“Gorgeous hotel close enough to airport, but far enough away.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa

You added Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5 Mza.13 Retorno del Rey Lote 38 & 38B, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #4 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Regina, Canada
“Gorgeous hotel close enough to airport, but far enough away.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is so gorgeous. It's about 15 to 20 mins away from the airport right on the hotel strip of Cancun. You can see the hotel on all the famous pictures of the peninsula. It's a gorgeous all glass hotel and we stayed in the preferred club ocean view room and it was worth it.

The room.
We stayed in the preffered club and the room was huge. The room has a nice big balcony with huge sliding doors. My only wish is that they had screen doors so I could fall asleep listening to the ocean. The room had 2 sinks, 2 closets, no tub, but a walk in shower with a rain-type showerhead in the ceiling which was great. The bed was sooooo comfortable. We also ate breakfast twice on our balcony and it was awesome.

The location.
Close to airport. La isla is also really close. We asked the concierge how to get there and they told us how to take the bus. The bus was super easy to take and the staff was always very helpful. The beach in front of the hotel was white powder sand that was great to walk on. The ocean was pretty rough but great to play in sometimes to cool off after sitting on the beach for hours on end. The beach chairs are comfortable as well.

The hotel.
The hotel was not crowded at all. Great size. Did not ever feel crammed. The hotels gym is beautiful and all glass with a great view. The preferred club pool is worth the admission of the preferred club alone. We spent a ton of time there. Pool is a great temp, is an infinity pool with a beautiful view, you can get floaty things for the pool from the staff and if your lucky there are 3 big couches you can use that are in the sun. We usually sat in the regular chairs and had the staff get us these great cushions. The hotel was still undergoing renovation during our stay. Only heard anything if we were in our room between 9 and 5 which was rare.

The restaurants
The Asian one was pretty good. The spicy sushi was super spicy though. The Italian was great and we ate there twice. The steakhouse was really good. The Mediterranean and Peruvian ones we didn't really like. We just aren't fans of that type of food. The food was always quick and excellently prepared. We ate lunch at the preffered club grill a couple times, but not much selection there. Remaining lunches were at the seaside grill. Great food, but would have liked a little more variety for lunch. Breakfast was either room service, which was fantastic or at the buffet which was also great. The sports bar was also great. We ate there right before we left and were not disappointed at all. A little dark in there though.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,358)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Quincy, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We just returned home from Secrets the Vine March 14,2013. We stayed 7 days. the beach and the hotel are absolutely beautiful. The weather not so good. Not their fault but if it was raining or windy no place to sit ouside out of the rain or wind. The bar service was not too good but we could get our own when the service did not come by our location. The entertainment staff were excellent Bethany, Seleny, Balamm and many others who i have forgotten their names were fun and helpful. they made our trip more fun inspite of the weather. the restaurants were ok but our favorite was the Bluefin grill and we did enjoy the outside grill for most of our noon meals. The spa was great but a little pricey. We were not preferred and were not allowed to use 12th floor pool we could sit at the bar or on the chairs but not in the pool. Kind of weird. Overall it was a beautiful place but we are still in love with the Silversands and will go back their again but not to the Vine. also it was aliitle noisy at night when we were trying to sleep. Connie & Jim from ILL

Room Tip: We were on the 20th floor and not by the elevators but we could still hear people late at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and myself stayed at this property for a week, and what a week it was! * Warning my review might be a little long but worth while to read*
I'm still scratching my head on what people say about this resort (bad of course). I was very observant when I was there trying to figure out why these bad reviews existed! So for anyone looking at these reviews second guessing themselves DON'T ! At the resort I found a lot of people don't tip!! SERIOUSLY!!! This resort isn't just a cheap vacation, it costs a little bit more therefore if you can spend that money... You can spare a dollar!! We tipped every time ... From the littlest things done and course the big ones! A dollar goes along way there! Also the way people talk to the employees! Shame on you!! The employees here work HARD!! I seen people be so demanding it took a lot out of me to not say something! Treat them the way you want to be treated back.. And trust me you will be impressed on the results!
Okay now for the hotel itself. Clean, modern and very impressive on the set up. The rooms were beautiful! We had a preferred jr suite facing the Sandos side. With the whole privacy issues I previously read I can see their points but they have designed the shower that you aren't exposed! If you still don't feel comfortable just go sit on the balcony and soak up the views!
Hallways- They can get a little loud. Solution - bring a set of ear plugs. I rather see the beautiful flooring they have then a ugly carpet that are in other hotels.
Balcony - the privacy factor didn't bother me... Yes you can see your neighbours but I wasn't there to watch them I was there to look at the views!
Restaurants
My favourite was the Italian. We went there twice and walked away wanting more because of how good it was. The restaurants are a little dark so beware of this. But it sets the ambiance of the restaurant. They also have an antipasto bar which seemed very popular. Nice touch!

