Stayed here in May 2014 for 2 nights as an all inclusive package. Got a beachfront villa and an excellent place to relax. The hotel as such is good, but the people, especially the concierge is REALLY REALLY RUDE and TERRIBLE.
- Pool, Location, Amenities, Food are all good
- Al inclusive package is very economical especially with the free food from Captains Cove.
- The hotel assigns you to a person whom you can call at anytime for making reservations, basically someone at your service. Her name was Ariel and she tried hard to sell us tickets to Coco-Bongo. We decided not to buy it and since then she was no more than a stranger to us. My friend fell sick and I went to Ariel's office since the pharmacist could not speak English at all, she was acting all busy and never even acknowledged my need for help, continuing her conversation on the phone. Instead another person in that office came way out of her way to help us. All because she did not get her share by making us go to Coco-Bongo! There was no other reason, because we never interacted after rejecting her "canvasing" for going to the "best night club, the wow place in the whole area".
- The concierge: Upon checkout, DO NOT TAKE TAXIS from the Hotel. They charge you atleast 2 or 3 times the regular fare. The concierge are like bullies who do not let regular taxis get into the hotel. Instead, they have their collection of taxis which the guest is expected to use. Since I read about this ridiculous cheating, form Trip Advisor, I decided to walk out of the hotel, and move towards the main road for getting a taxi. On my way, the gate keeper was very rude to me and he radioed someone in the walkie talkie. This guy came out, stood in front of me with his hotel uniform to scare away the taxis who would have otherwise stopped. He harassed me in direclty by making sure that I do not get a taxi, constantly radioing someone in in walkie talkie. Finally I had to cross the road to the other side for getting a taxi. Thankfully, the bully did not cross the road and went back. Thats when I got a taxi.
Such a treatment for the guests, especially after paying multiple hundred dollars a night for a stay at the royal Cancun. Is this the way you treat your guests? Doesn't the concierge have any training on how to treat the guests? With their huge body and rude attitude, The Royal Cancun deserves an applause for defining the new low in guest treatment.
I hope that you do something about this.
Afterall after spending a lot of money at your resort, isn't it my decision whether to take the taxis with inflated rates from within the hotel, or just walk out and get my own taxi? Its a free world, last time i checked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun an All Suites Resort All Inclusive stands elegantly along a sheltered beach with kid-friendly surf and views of Isla Mujeres. Step back in time, into the relaxed atmosphere of Old Mexico and its revered family traditions. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Cancun is a 10-minute drive from the Hotel Zone's major shopping malls, nightclubs and golf courses, 10 minutes from Downtown Cancun and a 25-minute drive from Cancun airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, TravelClick, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Agoda so you can book your The Royal Cancun, an All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun