“Quiet, relaxing and excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Laguna Suites Golf & Spa
Paseo Pok Ta Pok Lote 3, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #46 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Quiet, relaxing and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were quite pleased by the hospitality and excellent service of the staff. Omar and Timoteo were always there to serve you with no wait. I must say the Armondo ( Emanuel as I called him) was the best. He always had a smile and willing to talk with you about anything. Juan our waiter was always accommodating. I was impressed by hotel and the cleanliness. The housekeeping staff always did a beautiful job on cleaning the room. All the wait staff were willing to get you what you needed or wanted. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a place off the beaten path and quiet. I feel you can't go wrong here. The staff made our vacation what it was.
Mike , lil Mike and Colleen

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Laguna Suites Golf & Spa, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for giving us such a great rating. We are glad that you had a great time and that we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your kind compliments which will certainly be shared with our exceptional team.

Please come back when your travels bring you to Cancun again.

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a good stay the only problem is too much mosquitoes my daughter got so much bites and my wife too she even got an allergy of this mosquito bites. I really enjoy my stay . and i want to say thank you to the following who had serve us well - Timoteo Martinez, Armando on the bar and Edwin Juan Bolio at the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Laguna Suites Golf & Spa, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Since we are in the rainy season and being located in tropical Cancun, we are likely to have some mosquitos, but we would like you to know that a strict program of fumigation is followed, since guests´comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us.

We hope to see you back on your next visit to Cancun.
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

First impressions weren't great, rooms were basic not really what we expected, living area was poor, no kettle just some sort of coffee maker (try making a cup of tea with that!) no tea/coffee/sugar, a fridge and microwave but no cutlery, crockery. Bedroom and Bathroom were lovely and had all we needed, although we were in 115 and the generator located behind our room was very noisy at times. First night we were eaten alive my mosquitos and ended up having dinner in our room, however it was their rainy season and hotel is located right by lake and golf course. Food choice was limited to a choice of 3 items for evening meal which was changed daily. The lunch time menu had a few more choices but stayed the same the week we were there, however we soon learnt that, 'if you don't ask you don't get' and we did, lots of times. The staff were very helpful and always tried to accommodate all our requests, sometimes even when we asked for things not on the menu they would bend over backwards to do their best. There is a free shuttle that runs every hour which is needed as you are quite a way out but you can use all facilities in the sister hotels or even eat in them. Like I said we were a little disappointed at first but then the quiet peacefulness of Laguna suite was much appreciated after a busy day out. It is a very small place but we met some lovely people and made some great friends. Not forgetting the lovely Fabiola who did a great job cleaning our room, our daughter would rush in to see what pattern the bed throw would be in each day, Fabiola and Mail made us a very cute towelling animal to take home. Thank you. If your after a wild drunken holiday, don't stay here (bar closes at 10.30) if you want to relax in lovely surrounding, this is perfect. Bring mosquito repellent :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
The helpful feedback you have taken the time to provide is greatly appreciated.

We are delighted that you found Laguna Suites and sister properties highly enjoyable. We can assure you that we take every comment seriously and your points are benefitial suggestions to improve the service quality to our valued guests like you.

We will be happy to welcome you back next time you visit Cancun.
Crawley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

So disappointing the pictures in the brochure looked good.
They are so basic but the bed was comfy.
The first night as there was so many Mosquitos we had to eat in our very minimal room.
Food tasted nice but served on plastic plates that were stained.
Some basic kitchen appliances there but no plates or cutlery.
When you did eat in the restaurant you got bitten a live from bugs and birds poohed on the tables and also pinched food from the fresh food counter, very hygienic I think not.
The swimming pool was nice and as for the Spa, rather a grand title good treatment but 2hours was only 1hour 45 minutes.
The bus to other hotels was good when quite but otherwise packed in like sardines and driver was not very safe.

