“Great service and great food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort

Save Saved
You added Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort to your Saves list
Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan KM 14 Manzana 53 Lote 37 1 | Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #18 of 172 hotels in Cancun
“Great service and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

From the time I checked in to the time I left, the service was impeccable!
Highlights - Bar One Yesenia & Aida (waitresses) Abdias & Luis(bartenders) were always on top of their game, never had to wait and never had to look for them, even when we moved tables or moved outside, they were always right there!!!!
Seasons - even though I did have to wait, the food was well worth it! The chef's food is innovative and unexpected, I had the seabass one night and truly the best I have ever eaten. The corn cappucino - fabulous! Jorge was consistently our waiter and again was always at our beckon call....
St. Tropez - excellent food, best guacamole and best club sandwich
Beach is great and rooms are pleasant - great place to stay, mellow and low key which is what I like!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos to spend your vacation in Cancún.

Our high end restaurant Seasons offers Modern Cuisine with touches of Molecular Gastronomy menu which most of our guests find delightful and a whole new fine dining experience. At Sandos Cancun we have developed a unique gastronomical experience unparalleled to any other, you can enjoy the best food quality in all of our Restaurants including St. Trop our pool restaurant.

We will be more than glad to welcome you back at Sandos Cancun to provide you another great vacation experience.

Best regards!

1,210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a nine day visit and was truly unhappy to leave. I thought after nine days at the resort I would be looking forward to leaving. Instead, I was thinking of planning my return trip.

Zangos for breakfast was a buffet with numerous dishes, along with eggs made to order. Karla did a wonderful job making the eggs over easy, scrambled and omelets were not overcooked, like I have had in Mexico numerous times. Lunch our favorite was at Zangos the menu varied from day to day. The pool menu, St. Trop, remained the same everyday. Burger, chicken wings, chicken club sandwich, fish dish to name a few items. Dinner at Zangos and Seasons were also our favorite, the Japanese not so much. All the servers while we were there were very attentitive. Even in Seasons our last night. Jorge did a great job while having two large tables of about 15-20 people each, one table of travel agents. All our meals were very good for an all-inclusive.

All the servers at the pool were constantly approaching us to see if we needed a drink. Alahandro did a great job setting up our towels by the pool or beach everyday. Very friendly and a hard worker. Luis Pablo also making sure that our service at St. Trop was good.

Friday night there was a Champagne party in which you were able to meet Martina, Director of the Resort, Carmen, Manager, and Allie, Customer Relations. It was a fun event very upbeat with a raffle held with numerous items given away.

We constantly saw Martina approaching guests to see how things were going. Carmen and Allie around the resort checking on things and correcting anything wrong.

We have been going to Anguilla for about six years and I have to say this place is making me reconsider making Sandos Cancun my next trip instead of Angulla. The pools were beautiful and the ocean was calm and a bright blue-green and crystal clear. We had an excellent trip and it will not be our last stay at Sandos.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Sandos Cancun, and for taking part of your valuable time to share with us your experience.

All of our guests truly enjoy of our breakfast buffet, as we have a large variety of options to cater every taste, from healthy eaters, to those who enjoy of a morning sweet treat.

It was truly a pleasure to meeting you and personally hear your experience at feedback at the Resort, as the same pleasure will be to welcome you back to your new home in Cancún.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here on a recent trip to cancun. Really enjoyed our stay! The resort is niece, the food is very good and the service is great (Pablo, Jose, Oscar, Araceli, and many more). Every employee we encountered was friendly and had a great attitude. The service really stands out. I would definitely return and recommend!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your Luxury Experience at Sandos Cancun. We are very glad to know that thanks to our personalized service and attention from our staff you could enjoy of a memorable vacation.

We are honored by your recommendation, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future.