Blue water- Very good. Also went their twice. I had the New York which had lots of flavour to it but the meat was fatty. My husband had the beef maranited and there was no fat. But still enjoyed it!

Market cafe ( buffet ) - Both breakfast and lunch had a huge variety of food. I loved the waffles there! The breakfast buffet had an omelette station ( never used ) but always had a line. Lunch is the same way... Lots of variety, lots of food! One thing I noticed which I was impressed is that you would never have to wait for the items to be refilled. The chefs were on top of things.

Sea salt and barefoot grill - great for an afternoon snack or lunch when hanging around the pools or the beach. The nachos and guacamole was delicious!

We did not go to the Asian or Medditerian.

The sports bar was more for appetizers and " game food ". The drinks were excellent, also if you ask NICELY the bartender ( sorry didn't catch his name ) would do everything he can to find you your game! Thank you once again.

Service- Top Notch!!! Like I said before the waiters, hostess and butlers work very hard. Everything is said with " it's my pleasure". I have to mention a shout out to a few Jose's in the Italian restaurant, market place and red piano lounge. To be honest there were ton of staff that were so pleasant and would always welcome us and remember our drinks etc and greeted you by name ...I can't remember all of their names. Our butlers Armando and Amira were fabulous !!! On our last night we were surprised with chocolate covered strawberries with a note saying " have a safe flight home" Now that is service!!!
We were invited to the managers cocktail and met some of the management team there who were very pleasant and knowledgable on their hotel. They take pride of what they have created and good on them!

Location- 10 minute drive from the airport which I really liked. After sitting on a plane for 6 hours I really don't want to sit for another hour or two on a bus. It's right on the main blvd and I totally felt safe taking the bus or cabs around. I felt a little more safe there than walking in Playa Del Carmen. The hotel itself is not a big luscious resort , it's a high rise in the heart of Cancun. I was worried about not seeing greenery everywhere but I did not miss it. It's like a Vegas with a beach but no casinos.

Pools- Great! We literally bounced around all of them including the beach and preferred. The ocean is rougher on that side but there was still lots of people swimming in it. Some days the flags were red and a few days were yellow. The lifeguard is not far away and will tell people to stay close to shore if the water was really rough. The only thing I wasn't quite fond about was the vendors selling stuff along the beach. If you say no thanks they will leave you alone. Also I highly suggest just walking down the beach... So beautiful.

This was my first time staying at a Secrets resort and I would stay at another one in a heart beat. The service , food and quality is beyond I imagined! Thank you very much to the staff at Secrets for making our vacation perfect. My tip to people is that remember you are on vacation. Don't sweat the small stuff just sit back and relax and enjoy yourselves! Please feel free to message me with any questions about this resort and thank you once again Secrets.
From the Labelle's

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I will try to make this short and address the points that I was most concerned about prior to my trip. As an initial matter, I traveled here for three days with my girlfriend. It was our first all-inclusive experience. I travel quite a bit for pleasure and work, so I have seen my fair share of different hotels. Overall, the experience at Secrets the Vines was fantastic, and if we travel back to Cancun, we would strongly consider another visit (I don’t tend to visit the same place twice).

First, there was no pushy upselling when we checked in as previously noted. We booked a Deluxe Ocean View room through Expedia (about $400 less than booking through the hotel) and was given an upgrade to a Junior Suite without even asking. Our greeter was very courteous and accommodating.

Second, it appears very unlikely that they will check you into your room prior to 3PM. I called and requested an early check-in as I knew we would arrive around noon, but that was not possible. They will, however, allow you change in a very large and spacious bathroom in the lobby, before they take your bags. This allows you to visit the beach and pools and not worry about getting into your room first. As a travel tip, be sure to bring an accessible change of clothes if you are arriving at the hotel before 3PM and just want to get to the beach or pool.

Third, the bathroom in the hotel room is not as bad as previously discussed. The room is very modern. The “bath area” is generally open, but the shower is encased in a glass room with plenty of privacy through shading on the mid-portion of the glass. The toilet is actually in its own room with a similar glass door. The privacy is much like any other hotel room.

Fourth, the room lighting is very easy to figure out. There was a fixture in the hall when we first walk into the room, the fixture in the bathroom, and one next to the bed. Each fixture covers about four different areas in the room. Once you choose an area, you can regulate the lighting in that area with a dimmer. It is pretty nice.

