“Best holiday ever. A fabulous Mexican Caribean resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort

You added The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort to your Saves list
The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kukulcan Boulevard Km 4.5 Hotel Zone | Lotes C2 & C2A, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly The Royal Cancun)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
All Inclusive + 2 Tours!
Ranked #16 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Ilford, United Kingdom
“Best holiday ever. A fabulous Mexican Caribean resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have just returned back to rainy UK after 14 nights staying at The Royal Cancun. It was our first time in Cancun, and this resort was a fantastic base. The 2 bedroom villa we were in (B1411) was very comfortable, clean and spacious. It was on the ground floor, with the children's pool right outside - ideal for us with our children. The resort was peaceful and relaxing and ideal for us to sunbathe and take a dip in the pool all afternoon, particularly during happy hour! The staff at this resort were all very helpful and courteous and we also appreciated their help in arranging with them two excellent all inclusive trips to Xel Ha and Chichen Itza. I had chosen this resort purely after reading all the reviews and the resort descriptions on various sites, and the fact that we could get a 2 bed villa/apartment and we were not disappointed at all and would go there again in an instance. We also preferred this resort to an all-inclusive hotel as our villa/apartment had a kitchen with all the amenities needed. We didn't want to be stuck in an all-inclusive resort, as on the Hotel Zone (particularly La Isla Plaza) there are numerous restaurants to eat at and all reasonably priced. Buses were cheap (only 8.50 pesos for a single trip) and were plentiful. We were also worried about the weather before our holiday as the forecast looked like thunderstorms and rain everyday, though high temps. However, we were not disappointed and was very fortunate with the weather as every day was sunny, hot and humid and only raining during the night and not at the time when we needed to be outside, or it would be a refreshing passing shower. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A+ all around! Rooms were absolutely gorgeous.. The facility was just beautiful.. Food was great and service was 5star. I highly recommend this hotel for your next trip to cancun. I have been to alot if very nice hotels and can't wait to go back there!

• Stayed January 2013
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Please understand that this is not a hotel. It is a timeshare resort. This resort is down past the main hub of the hotel zone. It is only 8 minutes to downtown via taxi. This resort is quiet and relaxing. If you are looking for a party all night long resort this is not it. If you are looking to relax, enjoy a great pool/beach and experience great service this is the place. The staff is top notch! and the entire resort is military clean. I travel every May with my 3 daughters and I never worry about anyone's safety. The security here is always vigilant. The bar service is excellent. It has gotten a little pricey but the drink quality is very good. The restaurant is it a little expensive for what it is, but it is not bad. I cannot say enough about the staff and the cleanliness off the facility. This a very kid friendly resort and it is great for couples.

Room Tip: If you are going to reserve a "B" unit, which is 2 bedroom 1 bath, spend the extra money f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Royal Cancun is my favorite hotel! I love everything about it. There is always something to do, between the beach, pools, sailing, tennis, and other activities like painting pottery. The beach is beautiful, and the calm water is great for snorkeling. The pools are both amazing, and I love the swim up bar. The grounds and gardens are lovely, and I love all the nice little touches like the turtle pond and bushes shaped like animals.

And I love the restaurant. The food is all delicious, and the waiters are very friendly. My husband and I especially love the breakfast buffet, and the themed dinners like lobster night and taco night. The prices are very reasonable too.

We plan to keep travelling to the Royal Cancun for many, many years!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in four different hotels while we were in Mexico ( The Westin in Cancun, The Royal Cancun in Cancun, Casa Ticul in Playa del Carmen and some wonderful hotel in Valladolid the name of which I don't remember) Three of them were absolutely amazing in regards to service and food, but the fourth one - the Royal Cancun I have something to say about. Me and my boyfriend stayed in a large ocean view 2 - bedroom room(#1533). First, Wi-fi didn't work, and that was a big deal for us, because we left our phones at home and e-mail was my primary type of communication with my photographer with whom I had an appointment with, so we had to go down to the front desk all the time. Second, when we went down for breakfast, we totally forgot if it was included for us. It just because we love to travel and change hotels once in a while, but we always try to choose good ones. So, if it was included we would just eat here and spend the rest of the day somewhere else, if it is not we will go somewhere else. I've asked the host if he can call and find out for us. Just by looking at his face we understood that he didn't want to be bothered that way, and just told us to come in and have some food. I thought that maybe he didn't understand me, since we speak different languages, and asked him again. Oh, god you should've seen his face at that moment. It is a big disappointment for me that I didn't look up his name, so that I could have mentioned it here. As soon as he called front desk, he told us that it was included, so I went straight to food, took a plate and started to put it on. And at that moment I heard a loud laugh behind my back. The receptionist and a server, Miguel were giggling about something and talking something in Spanish. That was the most humiliating moment in my life. I think they were laughing about us as I've told them that we won't eat here unless it is included, and then I changed my decision. My boyfriend didn't eat it, he said he didn't want to because he was sick, but I didn't believe him. I was eating my breakfast thinking about it all the time. We didn't come for breakfast next morning. We went to another very good Mexican restaurant. Miguel, none of the staff except you and the host in the restaurant was so impolite to us. You completely destroyed my first impression of this hotel.Go find another job if you don't like this one. By the way it was on August 21, 2013 at around 10 o'clock in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We first stayed at the Royal Cancun in 2001 and purchased a week at the Royal Sands when we were there because we fell in love with the area and the Royal Resorts. When we have gone to Cancun to stay at our Sands unit and wanted to book a 2nd week, I always try to book at the Royal Cancun because it's such a great resort. If you're looking for a party atmosphere, this isn't the place to be but if you like a nice quiet experience with great accommodations and service than you can't go wrong here. Like all of the Royal Resorts, the Royal Cancun is a great property with service you won't get at other resorts. Since we are owners we don't purchase the all-inclusive so I can't speak for that. The ocean is very calm and shallow at the beach and they have a nice children's pool which my granddaughters spent hours and hours playing in. The location is great as it's near downtown and also near the Hotel Zone malls and restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms are 2 bedroom units with a murphy bed in the living room and I have stayed in several and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you want a truly relaxing vacation with staff that are very accommodating, and of the Royal Resorts in Cancun is where you want to go. Very clean resort, well maintained and service is of the highest quality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort? Share your experiences!