“A hotel who must think I am stupid - 2 star at best...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Cancun

You added Oasis Cancun to your Saves list
Oasis Cancun
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan, Km 16.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Be Live Cancun)   |
Special Offer
Winter Sale: Over 50% Off
Ranked #110 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Kitchener, Canada
“A hotel who must think I am stupid - 2 star at best...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at, crappy food and smelly room. At check in they are trying to up sell all the time, internet, safe - yes safe! A so say 5star hotel that charges for a safe... but any check in guy who will not look me in the eye arouses my suspicions!

I managed to get a reasonable rate, $115 USD per night as I was on my own meeting friends in the hotel, but this hotel tried to charge me in Mexican Pesos. If you exchange money in the hotel they will give you 10.15 peso to the dollar, but when they convert at checking they charge 13 to the dollar, yes a 30% difference. I stood my ground and I paid in USD but they didn't like it, how many people are getting ripped off like this in this smelly, dirty hotel.

The food was truly the worst I have ever had, it was cold and very poor quality. You are also restricted where you can eat.

I should have checked into the Grand Oasis next door, only 15% more but I hear it is a much better hotel.

I checked out after 1 night... yes it was that bad.

If you are 18-21 probably a great hotel.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any good rooms that don't smell or are not dated in this hotel, this is not a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just got home yesterday from spending 10 days at the Grand Oasis as a part of a 1000 delegate convention. Normally I don't get too worked up over nitpicking over all-inclusives and I'm a pretty easy guy to please when I have a beach and the Carribean, but this hotel is a 3 dressed up as a 9, with a lousy attitude from top to bottom on top.

Had my ocean front confirmation with me when hey gave me a room at the back of the property that you could see the ocean which was slightly larger than a shoebox with 2 beds, a ledge, and a fridge on the floor. No furniture, no table, just a white room with 2 lights sticking out of the wall near the headboard. Worst room I've ever seen at a mexican resort in many years and many destinations. Changed to a room I expected after an hour long process and while it was not much better, it was at least what I had paid for.

The grounds are nice and the resort is quite large with the young, dumb, full of c*m types inhabiting the north end of the property with the rest on the south, which is cool, as you know where you need to be depending on your tastes. However, the party pool tended to reak with beer, urine, and stale cigarettes by mid day and I never bothered even being near it. The beach was he much better choice and the water was amazing.

The rest of the hotel was such a let down as the overal service, or lack thereof, simply reaked of the attitude of , "We're not happy until you're not happy", and I suspected that maybe Air Canada might own a chunk of this hotel chain as the attitudes are very similar, lol.

Food was ok, not great, just ok. The best of the lot was the Brazillian steakhouse but be prepared to wait a long time no matter how slow it is. Our group of 12 one night had to wait 45-60 min to be served approx 12-16oz of meat cuts. The impression we got was if they waited us out, we'd just leave and they'd save some dough. Same goes for the bars including the VIP bar which all our delegates had access too. One day you would see a premium brand yet they would never replace it, etc.

The room service was a struggle to get through to, if you could at all for a late night snack and you got attitude many times for calling late eventhough it's 24 hr 'service'. Usually you got the towels you needed, usually, not always.

There was absolutely nothing bout the resort that would ever make me want to come back if I didn't have to be there as part of a convention like this time. There are far better choices out there.

Room Tip: Pyramid room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had the time of my life. I came here for my birthday in May with four of my friends. This resort is like a college gone on vacation. You can hear the chanting and cheering from outside of your window wherever you are. As early as 11 a.m you can hear the MC livening up the scene. THIS IS NOT A FAMILY RESORT! I do not encourage people to come with their children. This is a place one goes to drink and party. I stayed at the Oasis, but I wish I would have booked my package for The Grand Oasis because we were excluded from many dinning options. The food sucks for the oasis and you have to pay 20+ to eat at the other restaurants. The location is just beautiful. It is about a 12 dollar cab ride from the hotel to the strip. Some cabs will try to scam you for 20 dollars so beware. The buses are extremely sketchy but so very cheap. I went jet skiing and had to drive through a crocodile infested lagoon before arriving to the ocean, pretty scary but so much fun!! I lost my voice by the time I got back to NY, that's how much fun I had. But I strongly recommend this for young adults or any one just trying to have A LOT of fun.