Fifth, if you need shade on the beach or by the pool, just ask one of the enthusiastic staff members to get you an umbrella. If the winds reach over 15MPH, they may not be able to give you an umbrella (for obvious reasons), but if not, these umbrellas provide ample shade and are easy to maneuver.

Sixth, securing a specific spot by the pool or on the beach can be a little difficult if you are very choosey. The cabanas next to the pools are usually “claimed” by 7:30 AM, as well as some of the chairs at the pool facing the ocean. There were always chairs available next to the third highest pool (just as nice as the other pools, and more relaxed), and in general around the pool area as people move around. With respect to the beach, if you talk to the staff, they usually could put two chairs together for you almost anywhere. Many times people leave without removing their towels. The staff were very efficient if you asked them for help finding open spots.

Seventh, I believe staying on either side of the hotel does not matter. The Sandos side is relatively quiet because that hotel was pretty chill. We stayed on the Hard Rock side and loved it because we could see what was happening at the pools and bars at our hotel and could see the ocean. We slept with our sliding door open every night and did not hear any disturbing noise from the Hard Rock (we were probably in bed between midnight and 2AM.

Of course, the service at this hotel was fantastic. A special thanks to Jorge and Norma near the Jacuzzi bar, Gustavo on the beach, and the bartender at Olio, where we shared a drink every night prior to dinner (there is usually about 30 minute wait for dinner at the steakhouse and Italian restaurant – if you factor that in when grabbing dinner, you will be fine). Also, a special thanks to Carlo, the chef at Sea Salt. We tried almost every restaurant in the hotel, and found the Sea Salt the best for options and flavor. The seafood mixed grill for dinner was spectacular.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is an amazing new resort!The entire staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good and the drinks never stopped. I went with a couple of friends but i would recommend it to couples. My thanks to everyone especially Deyanira at the front desk for making it a great long weekend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the 5th Secrets resort I have stayed at, and let me tell you, there are some things that need some work.... First off the good point - the food is exceptional here. If you are a foodie - this is the resort for you. All the restaurants and the daily buffet breakfast are excellent. No complaints there. However, this resort is missing some personal touches. It is more like a Vegas style hotel, with guests coming and going, the staff is (on the whole), very nice and accommodating, but with so many staff, it's hard to get to know any one of them. The rooms are nice, but no real decor or art work. There is no "Secrets box". The balconies are a disappointment, as there is no privacy, you can see all your neighbours, because instead of walls separating balconies, there is an open concept feel with see through partitions. You can see and hear everything your neighbour is saying. In addition, we could hear our next door neighbours talking through the indoor walls well into the wee hours of the morning. Good luck if you like to keep your glass sliding doors open at night - if anyone is out on their balcony you will hear them. Our room was on the South side of the building overlooking the resort. Contrary to what others have said the noise from Hard Rock did not bother us. If you want a room with sun most of the day and the sunset, book a room with an odd number (over looking the resort). The even numbers overlook the Sandos resort, you will get the sunrise on that side if that is what you prefer. (The smaller the room number, the closer you are to the ocean. Most rooms overlook both the lagoon and the sea if you are high enough. - 15th floor or higher). The gym is excellent, the beach is beautiful, but the resort itself lacks any kind of tropical feel. There is no greenery, flowers or vegetation anywhere. Spring break crowd started to arrive on Thursday March 14th, loud and rowdy - probably will not go back to this resort.

Room Tip: odd numbers over-look the resort and have sun and sunset. even numbers overlook Sando's Resort a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and modern. The entire staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The Lobby Coffee bar serves great pannis in the afternoon. The pool water was warm, which for me was a pleasant surprise since previous stays at Palace Resorts and the Royal resulted in cold pool water. Breakfast is everything you could ask for with great fresh orange juice. For Lunch there are a variety of options from a buffet at Market Café to sit down at Sea and Salt, to Hamburgers Fajitas and nachos at the bar outside Sea and Salt. Every afternoon the cooks from the various restaurants show up with samples of food. Never had the chance to dine at Olio due to high winds and rain but all other restaurants in the evening serve great food. My only complaint is the time from ordering to completing a meal. For 4 people we averaged 1 hour and a half. If you have a group of eight or more I would recommend getting to the restaurant when it opens to insure seating. The entertainment staff is very friendly and not pushy trying to get you to participate in various activities offered throughout the day. You can ride the city bus to downtown for 8.5 pesos each way. All in all a great place to stay and dine

Room Tip: The hotel rooms start with the Quote 10th Floor unquote. The 10th floor is actually the second floor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets The Vine Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!