Harrison Township, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

If we had not already stayed the previous 4 days at a luxury resort, maybe and I stress maybe we would have thought it was great too?? My guess is no, we still would have been disappointed. Our check in was rushed through. Our room was not prepared when we got in, we had 4 cans of soda in fridge, 3 towels in total in bathroom, no hair dryer, and a broken balcony door off of the tracks. We proceeded to have lunch in the outdoor restaurant which was meh, the salsa, chips and guacamole redeemed that meal. We spent time on the beach which was also just okay, waited forever for drink service and had to fend off about 4-5 beach vendors. The dinner again was meh, the flank steak should have come with cooked carrots and potatoes because it tasted like roast beef. The breakfast buffet was really good. Our last night I really wanted to be special, so we decided to go to their Seasons restaurant, first off it ended up being almost a 2 hour wait(the only other choice was buffet), once seated we noticed that our server had about another 5 tables besides ours to wait on, we waited almost 20 mins for rolls and drinks. Finally we order and ask for lobster as well as our filet. My friend and I ordered the scallops which when they came (another 20 mins later) were the size of a quarter and only 2 of them, our husbands ordered the ravioli which was one "ravioli" that was pretty much cidici with a thin slice of avocado on either side. 20-25 mins later the second course arrives, which my husband and I ordered the shrimp soup with "sea salt air" that looked like soap bubbles accompanied by soup that literally looked and tasted like vomit. Our friends got what was basically as they described to be creamed corn with whipped cream topping causing my friends husband to gag. Finally our last course of the filet and lobster arrive, and I could smell what I can only describe as a rotten fish smell before it even got to our table, once in front of us I clearly knew that it was from the lobster, the lobster was small and on top of the very small "filet" which looked very much like the flank steak served the prior evening. My stomach already turning from the soup (I finally had to crack into my arsenal of stomach medicines once back to the room) we all looked at each other and called over our server and told him that the lobster was bad along with the rest of the meal, we tipped him and proceeded to leave. Clearly it was not the servers fault, they were understaffed (apparently throughout the resort, we saw servers from the beach area during the day now serving inside in the evening) and the quality of the food was not his fault either. We went up to our room extremely disappointed and disheartened only to order room service pizza which took about an hour to arrive and was burnt :( It did nothing to complain on all of the matters listed above, the front desk looked at us and had the attitude pretty much like, what do you want us to do about it?? They made no offer of reconciliation on any of the situations, except the room, if they hadn't gotten the balcony door fixed we maybe would have been moved? So okay, the pools were nice? Nice view of the water from the pool area? The bed was comfy, but the pillows were hard. Other than that, I got nothing...... I also felt horrible that we came on our friends (who were with us) recommendation,and how awful they felt having suggested this to us. They had stayed the year before and commented on how great it was, maybe because they stayed in a suite and it was only 1 night? Regardless of what room or how long you stay, everyone should have a good if not great experience. We will never be going back!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback and experience in the Resort.

We are sorry to know that we could not live up to your expectations. At Seasons Restaurant we have a concept of Modern Cuisine with a touch of Molecular Gastronomy which most of our guests truly delight, this is culinary experience that caters the most sophisticated palates.

It’s a shame that we won’t have the opportunity to welcome you back at Sandos Cancún.

Kind regards!
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The food is better than expected! Really great and I am very picky usually! The Tepennyaki experience is ok the zenga is ok and the Seasons is wonderful! Even the wine is very acceptable! The room was clean, confy and good! People are soooo nice, everywhere! The beach is clean and wonderful! The beds on the beach sooooo fun! Wifi free and very good connexion everywhere, even on the beach! My standards are european and picky and believe me you will enjoy every minute of your stay at the Sandos! Will recommand it to all my friends and will sure come back very soon! Thank you for all your efforts to make our stay more than enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, it has been a pleasure for me and my team to serve you throughout your stay.

It is a delight to read that we could exceed your expectations prviding you a real Luxury Experience at Sandos Cancún. All of our guests praise our white sand and turquoise water beach surrounded with comfortable and luxurious grounds.

We appreciate your recommendation looking forward to welcome you back to provide you once more the best vacation experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The first thing that I thought when we walked inside of the Sandos was "just pinch me" because everything was just so beautiful inside and this being our first trip to Mexico I felt I truly hit the jackpot at the Sandos! We were greeted by very friendly staff and while we were checking in I was given a rose, a glass of champagne and a cool towel- what a nice touch- it made me feel so welcomed and special!

Here is the rundown of our experience-

The Food- I am a bit of a food snob but I found the food here really delicious and there were many choices. We tried all of the restaurants including room service and I really can't say which one I liked best because each and everyone of them were very good not to mention the service was above and beyond! I will however mention my love for tamales and was quite pleased they were available daily at the breakfast buffet ( I had one every morning for breakfast)! Just be aware that if you go off season not all of the restaurants are open daily so if you want to try all of them make sure you check the availability so you don't miss out!

