“Wonderful two weeks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort

You added The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort to your Saves list
The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kukulcan Boulevard Km 4.5 Hotel Zone | Lotes C2 & C2A, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly The Royal Cancun)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Special Price Tours!
Ranked #17 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Brooklyn, NY, USA
“Wonderful two weeks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My sister and I have been coming to 'VCI', now known as Royal Can Cun, for over 30 years. We bought our villa during construction and look forward to our two weeks here. The staff are the best, villa beautiful altho we liked the old decor better, grounds are spectacular, location ideal, easy to get to town or center of Can Cun. We take advantage of the shuttle service offered to us and visit the other Royals. We have formed friendships with others who own at the same time and it is reunion time. Our concierge this year was not the best, but he was the only fly in the ointment. It will not stop us from returning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Czech first
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The weather was not great but The Royal Cancun was its normal warm and friendly self. We have been coming here annually for the past 7 years and the resort does not change the things that make it great. The landscaping is wonderful, the staff is friendly and the accommodations are timeless.

We had three guests this year and we all loved the resort. Even the little things were done right. When I walked to my car in the rain, a bellman gave me an umbrella. The front desk personnel are very knowledgeable and the resort services - snorkeling equipment, sailboats, tennis and bikes were all well maintained.

I hate the high-rise hotels and this isn't one of them.
This is a great family resort but also a great place for friends and couples alike.

Room Tip: Most rooms have some view of the Caribbean and Isla. Try to avoid rooms with only courtyard views. V...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We returned for a second visit because our kids enjoyed this location so much. Staff is super friendly, we didn't get the best concierge this time but that wasn't the reason for coming back here. Housekeeping was great and having a full kitchen was great as well. Leisurely get up have a light bite and some coffee in our kitchen and then head out for the day. Not too close to anything but that us what the buses are for and the shuttle to sister resorts was convenient as well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

To be honest when I arrived I was underwhelmed. Not much around the Royal Cancun as you are driving there, the driveway is nice but not spectacular, and the lobby is okay. What I think I forgot for a moment was that I was there for rest and relaxation and for my family to have a phenomenal time. The Royal Cancun delivered on all of that.

Though this is not a new resort and the room style is a little outdated, you will not find a cleaner place to stay. Maid service every day but Sundays. Every day I would see the room staff cleaning not only the rooms but washing the sliding glass door windows inside and out. We had a small leak in our dish washer and they actually took it out and put in a new one so we would not be inconvenienced.

The level of service from everyone was amazing. Grecia, our Concierge was amazing. My Grandaughter fell in love with the turtle pond and Grecia brought turtle food in from the store to give to my Grandaughter. This was not because she wanted us to buy something but because she was just a wonderful person who cared about her guests. The young lady who works with people who want to paint pottery managed to make my 2 year old Grandaughter's iguana that she had painted look like it was done by someone much older though she did not have to. There were many others whose names I do not remember, but I can honestly say there was not a single person in the 11 days we were there that was not smiling and trying to make our stay amazing.

The only drawback to the resort is that there is nothing close to the resort. The good news is the bus stop is literally right in front of the resort so you can get virtually anywhere for under a dollar a person.

This was not the vacation I expected or thought I wanted, until I got there and now I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at the Royal Cancun with four other friends the last week of October to do some scuba diving in Cancun. The facilities and rooms are very well maintained and beautiful. We were given a two bedroom unit directly overlooking the beach (2nd and 3rd floor). It was across the street from Scuba Cancun and a short walk to the ferry to Isla Mujeres which made it convenient. A bus or taxi was easy enough to catch right outside to venture out to see what the rest of the area has to offer. This was the off season, so the place was almost empty. There seemed to be a combination of older folks (50+ which I happen to be) and families as opposed to being a place where singles would go. There's nothing wrong with that, and we kind of expected it from reading other reviews. I've stayed at the Royal Hacienda, so I knew the policy for having to pay to use the workout facilities. This part bothered me a little because I workout daily but didn't necessarily feel like their facilities were worth paying extra for. This was a timeshare exchange, and I'm not used to paying to use a small gym with limited weights/equipment. The only other negative that I could add is that a couple of the waiters at the La Palapa were not exceedingly friendly or helpful at times. This could have been because we already had drinks with us when we were seated. We also had a waiter tell us a dish included soup/salad bar that night, but once we started eating he said we would have to pay extra (not a big deal, just a little aggravating). I will say that the food there was very good. The fish tacos and fajitas seemed to be our favorite dishes. The rest of the staff at the resort were all very polite and helpful. I would stay here again, and I would recommend this place to others, especially to those not looking for a lot of onsite nightlife.

Rotterdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went with two dear friends of mine for the first time and had a wonderful time!! Can't wait to go back! Wish we could have stayed longer! :) The staff was so accommodating and the hotel offered activities to keep you entertained. Especially had fun at the bar and pool. AWESOME VACATION!

Mountain Home, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've been going to the Royal Cancun for 28 years (have only traded twice). It's become a "girls only" trip - my sisters, cousin, maybe a friend - we just read, relax, shop for silver on the beach, drink buckets of beer and enjoy the Palapa restaurant. All of the Royal resorts are beautiful, but the Royal Cancun is more intimate. We don't have the crashing waves, but the beach is 20 feet from the beach chairs. It's quiet and very relaxing, no loud partying. We take the bus to go shopping and eating and just hang around our resort. I've got 23 more years to go, and I intend to go every year!

Room Tip: All of the suites are good. The ones facing the lagoon get more traffic noise on the balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort? Share your experiences!