“Fantastic stay- Beautiful property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort

You added Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort to your Saves list
Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14 Manzana 53 Lote 37 1 | Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #24 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic stay- Beautiful property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in July and was very impressed by the property, staff, grounds, and beach.
Location- Very good, smack in the middle of the hotel zone. Next to other luxury properties like Secrets the Vine and Ritz Carlton
Rooms- very spacious and the balcony view is fantastic because you get to see the ocean and the lagoon side. This used to be Le Meridian hotel so the rooms are very comfortable
Food- Great variety from molecular gastronomy, asian teppenyaki, to mexican and meditteranean inspired buffets. I really liked that the service style at the buffet was a mixture of buffet pans and small plates (like tapas style). Beach bbq was always yummy.
Staff- FANTASTIC! I was inside the swimming pool and a waiter brought me freshly sliced watermelon. The next day, they passed around tacos. I never had to go to the bar to get a drink while laying on the beach. There was always a friendly staff member to take my order. The activities staff is are very social.
Grounds- The 3 pools were spacious and relaxing and each were a different temperature. The only downside was that during the time of year I was there, all three pools were very warm. But if you really want to cool down, you just go into the cooler ocean.
Activities- I loved the morning yoga classes with Becky. One day, the spa was giving free chair massages poolside.
Beach- Beautiful, but watch out for the undertow. It can be strong.
Tips- If you want a shady pool or beach spot (under an umbrella, beach bed, or cabana), you must get there early. I would be down there by 6:30am and a lot of the prime locations were already taken.
Also, WIFI is included!!!! All in all- a wonderful property and highly recommended

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank traveleen

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed at Sandos the first week of August and must say it was by far the worst experience I have ever had. Let me start out by saying that I travel often and have stayed in Cancun 5 times now, so I know what to expect when staying in an all inclusive hotel. Lets start with check-in, it took me and my wife over an hour and half to check in due to an error when booking thru a company that they admitted to not using anymore because of the issues. So I had to pay an additional 650 dollars at the time of check-in. I then go to our room and it had one king size bed instead of the 2 full size beds it was supposed to. I go back down stairs only for them to tell me that was lla they had and I would have to wait untill tomorrow for another room. So after dealing with that mess and not haven't eaten all day we went to the restauraunt at the pool and it took us forever to place our order and get our drinks. On top of that the menu had roughly 20 items on it and 3 of the items I asked for was told that they were out of. I ordered appetizers and a main dish, and my main dish came first and the appetizers afterward. The next morning I got a call stating that they needed me out of my room because they had to get it ready for another check-in and that my room would not be available untill the afternoon. So not only did I have to bring all my luggage down stairs myself, I didn't have access to a room for over 4 hours. While eating at the buffet (very limited options) they would constantly be out of popular foods such as bacon or eggs, stuff that was available would not be fresh and forget about trying to get a server to bring you a drink. I had to get up multiple times to get my own drinks from the bar. This was common during breakfast and dinner. While trying to "relax" poolside, there was noone available 4 of the 6 days I was there to bring me drinks so again I had to get up all the time to get my own. Also there is a bar/lounge in the lobby and during the day there would be noone there to make drinks and at night there were no waitresses so if you wanted a drink you would have to walk to the bar and get it yourself. You couldn't even sit at the bar becasue there were only 2 seats available. Overall the staff was very poor and always on there phones.

The icing on the cake was when I submitted a complaint on the online at the computer in the lobby and was called the next day so someone can speak to me. I went downstairs and the young lady I spoke was very apologetic and sincere which was great untill I find out that she wasn't a manager and she had only been working there for 4 days. I told her I appreciated her taking the time to talk me but due to severity of my complaint, I would really like to speak to a manager but was not contacted again. I even emailed there corpat

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank jesse l
Wheatland, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

If you are looking for a place to slow down and relax, this is it. It is a smaller resort, without much of the action and adventure found in some resort settings. This resort has 3 great swimming pools, a beautiful and clean beach, and great ocean access. The staff is attentive and positive, and amenities are sufficient for a pleasant vacation. The rooms are fairly spacious and very clean, and it is hard to get a room without a decent view. The food was not the greatest you can find, but still very good, with plenty to spare. Drinks were also good, and quick to be refilled. They offer special entertainment fairly frequently to mix things up, but I would say the strongsuit of this hotel is in the pool/beachside atmosphere. The ocean is great, the beach is clean, and the pools are perfect. Service in these areas is also great. If you are looking for a shorter, relaxing beach getaway, this is the place!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are not much more, and worth it. The hotel is perpendicular to the water, so all ro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nix307
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I just can't stop thinking about my visit to Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort. I had a wonderful visit. I am a travel agent and I enjoy visiting resorts to gain firsthand experience to give to my clients.

The restaurant options were wonderful. I really enjoyed our service from Lugo in the Seasons restaurant. The buffet food items are prepared on small plates. This allows the food to be easily accessed and keeps the food from sitting out for long periods of time. The desserts and breads are made fresh daily at the resort. The assortments are just too many to name. The choices for lunch are incredible. Out by the pool and beach each day, a buffet is set up, plus a separate grilling station near the beach with lots of side options, chefs preparing paella or tacos, and an a la carte restaurant. Best part of it all, the pool waiters will bring a menu to you and serve you lunch in your lounge chair. There is anything and everything you could possibly want. I have to give full credit to Juan, the supervisor in this area. He greeted all the guest each day by the pool areas. He made sure everyone was having a wonderful experience. He is truly incredible. "Cheers" to Juan.