The Bar- The bar service was very good and the bartenders were friendly and attentive. I am not a big drinker but I was pleasantly surprised with the drinks and the selection. I ended my birthday evening in the bar with a group of friends we had met and thanks to the bar staff it turned out to be one of my best birthday celebrations ever!

The Pool- although I spent most of my time at the beach the pool was beautiful and clean and the water temperatures varied in each pool so you could pick and choose your own comfort level.

The Beach- I have been to several caribbean islands and this was by far was my favorite beach. The beach was clean and there were plenty of chairs available. I have to be careful of the sun so I really enjoyed the beach side cabanas.

The Rooms- We had a deluxe with a beautiful view of the ocean and pool. Our room was very clean and spacious and I really appreciated the turned down service in the evening. The only thing that I would say about the room is that our mini bar was only restocked once in the 6 days we stayed there and that was because we called . I would have liked it to be done daily with out having to ask.

My Birthday- Was totally awesome! I truly lucked out by celebrating my birthday at the Sandos. I had a happy birthday banner placed on my door and a very beautiful "towel cake" was placed on the bed as well. It happened to be "Mexican Night" and I was very happy because I love Mexican food and the tequila cart was pretty cool - I had never done shots of tequila so it was quite an experience for me. The Mayan dance show was amazing as well! The icing on my cake was the very beautiful birthday cake and happy birthday song that was presented to me by the waitstaff !! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

The Spa- OMG this spa is something else! Very beautiful and clean! One of my favorite indulgence happens to be massages and so we did a couples massage on my birthday. The staff at this spa is outstanding- my massage was truly wonderful and because it was my birthday cake and wine were waiting for us after our massages. What a nice touch and very memorable experience. Hints- massage services can be pricey so watch for the daily specials. There were many 2 for 1 specials which made it a little easier on the budget.

The Entertainment- Being that it was off season the entertainment was limited and can become even more limited with rain. Several of the scheduled events were canceled due to weather. It would have been nice to have "rain alternate activities " Being a big fan of live music I was disappointed when the live music was canceled due to rain- perhaps it could have been moved to indoors....?

All in all we had a truly amazing time - Attention to detail was prevalent at the Sandos and it was very hard to leave our little slice of paradise! Kudos to all of the staff - they truly make Sandos what it is!!

Room Tip: A room towards the front with a balcony offers a good view ( we were in room 325)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing such an emotional review of your Luxury Experience at Sandos Cancún.

Sandos Cancun offers the “ Total Gourmet Experience” where you can try different Gourmet food every day and night of the week in sophisticated and modern atmospheres, we are glad to know that you truly enjoyed this gastronomical experience.

It is a true pleasure to know that our staff could make of your birthday a special day turning it into a memorable experience, as well an indulgent couples massage in our Spa del Mar, which we take pride of it as it is one of our best features in the Resort.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future for another celebration or a getaway, here in your slice of paradise, Sandos Cancún.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Sandos during our honeymoon in June and had an absolutely amazing time! The property itself is very clean, well managed, efficient and incredibly friendly. The pool always had more than enough cabanas to sit in and never felt overly crowded or loud. The pool was quite possibly the most beautiful one i've ever seen in my life. three levels of infinity pool looking out over the teal ocean. it was magic.

The staff was incredbly fun, friendly and accommodating. we used the on site excursion service to book zip lining (Selvatica-- A MUST SEE!!) and a tour of Chichen ITZA and everything was timely and well organized. Irving, in particular, our server during breakfast each morning and at the pool a few days, was a hilight. He was so cheerful and funny and always remembered our names and our drink preferences.

Another hilight was the suprise free massages offered by the pool. 15 minutes of bliss under the sun, it was wonderful!

I'd highly recommend Sandos to anyone travelling to Cancun. It was top notch!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún to spend your honeymoon, we are very glad to know that your experience in our resort was amazing.

Our 3infinity pools, set to three different temperatures that appear to blend into the the turquoise water of the sea, are surrounded with luxurious cabanas that feature concierge service, beach access and comfortable beds for rest and relaxation; all of our guests truly enjoy these features.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at Sandos Cancún to celebrate your first Anniversary.

Best regards!
Director

Been to Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort? Share your experiences!