“Everything was Horrible!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Cancun

You added Oasis Cancun to your Saves list
Oasis Cancun
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan, Km 16.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Be Live Cancun)   |
Special Offer
HOT Summer Travel Rates!
Ranked #117 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Olney, Maryland
“Everything was Horrible!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everything about this hotel was/is horrible. First we waited 45min in line to check in and everyone at the front desk was rude. Second the door to our room was open and there were no towels or washcloths in the room. The toilet was leaking the entire time we were there and the water in the shower fluctuated from burning hot to cold the entire time you showered. It took 2 trips to the front desk and 3 phone calls to get towels. Besides the room the place was basically a big college party which may sound good to some people but the hard core rap music was sooo loud even the biggest party animal had to hate it when they were experiencing their inevitable hangover. It was furthermore impossible to swim up to the bars without getting harassed by multiple guys. All of the food was possibly the worst I've ever attempted to eat and we sent back everything we ordered at two of the restaurants. They also advertised 11 restaurants and 9 bars when actually there were only 4 restaurants and 4 bars the Oasis guests could go to, the other restaurants were for the Grand Oasis guests only! All of the hotel staff was rude and difficult to communicate with even though I know basic Spanish. Overall I am certain you will regret it if you stay at this hotel and if you already have booked a room here I highly recommend you upgrade to the Grand Oasis next door which is only an extra $65/night, well worth the upgrade!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Grand Oasis
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Polish first
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the start of spring break 2013 and for us it was ideal. As two backpacking kiwi chicks, we wanted to experience a fun all inclusive hotel, which was also within our budget. Oasis Cancun definitely provide this. Now i wont say that all the dining restaurants are 5 star and your drinks arent super strong, but it does the trick when you are a young and single person, just after fun times. Our room was perfect, bed comfy, air con workable, cleaned daily, towels provided all the time, big bathroom, we were also lucky to be provided a room away from the pool which blocked alot of the spring break noise.

If you have the money, pay to stay at the Grand, you get to go to the "Fancy" restaurants on the property.

If you are after a cheap holiday in Cancun with an all inclusive deal, Oasis Cancun is the place.

Room Tip: Away from the poolside
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food wasn't bad for the price, it is located not too far from downtown clubs. Big negative was resort shutting down things at mid night, forcing people to either go into town beforehand or bring alcohol with them to resort if you don't feel like shutting down at midnight. My friend and I are 29 and 23 so this resort was exactly what we were looking for. Beach was nice and pool bar is always fun. Most of the negative reviews are coming from older people or couples guaranteed, if the wait to get into your room is the worst part of the trip you shouldn't be complaining at all.

Pelham, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and three kids ages 24,21,17 my wife and were given a very nice room on the 5th floor beach front the kid room was on the 4th floor right below us there room was a little rundown maint.was replacing the door lock when checked in and left a mess and a bad chemical smell in the room after a hour+ with the desk they sent the cleaning staff to clean the room. It did clear up a bit but was livable
This resort is very large and has five buildings part of the resort is the grand oasis you can use the pool there but not the resturants or bars unless you pay a $28usd per person per day upgrade fee not worth it. The beskfast buffet was very good fresh omlets and plenty of everything else to fill you up for a good days start. The buffet is open at night fof dinner we ate there once for dinner the food was good we twice in resturant next to the buffet the food was very good I was not impressed with dos lunes and there mexican resturant that you had to make reservions for we only ate there once eachthe food was poor quality if you want a steak or food that is better quality you have to pay extra a steak was $35usd and a bottle of cheap wine was $20usd beware when ordering stay on the left side of the menu.t The wait staff were great and hard to to please people it just seems some people can just never be happy no matter what. I had no problems with anything going missing from my room the maids did a great job of cleaning everyday. The pool here is hugh and very well maintained and the beach to die for we always found chairs after a few min.people leave i wish people just pickup thier trash the resort does clean the beach at night there are trash barrels on the beach for plastic cups
cig.butts we had no problem getting drinks although they are on the weak side if you ask nice and tip a dollar or two once in awhile they will gladly top off your drink for you they do keep a couple botttles of better xtuff under the counter all you have to is ask. Please just remember to tip a dollar or every now an again these people work hard and might just get a littlt service a little respect gos a long way aswell dont sweat the little stuff you in cancun have fun.

Room Tip: Beach front and higher floors away from pool and lobby
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Riverview, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

wasnt impressed at all, next time i will stick to a classier place to vacation.. but for the cheap rates i guess it was expected. great location though, next to everything!!! Senor frogs was recommended to us and we really enjoyed it there. the other people we met at the resort made up for any bad experiences we had.

Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I will start by saying that I love Cancun, beaches are amazing, it's safe and I hate all the exaggerated safety concerns that my fellow Canadians so eagerly discuss. My wife and I always go into the city and have done road trips all around northern Mexico too. This is about the hotel. The food was ok, can't complain, I liked it. But it was not much better than the less expensive three start where we stayed last time. The environment was not what I wanted being with my wife and five year old. It was full of <21 yr old kids drinking, being loud, having sex in the pool in the middle of the day (yes, middle of the day, 5pm, with another hundred people in the pool watching, and it was not just one or two couples, at least 5 couples), yelling and screaming at 2am, 3a, 5am, 6am and waking us up. The location of the hotel was aweful, far away from everything. Additionally, service was very inferior to the service I received last time at the Dos Playas where I was treated like a human being. I am not much of a complainer, HOWEVER, my wife and I saw TWO RATS coming out of the restaurant, unfortunately at the end of our vacation. Everything else seemed clean enough. So I will conclude by saying that Cancun is awesome, Oasis Cancun, not so much.

Room Tip: If you can, stay in the other Oasis far away from the main entrance, or splurge and go to the Riu. T...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. Not only was my cell phone taken while I was at this hotel, it was taken on our first day from our locked hotel room when we had the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on our door(they came in more than once when this sign was on the door). If you go here, lock all valuables in your safe and I would highly recommend having locks on your bags because other travelers that we were with had items stolen right out of their suitcases.
They DO NOT provide you with any drinking water at this hotel - I woke up in the middle of the night after partying and needed water so I went to the front desk and asked for some and they actually said no. We bought all water we drank at the Oxxo - This should never happen at an all inclusive, am I right? Water is a basic need..
YOUNG CROWD!!!! When I say young...I don't even mean 20's, I myself am 24 and I felt so old because the average age at this hotel was probably 18 or 19. Granted I think we were there during the various spring break crews, but this hotel seems like the only one around that welcomes younger people to stay there. If this is the case, this hotel needs to advertise that better because I thought our group would've had a lot of fun at this hotel because of our ages and the night life, but instead we found ourselves grabbing drinks from the bar and hanging out in our room playing cards, smoking cigars, and partying amongst ourselves.
DO NOT GO ON THE BEACH OR IN THE WATER AT NIGHT! The security guards watched us as we wandered down onto the beach and drank our drinks and put our feet in the water after one of the clubs closed. Me and another girl had been dancing on stage at Coyote's and had liquor squirted all over us, so we went in far enough to get that off plus, we just arrived in Mexico that night and were excited to see the ocean. After wandering in and out of the water one of the security guards - who had been watching us for over half hour - came down and threatened to kick me out of the hotel and then told me I had to go with him alone...he dragged me down to the front desk and made me write out what I had done. I get that we had been drinking and that playing in the ocean was probably not the best idea, but we weren't informed we weren't allowed to and it isn't like we were swimming, we were, for the most, part ankle deep.
DO NOT TRUST SECURITY - my experience was not that bad with them but we met another group of people where one of the guys was robbed by security. He said that the security guy followed him uncomfortably close, so he asked him what he was doing when the guy threatened him and took all the money he had and his iPhone.
When we checked in, our room smelled like pee and then they did not change our sheets the whole week that we were there. When they came in the room (sign on the door or not) they gave us lots of towels and made the beds but that was about it. Keeping the room temperature low helped the room not smell horrible but our pillows smelled like dirty feet after a few days which is just plain gross. Mexico is a muggy, humid country and instead of keeping the bedding clean so that things do not smell, it appeared that they just changed out the entire bed with the amount of beds we saw get changed out during our stay - they were constantly moving up and down the halls with new ones.
If you want a proper daiquiri go across the street to the BLUE GECKO. At the Oasis they give you what tastes like strawberry slush juice with rum (your tongue will be very red) and at the Blue Gecko they blended up strawberries or mangoes or whatever flavor you want, they were awesome! Loved the Blue Gecko and highly recommend it - I ate the most amazing shrimp taco here! At the hotel we asked where in the hotel or outside of the hotel we could get authentic Mexican food like tacos, burritos and fajitas...other than their Mexican a la carte - which they never even recommended when we asked - they all said they did not know and it was impossible to find Mexican food, however, if you want pizza you could have it because there would surely be a Dominos guy around the corner with a bag full of pizza! Pizza was everywhere!!! Our last day waiting for our flight was when we tried the Blue Gecko and it was right across the street the whole time with amazing tacos, awesome drinks, and even a little bit of Canada because we watched a Winnipeg game during lunch.
This was my first stay in Mexico and I would absolutely love to go back, however, I will never return to Oasis Cancun or any other Oasis locations based on this experience.

Room Tip: Beach side rooms are much louder during the day - one person in our group got sick and was also unab...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Oasis Cancun? Share your experiences!