“Wow! Wow! Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort

Save Saved
You added Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort to your Saves list
Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan KM 14 Manzana 53 Lote 37 1 | Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #19 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wow! Wow! Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I just returned from the Sandos one week ago. We still can't believe that our 8 days at the Sandos were "picture perfect"! We have visited Mexico 16 times, but this was the best time ever. We tried to decide if it was the wonderful hotel or the people who worked there that made it so enjoyable. It was both! From the moment we stepped up to the front desk and met smiling Marisela, it was fabulous. There was amazing Irving who made us happy just being around him and his wonderful service, Gracious Ericka who would greet us at night, by name, after the first night she met us, Reyes, who would go far beyond the "call of duty" to make sure that our beach drinks, seating area, food, etc. were just perfect and that we were totally happy. We once owned a restaurant, and it was fun to watch the workers. One who was still in training, Erick, really impressed us. His every move was productive and made the guest feel so special. So, from arriving and mentioning that it was my birthday, to having a perfect lunch and then shown to our room, where there was a magnificent birthday cake waiting for me, to Alberto, who treated us like we were royalty when we came to dinner, we were overwhelmed with the service. I know that I cannot mention everyone, but please don't take my word for it, go to the Sandos and make a memory you will enjoy remembering for years to come.
p.s. I loved the warm pools and the miles and miles of white sandy beach!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 717. We asked for a room on the 5,6,or 7th floor with a king bed and balcony. Th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank your for choosing Sandos Cancún, it has been an honor to celebrate your birthday at the Resort.

We are very pleased to know that from the moment you came into Sandos you had a warm welcome from our staff who immediately made you feel like home, as well we appreciate your kind comments for our service, we all at Sandos work hard for you to live a Luxury Experience.
We are looking forward to welcome you back at Sandos Cancún for another perfect vacation on paradise.

Warm regards!
Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We just returned from our first trip to Cancun and our first stay at a Sandos property. I did the usual and read a lot of the reviews posted before I left so I already had something in my head as what to expect. Let me say that even though there are a few suggestions in this review that my wife and I overall loved the resort and the area. I will start with the food: The food was ok but that is based upon my rating of food at various locations overall. As all-inclusive food goes it probably ranks #1 on my list. Drinks were very good there. Top shelf alcohol is provided and the local tequila is outstanding. The rooms were nice although if you just get a deluxe room it does seem a bit cramped because of the layout. However it is still a nice room. I would suggest making sure you have a room that includes a balcony because the breeze off of the Gulf is outstanding and makes a nice place to sit and relax. We attended the Champagne Reception one night and it was a nicely done event. I was surprised to see how young the management staff of the Hotel are however I think it is to its benefit. I would suggest this location to anyone that wants to relax and enjoy the beauty that Cancun has to offer.

Now the downsides of the resort. The staff at this resort are the most friendly and accommodating of any resort I have stayed at before. They are friendly and a pleasure to deal with. The only suggestions/recommendations I would make with this is that even though this is an all-inclusive resort, be prepared to tip every now and then. The level of attention does seem to increase with the frequency of the tip. For example my first day there on the beach I had a tough time getting the beach waiters to come over and take a drink order. When they did it would take some time to get the drink delivered and a couple of times it was forgotten. After that I started tipping a dollar every time I got a drink and I almost could not drink them fast enough.
Again not really a complaint here since most people are used to tipping for good service anyhow. However this is an all inclusive resort so it should be one way or the other. To have the level of service dependent upon whether you tip or not when you don't expect it may not be the best way to go.

The beach is amazing, I have been to beaches all over and I must say that the waters here have been the most beautiful. Beach chairs do not seem to be an issue at this resort since even though the resort may be full it seems like you can always find a chair. The cabanas on the other hand are a different story. You need to get down to the beach very early to reserve a cabana if you want one. Again I found that the proper application of the American dollar will guarantee that you have a cabana when you arrive at the beach. I do not agree with this practice however if you don't do it you have to get up awfully early or be prepared for a lounge chair. I would suggest however that the resort figure out how to monitor the use of the cabanas. I saw at least 50% of the cabanas used only the equivalent of about a hour a day. Some where reserved and not used until late in the day. So it sat empty all day. There should be a requirement that if the cabana is empty more than 2hrs it be released for someone else's use.

Other than these few dissatisfactions again I say the resort was a pleasure. I cannot say enough about the friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff, thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed Sandos culinary offerings with our Total Gourmet Experience, as well our beverage selection which includes top shelf liquor and premium branded alcohol, house wine, canned beer and bottled water.

I appreciate you to bring to my attention the issues for the use of the cabanas, we are already taking actions to ensure that any guest be left without its additional benefit of using a cabana when this is included on its package.

We hope to welcome you again in a near future for another relaxing and luxurious vacation in the Mexican Caribbean.

Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am very happy with my choice, food was excellent, service, rooms and everything was super. No crowds, very relaxing, service was the best in the area. I liked it a lot and will go back. Differently as rated, one of the best in Cancun. Much better then Secrets next door. Smaller resort, and you can get personal attention.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, we are very glad to know that you could enjoy of a pleasant and relaxing vacation in our Resort, where the personalized service has distinguished from the beginning.

Do not hesitate to come back to Sandos Cancún for another Luxury Experience in your new home in Cancún.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We celebrated a big birthday here with our teenage daughters. The hotel was just what we needed, a boutique hotel with professional staff and wonderful facilities. The breakfasts were superb with a wide selection of fruit, pastries and hot choices. And a freshly prepared mimosa always to hand. The pool was warm sparkling and we mostly had it all to ourselves but I loved the easy access to the amazingly beautiful beach with its loungers and cabanas. The wait staff couldn't have been more helpful and we rarely had to call for anyone to refresh our cocktails. The dinner at night was delicious with great choices and an excellent wine list. However I wouldn't chose this hotel if you are looking for entertainment or child care for little ones. Its more an oasis of calm. the gym and spa and the peace by the pool are all we wanted.... mass entertainment is not what this hotel is all about. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: request sea facing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all, let me congratulate on your birthday, it has been a pleasure to celebrate this special occasion with you.

All of our guests truly enjoy our pool facilities, beach grounds and privileged spot in the beach, as well as our breakfast selection with our fruit station, cold and hot station and pastries to have a complete, varied and delicious first meal of the day.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcome you again for another peaceful and fabulous vacation.

Warm regards!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Well after reading SEVERAL reviews about Sandos before picking our final destination spot, we decided to give this resort a shot. Overall the resort rates pretty good in our books. Great place to go for relaxation, I would have to say more couples and a few families were the vacationers that frequent there. Overall look of the resort is a nice small boutique style hotel, staff is great in some retrospect. Here is my ratings on our experience at Sandos.

FRONT DESK:

I would rate them at a 4, great experience checking in. Front desk was courteous and had our room ready on time and no disappointments here. Check out was a breeze. Wristbands we were given RED, which I assumed was for the suites, as we also had a suite booked, if not i am unsure if they were giving gold bands as other reviews have stated.

ZANDOS WAITERS( menu style restaurant ) :

I would rate them at 3.5 - 4.5, depending on the night and who is serving you. There were a few that were excellent, but then again we always tipped so we pretty much had the same waiters over and over again, and then there were some who needed to find other callings in life as they were absolutely horrendous. Kudos to Artho and Jesus for being great at their jobs we truly appreciated their services. Food was good-great depending on the dish and overall I was impressed with the meals, some dishes were as good as any regular paid meal in a 4-5 star restaurant so I was surprised of the quality at an all inclusive. Note to upper management, we were there on a Thursday night, and you can tell the hotel was starting to have more vacationers check in, but for some odd reason they were short on waiters as the wait staff cannot keep up with the people piling in the restaurant and services was very very very bad! So know when your having more people check in so you can have adequate staff in hand or else people are going to get pissed off and come on here and bash your resort! But in hindsight I did see that someone from the front desk come in and help clear tables, that I thought was a great showmanship of community within the staff to help each other out, but management if you truly want to be a "5" star hotel you can not have mishaps like that.

SEASONS WAITERS: ( "fancy" same menu restaurant )

Rate is a big 0. Not much to say but DO NOT eat there. Menu was horrible. Food was horrible. Wait staff was horrendous ( Michael) we went there once and never went back. Waste of time in our opinion. Setting was beautiful, wished I can say more about the rest of the place....

ST. TROPAZ and BEACH WAITERS:

I would rate food at a 3-4 nothing special on the menu, but overall great snack and quick foods. Drinks were made well and efficiently what more can you want right?? Now I need to go out of my way and say the only reason I am writing a review is because of one guy and his name is Martin Pech. This guy is phenomenal!!! All staff should try to give the service this man did. He was a great experience to have and we would go back just because we know he would be there. If you encounter this man on your trip watch and see for yourself why he always gets the reviews he gets over and over again. I will give credit to Alex as well for his services, but Martin is the guy you want to remember your sandos experience with, trust me on that.

HOUSEKEEPING:
Rate them at a 4. Great job. No issues, the only thing I would pick about is the fact they don't use fitted sheets on the beds, that bothers me but I am also a germ phob. Our suite was large and comfortable. Loved our balcony and watched the sunrise twice from our room.

CONCIERGE:

Ok these people are useless. Do not talk to them, as they are not there to help, only there to upsell to timeshares. Do not ask them questions as they do not want to help you unless they can talk to you about timeshares. Anything you need you can look up on the Internet anyways as wifi is free. These people are a joke and if Sandos wants to be a "5" star you don't have a concierge desk that is useless right?? They don't answer the phone or anything. Useless useless useless. Just put up a sign that says we only discuss timeshares. You don't have a concierge at the "w" or ritz or even the crappiest hotel in the world that sells timeshares from their concierge desk. Concierge is there to assist your clients with questions or concerns not to have a plug in for TIMESHARES!!! It's annoying!!!!!

