Save Saved
You added The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort to your Saves list
The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kukulcan Boulevard Km 4.5 Hotel Zone | Lotes C2 & C2A, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly The Royal Cancun)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Toledo, Ohio
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have been to Mexico many times but always Riviera Maya. I have never vacationed in Cancun. This trip was set up by 3 other ladies that I accompanied. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was always working to make everything perfect. There is only one main restaurant on site that is for all means and another restaurant that is Italian and seafood for dinner only. Then there was a bar/lunch area by the pool where the staff would go to the other restaurant to get your request. The food was delicious. The sister hotel is the Royal Sands just a few minutes down the road for a $1 bus ride (easy to use and cheap/safe). Their pool and restaurants were all terrific. They then have a restaurant a few miles away Captain's Cove that is a few miles away for about a $16 cab ride but well worth it. If you are all-inclusive all the places that I named are included in your luxurious wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We were facing the parking lot with a garden outside our porch. I really did not mind, we were hard...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Room was beautiful, staff was friendly, took the all-inclusive option and at at La Palapa every meal. Food was amazing. if you like cats, you can expect company at dinner, from the resident felines. Sidewalk rolls up at 11, party boats go by every night, excellent security, nice quiet resort. We liked it so much we wanted to find out how to buy in. Big mistake. We lost our entire last day going to the Sands (opulent, noisy, lousy food) for the presentation. We wanted 5 years at the Cancun, for a few thousand. We said that repeatedly. They tried to sell us 50 years, 2 weeks ayear, at the Haciendas, for 143, 000 at 17% interest! when we were appalled, the manager was very rude,and we were basically dumped at the Sands. The shuttle only runs every 2 hours. We wanted to parasail, but the location "right next door" was so mysterious, none of the staff knew where it was. We finally saw the chutes, Waaaaaaay down the beach, based in a vacant lot, in the blazing sun. As it was first come, first served, not appointment, we bailed. So, If you want good food, and a quieter, more grown up vacation in a beautiful 2 bdr suite, with a full kitchen and decent bedding, great food, lovely beach and friendly staff, rent out a timeshare from someone that already owns. Apparently, there is a yearly maintenance fee. ( NOT mentioned at the presentation) of nearly a thousand dollars, and many owners will rent it out, just to cover their fee.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
fancylu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We loved this resort and it's location. The grounds were beautiful and lush, the rooms were very nice and clean, and the beach was calm and perfect for swimming. We ate at the beachfront palapa restaurant several times, and the food and service were always good, with beautiful views. We had a 2 bedroom unit on the top floor facing the lagoon. It was perfect! It's a full service resort with a spa, swim up bar, gym, convenience store, tennis courts, etc. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I will not come back.
Good for families with kids because its quite.
Food is ok not great.
Front service--> not good at all, ATTITUDE ATTITUDE ATTITUDE and I hate ppl w attitude.
(We were supposed to have a 2 bed with 2 bath(this one is like a loft). I mean, thats what we reserved. Instead, we got the 2 bed with 1 bath- no loft)
One thing I hate is when ppl LIES.
They had the rooms but didnnt wanna give cuz it was only me, my husband, and my 3yr old daughter.
We got the all-inclusive deal, we got tp hotel 2-3 hrs before the check in time.
I mean, seriously, do any of you wanna pay the food if you wanna drink/eat because you were there a little early?
I am not a greedy person. I like to eat good food at a good atmosphere.
When we went to eat our first meal, the waiter/host(I don't even know what he was cuz he sat us down and nothing else. No menu nothing. We were just sitting there like, HELLO??? WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO???
My hub finally asked the other guy to get us a menu then a guy came to help. Then there was a another change of person and he was a great server.
OK, today was the lobster night so we were a bit excited, who wouldn't?
so we went to the restaurant and ordered the lobsters for me n hub. He said my daughter couldn't habe it. HMMMM
ok.. so ordered her a kids meal.
When I got mine, I could tell it was overcooked cuz it was BURNT. I tried to cut it and I couldn't. Seriously, it was like I was cutting a rubber. I touched it and it was cold too. I AM NOT LYING. IT WAS COLD N OVERCOOKED. I called the waiter and told him it was cold, he took it WITHOUT a word. I was HUMILIATED and I've NEVER experienced that in my life.
I have 2 more days to spend and I'm now worried cuz I don't even wanna go near that place.
Ive tipping every single person here even it's all included. I didn't tip that guy. I feel bad I didn't tip him but I don't think he deserve it.
Anyways, this hotel made me feel like a 2nd citizen from the moment we cked in.
You give the service when you promised to. That means, do not get the consumers confused by giving the rooms they werent promised.
I came here to enjoy my vacation not to feel unwelcomed. AND I AM NOT to be treated like this.
Aghhhhhh! I am so pissed!
Seriously, you can always get better amenities in cancun than this. Y'all should work harder if you want ppl to come back.
(Y'all, this is my first time ever writing a review. I'm a pretty laid back person. I dont do this cuz I am lazy to do this kinda review. This means I am really upset! Sorry.. im doing this through my cell phone, too lazy to correct the spells n grammar.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator. at The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post about our resort.

We always strive to provide the highest satisfaction levels and we regret that this was not the case on this occasion. Rest assured that your comments are being shared with the departments involved so that they may improve service. Please accept a sincere apology.

We received a different request from your travel agency regarding your reservation and unit size. We are sure that you understand that this is out of our control as you were duly informed at front desk. However, this is no reason for you to receive bad service. We are taking steps to ensure that this won't be experienced again by any of our customers.

Our restaurants are all certified as “Distintivo H” establishments. The Mexican Ministry of Tourism and Mexican Ministry of Health award this prestigious certification to restaurants that fulfill the rigorous standards of food storage and preparation established by Mexican code NMX-F605 NORMEX 2004. The aforementioned code complies with the highest quality and health standards in the world.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your dining experience and that you felt that it was below par. Your feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed with restaurant staff so that they can address service issues.

We hope to be able to host you again during your next Mexican Caribbean vacation.

Warm regards.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The place was cleaner than Disneyland and each and every worker had a smile and was happy to help you with any question. We had a Caribbean Sea View, bottom floor just steps to the white sand that was combed perfectly each morning. The food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was very good, no problems with drinking the water or eating salad as the treat their water onsite. The recently added an Italian Resturant with a huge selection of wine that great. They have a onsite convenience store that had everything you would need. There is a swim up bar with good drinks fun bartenders. The pool area was relaxing compared to another resort with loud music and lots if guests. This Royal Resorts (there are several of them in and around Cancun) recently changed to all inclusive, we booked a long time ago so we were not under that obligation. The resort is within walking distance to the Ultramar Ferry to Isla Mujeres, which we had a great time at (we booked a golf cart for the day and explored the island). If we go back to Cancun we will stay at the Royal Cancun.

• Stayed May 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is the best deal in Cancun. We got a 2 bedroom villa with full kitchen, living room, beach front balcony, and 2 bedrooms for a great price. Plus, the all inclusive deal is worth it. There's a fancy Italian restaurant here that is spectacular. All the staff at this resort is very helpful and they will never say no. The pool and beach are perfect. It's not rowdy or quiet. It's exactly the right type of crowd and noise level to relax and meet new people. We're definitely going to be back!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

All was good we had a room in 2nd floor in front of pool, no problem with pool noise. Excellent location. We cooked our food. Very good service. Very cean renovated room. Other resorts are just too big, but it is great to go to the beach or to the entrance with a short walk. We´d come back for sure. Tourist office and car rental service was really helpful. It was our first time in Cancún and we really feel we had a great blessing of staying here, we had the chance to visit other bigger resorts but the Royal just has the right size for us, we took tours, we went on bus to the town to buy at the supermarket, or at the nice shoping malls and club areas at night, we took tours to Chichen Itza, Xcaret, and drove to Playa and Kantunchi cenote, went by ourselves to isla Mujeres, the hotel was perfect for all these.

Room Tip: I think the villas with view to south (road, lagoon) are the least atractive. The view to the North...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort? Share your experiences!