Room Tip: Don"t stay there
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

We would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered and for not meeting your expectations. It is through guest feedback such as yours that we can work towards bettering our guest experience. We can assure you that appropriate actions have been taken.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future to restore your faith in us.
MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

FRONT DESK : Ricardo front Desk was the biggest culo what ever question you have he will always
say I don't know or sorry I can't, so forget about it..
SERVICES : Waiter and Maid service not bad, restaurant very prices 40 dollar breakfast this is
not a 5 star place, not even in Hawaii i was there last year...
LOCATION : worst location 15 to 20 minutes wall to the main street to the take a bus to downtown or
hotel zone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate all forms of guest feedback to be able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

We regret for not beeing able to meet your expectations and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and restore your confidence in us.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hello this is a nice quiet property with clean, spacious rooms with an restaurant dead smack in the center. The food menu was lacking but the quality was not. Staff was amazing.... Juan Carlos was like my brother from another mother, Enrique was extremely polite,professional & took care of us till the final bell of them closing for the night. This location is not a large mega hotel with a beach connected, 100 rooms, 4 restaurants, gift shops and anything else you may think of in a large mega chain location. It is a quiet, clean envoirenment with a beautiful spa full of employees they go above and beyond to make your trip the best. There is a free shuttle that takes you to the 3 other hotel on the hr every hr where you have all the various ammenties PLUS the crowds and none personal service.

Room Tip: Guest from Room #107...... If possible I would suggest staying on lower level
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Laguna Suites Golf & Spa, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you had an overall good experience at Laguna Suites; we will be happy to share your kind compliments with our Team, especially Juan Carlos and Enrique.

We hope to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was the most aggravating and disappointing vacation I have ever taken. The concierge, Jorge, told me on the first day he would be available to book dinner reservations or excursions for us from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. One morning I waited from 7 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. and he never showed up. Since our cell service did not work in Cancun, we could not make dinner reservations on our own and had to eat the buffet service offered at the resorts. The food on the buffets was bland and less that par. He also said we could walk in if we did not have reservations and they would seat us if tables were available. That was not true at all. The restaurants only prepare enough food based on reservations for that evening. They would not accept walk-ins. We had to eat that tasteless buffet food the majority of our time there.

I also verbally fought with management for 2 days with regard to our excursion to Isla Muerjes. It was quite ironic that once we decided not to purchase the private residence club time share, our complimentary excursion tickets were nowhere to be found in their computer system. I lost many hours on the beach with my family because I was on the phone with management trying to prove my case!

We could not eat outside at the Lagoona Suites restaurant because the mosquitoes were biting us to death. All eight in my party ended up eating at our small little dining table in our room and Juan was less than happy to serve us there.

Our room had a refrigerator that did not work well. It never got cold. We had to ask each morning for bottled water to drink and to use for coffee in our room. The lock on our door was not secure. Anyone could have easily broken in. There were little fleas crawling around everywhere, especially on the sink in the bathroom. The pool water was not refreshing at all. The water temp had to be 85 degrees or more. I was told the rooms had free wifi. The only wifi that worked was at the front desk lounge, which had no air conditioning. It was very uncomfortable to work there in the hot weather.

The shuttle you have to use to get anywhere is the worst transportation I have ever been on. They jam as many people as possible onto this shuttle bus that has little to no air conditioning. I was told I could easily walk to the beach in 5-10 minutes if I did not want to take the shuttle. What a lie!

The 90 minute time share presentation was misleading because the salesman started his pressure sales at breakfast. It turned into a 5 hour presentation! I was mentally exhausted and so sick of the pressure sales by Chad that I would not consider buying in Cancun even if for free!

Manny Ruiz sold me nothing but empty lies to get me to Cancun to buy a private residence club. I might be a fool once, but not twice. I learned if it sounds too good to be true, it is! I will plan and book my own vacations from now on. I suggest you all do the same!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Laguna Suites Golf & Spa, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. At Laguna Suites we feel that all guests are entitled to a pleasant time. We seek to offer every visitor excellent service and unparalleled resort amenities in an atmosphere that is truly enjoyable.

We regret that this was not your experience. Please know that we take your comments very seriously. We will utilize them to evaluate our performance and take all the necessary corrective actions.

We apologize for not being able to meet your expectations and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and restore your confidence in us.

Been to Laguna Suites Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!