The Worlds Best Beach server is Yadira. I have been to a lot of places and never had service like she gave to me. My first drink order with her was at the beach. During the day I moved to the pool area and she found me to bring me another drink. She works incredibly hard and she is one of the sweetest person I have ever met. Please be sure to look for her.

There are three pools...each with a different water temperature. The pool layout allows you to spread out without sitting on top of other guests. If you choose a suite category, you can make reservations daily at the pool for the cabanas. A great bonus.

The rooms are fantastic. Many accommodations to choose from. The views are wonderful from each category. Room service is great. So many options and delivered in a very timely manner.

This is a great resort to accommodate group meetings and perfect for weddings. The unique round gazebo they offer makes for a wonderful background for any occasion.

The Spa area is simply beautiful with choices that only Sandos offers. The fitness area was one of the largest in the area. A must see!

Claudia Romero with reservations was such a great contact person. She assisted me with every request.

Thank you to Salvador Bautista, Sales Manager, for taking the time to meet with me and sharing all the great information about Sandos. I really appreciate all your time and assistance in making sure I had the wonderful experience that I had with Sandos. I am truly a huge fan and cannot wait to visit again.

Sandos offer three resorts in the Cancun area. Make sure to visit one soon. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Darlene B
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stayed in Sandos for a 7 days trip with two of our best friends. This is an all included, adult only resort located at the hotel zone of Cancun. Only 10-15 minutes walking to the Luxury Shopping Mall and La Isla Shopping Village.

We were arrived the hotel around noon time and welcomed by champaign and cold towel to everyone and surprisingly red roses to the ladies. We went for our lunch as the rooms were not ready yet. We finished our lunch at around 3:00 and it’s the time to check our room. Our room is a sea view room but also have full view of the pools from the balcony where also a nice spot for the smokers. Bathroom is spacious enough to have both bath tub and shower room in it.

Among the four resturants of Sando, Zango is the one we enjoy most. It is an international cuisine provides dishes by order for lunch and buffet for breakfast and dinners. We were quite satisfied with the variety and quality of food and also the excellent service. Every morning there was new fruit, you won’t get bored. Other than Zango, we tried Gaijin, the Japanese Teppanyaki Restaurant where most of the food was too salty for us. And we also tried Season. Food there again is not impressive but the classic elegant display and settings. It’s a nice place for couples. There are also an outdoor casual restaurant next to the pool area called St. Trop we didn’t have chance to try the food because it’s not open for dinner but we did tried the drinks when we were on beach. The staff brings the drinks to you. We really love the 24 hour free room service. Since we packed our vacation with scuba diving, walking in town, day tours, Coco bango…. We went back to hotel late sometimes, it truly nice to be able to have nice food and hot drink no matter what time. The room service is quick, good service, the tortilla combo is the best!

The outdoor design of the resort is very nice. Three pools were spread on different levels and all have great views of the Caribbean Sea, especially nice for night swimming. Amenities also include Gym and Spa. We tried the Spa for extra $150 each, it worth. If there is one thing you should not miss is the beach BBQ. We catches it for lunch on our last day of the trip while we were waiting for the bus too airport. There were shrimp, salmon, lamb rack, ribs and salad.........definitely better than what in the restaurants. We eat in hurry but with a lot of fun, which made it a special way to end our stay in Sando.

Last thing, coagulations to myself and my best gf for getting our OW diver certified in this trip. Our underwater journey starts from here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sarah L
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The service was excellent, the food was pretty good, especially the breakfast buffet. The staff was so friendly and made us feel so welcomed... The view was amazing!! There are other resorts we went to but this one was better. I would definitely recommend this resort!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Booked this hotel not realizing that they market themselves as "adults oriented", which is different than adults only (I learned the hard way). First off, selling ANY hotel as "adults oriented" is ridiculous because ALL hotels are adults oriented! We're the only ones that can check in!

My sister and I arrived to screaming kids running around the lobby, screaming kids at the beach, kids everywhere. The food was horrible at the buffet, no matter what meal it was. Truly, truly bad. Asking for poached eggs would get you the stink eye and attitude while you were waiting. Stick with ordering a la carte at the pool bar; the calamari was amazing and we had it as often as we could.

The staff is super inconsistent. One day we'd get awesome service at the beach, the next day literally no one would ever walk by or take orders. It depends on who was working and what side of the stairwell they were assigned to that day. Not a big deal (the bar isn't that far), but it would have been nice considering this is ostensibly a "luxury" resort. Front desk staff es no bueno.

Icing on the cake was a family of 8 kids and 3 adults rolling up to our pool area, planting themselves, and going to town with food and drinks. Why am I paying for them? I pointed them out to two different employees who did nothing about it. They sat there all day.

At least it was only for five days. Never ever ever again. Not here, not any Sandos.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends