My family and I returned yesterday from another visit to the Royal Cancun. As always, the service, beach, activities, food and overall experience was outstanding.
My family and I first stayed as guests in 1996 and 1997, and loved it so much we returned almost every year thereafter as a member (aka, a week 48 time share owner). Our visits are always accompanied by our "week 48" friends who also return each and every year because the place is so wonderful and amazing--in other words, for many of us, the Royal Cancun is our home away from home.
In my opinion, the Royal Cancun is a bona fide 5-star experience that must be experienced to truly appreciate. Customer service is outstanding, the well trained and low-turnover staff keeps the place shinny clean, the landscaping crew is is amazing and can be seen trimming grass with scissors. The on-the-beach thatched-roof palapas restaurant is my most favorite restaurant on planet earth. The dining experience is "over the top," the meals and service are outstanding, prices are not cheap but reasonable compared to US pricing--$25-$35 for a meal and 1-2 drinks and tip.
I highly recommend this resort. The low-rise villa architecture creates a sense of serenity and peacefulness that can't be duplicated in hi-rise hotels in the hotel zone. If you have been to hi-rise hotel in Cancun before, do not assume the Royal Cancun will be a repeat of you past visit to Cancun--chances are your visit to the Royal Cancun will urge you to return each year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun an All Suites Resort All Inclusive stands elegantly along a sheltered beach with kid-friendly surf and views of Isla Mujeres. Step back in time, into the relaxed atmosphere of Old Mexico and its revered family traditions. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Cancun is a 10-minute drive from the Hotel Zone's major shopping malls, nightclubs and golf courses, 10 minutes from Downtown Cancun and a 25-minute drive from Cancun airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Agoda, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun