“Another fabulous stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort

Save Saved
You added The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort to your Saves list
The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kukulcan Boulevard Km 4.5 Hotel Zone | Lotes C2 & C2A, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly The Royal Cancun)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Elk River, Minnesota
“Another fabulous stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The smallest of the Royals makes it a more private stay.Children are welcome,especially for this resort as it is the only Royal resort(original) with a calm beach because Isla Mujeras is right out in front(3 miles or so) blocking the waves.All the staff remembers you because it is smaller unlike the the larger ones.Some people complain about a "fishy" smell in the morning(early) and that is due to the seaweed coming on shore thru the night.But by 7am they are already cleaning it up and it turns pristine again.Food a little pricey still,but there is a Walmart or other places to go so you can cook in your villa.Anywhere in the resort is a short walk to the beach.It is not like a "hotel" atmosphere like the others as it is only a couple stories high.Beautiful gardens and pools abound.Its a slower pace than the others and thats why we like it.We have been owners for alot of years and its not a young single party atmosphere.So if your going there just to drink and whoop it up,DONT COME!

Room Tip: Go to "Lucky Lucianos" downtown for the best Italian food EVER!They renamed it Vivians but...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We own two weeks here and we are just finishing up. The site is always spotlessly clean, the staff is incredibly friendly and the activities and ammenities are great. I love Cancun and The Royal Resorts are in the middle of things - great restaurants and shopping are nearby. We had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Most rooms look at the Caribbean. Rooms are handicapped accessible but being near an elevator will b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have enjoyed this spot in Cancun for several years. If you wish a friendly beautiful resort with the very best staff who will treat you like the most important person in the world, this is the place. Located close to town where you can easily access many many wonderful and reasonable restaurants.Ferry to the island is close. Buses to anywhere are at the front door. Buses to the other Royal Resorts are free. Beautiful gardens, top notch service, and everything you need are at this wonderful resort.

Room Tip: Cook your own breakfasts, eat lunch on the beach and dinner in town. Great Spa at Royal Sands a free...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Black Diamond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We own a week in this charming, homey resort in Cancun, and look forward to our visit every year. The staff is filled with warm, friendly, helpful folks who typically go the extra mile to ensure our vacation is restful and safe. The grounds are kept imaculate and the numerous flowering plants are a feast for the eyes - including an English rose garden that was developed and planted by one of the original ladies on the housekeeping staff. Because the buildings are only three or four stories and cleverly arranged between and around the two heated pools, we never get the feeling of being in a huge, clamorous resort, but in a neighborhood of fellow travelers. And the security staff are courteous and discreet, while maintaining a vigilant watch on the beach and throughout the resort.
In between the vibrant city of resorts in the Hotel Zone and the charming downtown area of Cancun itself, we are always a few minutes from whatever sort of entertainment we desire - great restaurants, night clubs, awesome beaches, scuba diving, shopping - you name it! Royal Resorts also provides a complimentary shuttle to their other four resorts in the Hotel Zone so we can experience their restaurants, pools shops, beaches, etc., and our charges will all be included in our bill at the end of the week so we don't need to carry much cash with us.
The Thomas More travel agent in the resort also has a wide variety of tours and excursions, all well priced. And if you happen to get "stuck" with purchasing a trip through a less-than-reputable salesperson at the airport or in town, the folks at Thomas More Travel will get a refund on your behalf, which is a GREAT benefit for those who can't resist the hawkers at the airport!
Oh, my goodness, I could go on and on about how wonderful it is to stay here! Try it - you'll love it!

Room Tip: The C units are two bedroom with two baths, and are two story with the master suite upstairs with a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Providenciales, null, Turks and Caicos Islands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I along with our five year old son have just returned from a eleven night stay at the royal cancun. My wife did extensive research on various properties, checking out all the reviews on various websites. We opted for the royal cancun because we wanted a separate bedroom for my son, as well as a kitchen, along with a sea view. In short we wanted a relaxing, peaceful beach holiday with plenty of sun. Luckily we were obliged with great weather but not much else
The sand is very clean and white but that it is with regards to the beach. I could not believe how close the boat lane came to the beach. The island ferry, speed boats, jet skis all whizz by twenty meters from the beach at reckless speeds. I was devastated to find that we had flown half way across the world but could not do anything else other than have a paddle in the sea! Both pools are nice and clean and my son enjoyed playing in them, but they are not a patch on the royal sands. Every day we caught the bus to the royal sands just so we could go for a swim in the sea, which is not ideal when you have a small child.
My wife and I are not big drinkers or massive eaters either, which is why we did not choose an all inclusive resort. Once the staff at the restaurant and pool bar realize that you are not going to be their biggest spenders they drop you like a stone. I would not say that they are unhelpful but they do not make you feel appreciated that's for sure. They only staff that my wife and I found to be really helpful we're the staff running the kids activities ( they were the only people that did not expect me to tip them heavily). After a few days my wife and I decided that we spend our daytimes at the royal sands, where the staff and the whole set up was completely different! We are not difficult or demanding people but my wife and I are in the hospitality business and have run the food and beverage for a couple of five star resorts in the carribean. We know how difficult things can be with staff in this region of the world. We also know that everything comes from the top down. If the management don't smile or show some sincerity then the staff won't. The royal sands we felt was a completely different experience. The staff all smiled, we're helpful and never made me feel like they not interested in us if we did not want a round of drinks every ten minutes.
Even at our check out the reception did not ask us if we had a good time or wish us a safe trip home. Paying our bill was just like doing a shop at tescos. Whatever the cost was I wish we had booked at the royal sands instead.. Shocking as this may sound, but whatever I felt about the set up at the royal cancun , that was not upset me the most about our stay!
As I previously mentioned the boat lane was right on top of the beach , only at night, once we had put our son to sleep did we realize the significance of this. Moored up to a pontoon to the left of our balcony facing the sea were two pirate/ disco boats. Every night for eleven nights the boats departed their moorings about nine thirty at night. The music cranked up to the max, the loudest blaring high tempo noise you can imagine. The boats sail around the bay in front of the beach having a mock battle firing canons at each other as well as plenty of tequila I guess, as the noise gets louder and louder. This goes on for about two hours, even with all the windows closed sleep is out of the question. It reminded me of the scene in the blues brothers when Elwood takes jake back to his hotel so they can get some rest only to find that it backs onto the Chicago metro!
The villa number we stayed in was 1532 avoid at all costs!
I am sorry that my feedback has not been positive like many other reviews, but I felt I had to tell it like I found it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hemet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just returned from a week at The Royal Cancun. We've been going there for fourteen years in a row. As you first turn in the driveway, you are amazed at the gorgeous landscaping. Every plant is carefully cared for. The staff greets you with "Welcome Home" and they are so friendly. As we open the drapes in our villa, it takes our breath away. The colors of the Caribbean Sea makes you want to run right to the beach. We try many restaurants around town, but our favorite is right there at the La Palapa. You get spoiled eating by the water every day and the food is perfect. We danced there two nights when they brought in a small band. We love dancing to "La Bamba". Can't wait to return next year, we are counting the days already.

Room Tip: All the rooms have good views of the pool and the water.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

my boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 days in mid-October with some friends of our (another couple and a friend). the entire place is beautiful, but it really does feel like home. the colors, the landscaping, the layout, the pools- all breathtaking. the staff is all very helpful and very friendly. I don't think a single staff member passed me without smiling and saying hello. our maid was very thorough, and kind. the room my boyfriend and I had contained two full beds, and we had pushed them together. our maid, the first time she was there, re-did the sheets and blankets on the bed as if it were one bed, which was very sweet of her and helped keep the halves together.
the entire place is immaculately clean, also. my boyfriend and I only had breakfast at the restaurant once, and the food was good. our friends had lunch there one day and enjoyed it, and I can vouch that all the food being prepared there smelled delicious. the only (very, very minor) complaints that I had were that the wifi signal was very weak inside our room, and the shallow beach. (the beach was completely made up for by the pools, though.) I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to The Royal Cancun, All Inclusive, All Suites Resort? Share your experiences!