P.S carry singles for the bartenders if you expect for them to give you any attention. I'm a girl, but i certainly felt bad for the guys. Also visit Bull Dogs, it's the best club on the strip. The City and Mandala are decent. And take a boat to la isla de las mujeres. Very very beautiful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel appears to be the place to be for mid-twenty year olds looking for a cheap place to party. It was the most happening place on the strip. Beautiful beach and the pool was pretty good. Best disco I've ever seen at a resort (although a little monotonous after 5 days).

The hotel is run-down and most of the negative trip advisor comments are accurate. The room was musty, but relatively clean. Noisy because of the partying, but not out of control, depends where they put you. The food was okay, but not great and never changed - very limited selections (the Italian restaurant pasta was good but the rest so-so - do not drink the gasoline they refer to as wine). The worst drinks - the tequila was horid and all the drinks too sweet.
But let's put it into perspective: for under $1000, a bunch of guys there to drink beer, hang on the beach and check out the scenery - you get what you pay for.

It was not as horrible as some of the reviews indicate but I would certainly not take my wife and kids there.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms above the main reception area. Once you are across the other side of the e...
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

ok where to start. Spent my 30th bday here. Stayed a week from nov 26th til today dec 3rd. Overall this place was ok. This was my second time in Cancun and i def think the last place i stayed was better. This place isnt bad but it wasnt great to me either. dont be fooled by the pic of the jungle vines as that is in the Grand oasis and cost much more to upgrade. Food was cool the room was the best. My first two days were spent in a regular front view room but on my 3rd day i decided to spend the extra 20bucks a night and upgrade to a ocean view. It was well worth it as the view was unbeatable and breathtaking. Staff was ok at best. As somebody else mentioned we found a roach in our room as well but it was on the day we left and we had our doors open the entire week day and night. didnt see any more on our previous days. The sound of the ocean waves were complete bliss. Drinks sucked i couldnt even catch a buzz only stomach aches. the mexican tacos and burgers by the pool were by far the best food at the entire resort. then again we didnt have a black wristband to get in everywhere. I dont know what all the fuss is about in previous reviews about the music or partying. Its Cancun ! and it wasnt all that bad trust me. there were families young people old people all kinds. Its a huge resort. Grounds were beautiful too. The music was not inappropiate it was mostly techno or reggaeton. the entertainment was fun if you ask me. The beach was the best part. i didnt really spend much time at the pool. we never had any problems with anything being stolen and we didnt use a safe. we kept a do not disturb sign up and only let maids in our room when we were there. we pretty much cleand our own messes which we didnt mind. i dont like people touching my stuff if im not around lol. well if i missed anything feel free to inbox me with any questions :)

Room Tip: pay for a ocean view its worth it!
Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed in many places over the world and this has to be the worst. It took reception 1 hour to book us in and simply the staff seemed incompetent from the word go.After checking in we went for something to eat,the food was so bad i ended up with food poisoning for 5 days. The charge to see doctor in hotel including tablets was $250,The 1 club in the Hotel, Kinky Nightclub was awful just 2 girls doing some cabaret and the bar had no atmosphere. I would honestly say for $60 a night it aint worth it ,You would be better staying in a nice hotel and eating out in some of the market stalls in town which had beautiful food and cost very little.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was not a good stay. The entertainment team was the best feature of the resort. The only problem is it was basically the same everyday. The food was always cold even when they brought out new stuff and nothing ever changed. It was like repeating one day over and over and over.

This resort had VIP wrist bands that allowed you to get into VIP restaurants and bars which was a joke because #1 you have to pay about $25 a day for the band and you had the same services but they were simply closer to you.

There was absolutely no pool service to offer beverages and only half of the bars and restaurants were open because it was off season which lead you to having to take 10 minutes just to go and get a drink. The resort was just not convenient at all. One bar had certain types of alcohol and the other had others leaving you wondering where to go. None of them offered milk/cream for drinks so if you were looking for a Brown Cow, Paralyzer, White Storm etc don't bother asking cause they don't have the right stuff.

I wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend it to others as it wasn't a pleasant vacation. We actually thought of coming home after the first week but it wasn't a possibility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oasis Cancun? Share your experiences!