SPA:

Rate 3-4 ok in services. Not a big spa, but comfortable. Prices are high but just try to catch the daily special and those are good deals to be had.

POOL AND POOL SIDE ATTENDEES:

Pool was very nice. No issues finding a cabana guys were helpful and busted their butts running around to lay towels for people. Maybe they do save some chairs or cabanas for people who tip them? Who knows and who cares. If its that big of a deal to always have a cabana or chair you want then let the guys know or just TIPP them! I don't get why people don't want to tip. You are in a place where the economy is run by wait staff and tipping shouldn't be a big deal. They work hard for it. If they deserve it, TIPif they were horrendous dont tip. Pretty simple people. What is 5 dollars here and there? In North America even if we had the worst service, we still tip to those who are ungrateful, there they want you to have a great experience so tip if you can.

Overall we would go back, thenonly other hotel i want to check out is le blanc, so we will have to wait and see if not Sandos it is. I hope you enjoyed my honest and real review of this establishment.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancún, we appreciate you to take part of your precious time to share your honest and detailed review of your recent stay at the Resort.

We are pleased to know that from the beginning in your check in you could experience a nice treatment and service. Due to our guests feedback we have taken out the gold wristbands, so all of our guests use red wristbands where suite users enjoy of some additional benefits in the Resort.

Please accept my sincere apology for the issues experienced at Seasons, actions have already been taken regarding to service. We also launched our New Season menu, which includes modern cuisine with a touch of Molecular Gastronomy.

It will be our true pleasure to welcome you and present you our improvements made due to our guests feedback and suggestions.

Fort Benning, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I visited Sandos Luxury Experience for the first time last August, and our most recent visit was in April of this year. We loved it just as much the second time around. Whenever we do return to Cancun, this Sandos, will be our little sexy, cool, relaxation spot! Don't come here if partying in this hotel is on your mind, as this is NOT the place, thank goodness!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Web Relations C, General Manager at Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancun once more. We are very pleased to know that your second time stay was as good as the first one.

It will always be a pleasure to welcome you to your new home in paradise, do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival.

Martina Rodriguez
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our experience at this resort was magnificent! We stayed six nights at Sandos and seven nights at another resort, we would have stayed at Sandos the whole two weeks!!! We have been coming to the Riviera twice a year for the last ten years or so. The Sandos Experiance was fabulous! The resort is centrally located, but MOST important to us is how the staff treat us. Let me start with Valet Eric Arjona, night and day he ALWAYS welcome us with a smile and knew who we were, so was Alfredo, no words to describe his professionalism. Concierge Luis is a delight, professional, engaging and fun. We want to personally thank the following restaurant professionals who made our stay memorable: Alberto Hernandez, Jairo, Alfredo, Abdias, Fabrizio and specially to Jonathan at St. Trop. I am fully bilingual, NOT ONES I heard a staff member talk behind a guest back which is well known in the Riviera, I thank Management for that.
The food is very good so is the presentation. Over all, this resort is a nice little secret and we will be back soon. One night Management invited all guest to a Champagne Cocktail Party at the Penthouse, it was superb!!! Very well done!!! Kudos to all!!! It shows this Management team really want the resort to be a success.
Just a couple of negatives in my view:
The front desk staff doesn't have any personality, no smiles, it seams like they are afraid, don't care or don't have a clue. I will retrained them.
The resort has to make up it's mind if is a BOUTIQUE HOTEL or a RESORT FOR FAMILIES?!
I say this because during our stay they were a lot of infants and little children.
Seasons Restaurant has a dress code which is NOT enforced. One night at Seasons while dinning a Violinist was playing his music it was lovely!, all of the sutton two families arrived dress from the beach, flip-flops, shorts with 5 little children an two infants, well, it was chaos! Kids running around, parents yelling you get the picture and it happened every night.
We don't think kids in diapers should be in the main pool either.
I hope Manag. Makes some changes soon.
We absolutely like the Management Team!
Can't wait to go back to see some changes! We give this resort a 9 1/2.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Cancun and for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay in our Resort.

We are glad to know that our Total Gourmet Experience delighted you in every meal, as well that you joined us in the Champagne Party that me and my Managers team we host for our guests, this gives us the opportunity to get to know you personally and remain to your disposal for any assistance.

I truly appreciate your kind words and acknowledgement for our staff that contributed to make your vacations a real Luxury Experience. We also appreciate your positive criticism, be sure that this will be taken into consideration.

We will be more than glad to welcome you again and show you our improvements made due to your feedback.

Martina Rodriguez
Director

Been to Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort? Share your experiences!