make sure we were enjoying our stay. I am totally recommending anyone who goes to cancun to stay at The Secrets The Vine!!!!! Jag & Rita B.

Room Tip: Tip the staff that give you good service!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My boyfriend received a free Mexico getaway through work and I was fortunate to tag along. I thought this was the best FREE trip I had ever had, but it was my ideal hotel. I thought the property was beautiful and I appreciated that it was adults only.

Rooms: The rooms are beautiful and they all have gorgeous balconies. My one compliant was the glass room with the toilet that was semi-opaque in areas....I prefer to have some privacy. I did enjoy the free mini bar with mexican coke...yum! I wish they did have some nuts or chips.

Food: So I am a picky eater and I've never been into all inclusive resorts. This is totally my personal opinion, but in general the food was just "ok." I give the resort credit for having a lot of different dining options, but I have to say that most meals I was really disappointed. Even when I tried to have a simple burger at the pool, the lady at the grill barely cooked the burger that I'm sure was a previously frozen patty). Luckily, since its all inclusive, I discarded the burger in favor of the fajita bar.

Spa: I think the spa was awesome and I enjoyed my experience and massage.

Overall, I had an amazing trip, but if I were to go back to Cancun I would stay at the JW Marriott where I stayed previously because my family collects Marriott points and I don't like all inclusive types.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Secrets the Vine is a beautiful resort with an exceptional staff and delicious food. I didn't have one complaint or problem during my 5 day stay. The pools and beach were gorgeous. I want to say that the entertainment team (Julien, Balim, and Alfredo) were great. Alfredo is an excellent DJ and had great music playing all day and night. I am definitely returning next year.

Brooke (Pittsburgh, PA)

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Secrets the Vine delivered on what I was expecting for a quick get away for a few days to warm up after a long winter. For a quick trip there is no reason to leave the resort, although if we stayed another day or two we may have done some sightseeing elsewhere. The service was spot on more times than not. One draw back was the persistent effort to try to get you to go to their "resort seminars" that I assume was to purchase time shares or some other kind of membership and upgrades to "romatic dinners". Other than that, we were able to really relax for a few days and would consider going back. If not this one, certainly a different Amstar Resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!