This hotel is a part of the chain hotels. It is situated almost at the beginning of zona hotelera if you are coming from the center of Cancun.The lobby looks great, the hotel surroundings and the yard are very picturesque, there are 2 swimming pools which are great for kids,a nice restaurant, a tennis court. Everything is perfectly clean and is being taken a good care of. When we arrived due to the time difference with my country I was waking up very early and saw how hotel personnel were cutting the bushes, cleaning the pool area and the beach zone starting from 6-7 a.m. Everyone who works at the hotel are very friendly and attentive. Small presents from the concierge were very nice. Our concierge Terry invited us to take part in the evening ship trip. It was very funny!
I strongly recommend to use a free shuttle bus to go to other properties of the chain which are located at different spots in zona hotelera
The beach of the hotel is nice for sunbathing and beach games. The swimming is good only for kids,there's also quite a lot of sea grass in the water. So I'd recommend to go to another property of the chain for a swim.
The apartments can accommodate 7 people, the kitchen has everything to cook by yourself. There is a small grocery shop on the base of the hotel but still it is cheaper in Walmart though.
What I did not like about the hotel is that it is a timeshare and we found out about it while checking in. The front desk clerk told us that he will check us in but we will have to move the next day to another room. This is totally inconvenient for a family. This should be told beforehand while booking the property I think. Thankfully I managed to convince them to give us the room which we won't have to leave.All in all, this hotel is a nice place to stay for a holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun an All Suites Resort All Inclusive stands elegantly along a sheltered beach with kid-friendly surf and views of Isla Mujeres. Step back in time, into the relaxed atmosphere of Old Mexico and its revered family traditions. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Cancun is a 10-minute drive from the Hotel Zone's major shopping malls, nightclubs and golf courses, 10 minutes from Downtown Cancun and a 25-minute drive from Cancun airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun