“Professional, punctual and a high level of security” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 263 Activities in Cancun
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Hola travelers! Welcome to my Deep Life. Deep Life is a small family business who loves the sea , the enviroment and they life . We love Scuba Diving for several years, we care about the satisfaction of our customers. We are located for convenience in the city of Cancun, but we have dive operation at Cozumel where the best reefs are,love to dive there, also offer Dives at Cancun reef area, full of big groups of fish , dives at MUSA (Underwater Musuem and reefs at Isla Mujeres , love to do Cavern and Cave dive trips to Cenotes spectacular, like fly !. We handle small groups , personalized service, and full of good surprises. I'm sure you will enjoy the most of your diving day , we care because we like that. Have transportation for all our services, and a great variety of epic water activities. Swim with whale sharks glorious ,Bull shark encounters adrenaline at most , drift dives , night dives, wreck diving, Nitrox dive & Course, teach Padi certifications at all levels and for those who have never dived before , a program, so they can discover the wonders of diving for the first time in one morning activity . We took you to incredible places. We are sure that you leave us as new friends. Our taste is to show you the wonders of underwater Quintana Roo. Join us Best regards, Eduardo Deep Life Group.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Professional, punctual and a high level of security”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Deep Life Diving impressed me with their professional approach to diving, and the punctuality of their serives. My main aim was to complete the cave course in the Cenotes, and thus I was most concerned about the ability and mentality of the cave instructor at Deep Life. Daniel proved to be an excellent instructor because he follows the cave rules diligently, is an exceptionally capable diver and is very friendly and patient. He generates an excellent environment for cave instruction. The dives at Cozumel were significantly enhanced by the presence of "Charro", the skipper, who has been diving in Cozumel for 35 years or more, and thus knows each dive site in great detail (which is useful because there are so many swim-throughs). I highly recommend Deep Life, and I will not hesitate to return and dive with them again.

San Francisco
6 attraction reviews
“Puerto Morelos Wreck Dive - Average dive but Equipment and Boat were Extremely Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Booked with Deep Life Divers two days before our scheduled excursion date. Eduardo was very responsive and gave us a lot of information about the dives and what they would entail. Despite being a little higher priced than some competing companies, we went with Deep Life due to the positive reviews on trip advisor.

Upon booking the excursions, there was some confusion (perhaps due to language barriers or otherwise) around pricing. We were sent several invoices that were in excess of price quoted (either due to inaccuracies in headcount or for the PayPal fee). Eduardo was very quick to respond and fix the invoices to the quoted amount. To Eduardo's credit, everything that he set up happened on time, but some quality was lacking.

The boat for the excursion was TERRIBLE and probably outright unsafe. It was a step above a dinghy (maybe 16' x 4' wide), with a small outboard motor. It had trash and old ropes in the front of the boat. There were some swells on the ride out to the wreck which the boat seemed too small to handle and the boat took on some water, but a minimal amount. However, this was not a dive boat (no tank racks, dive flag, or permanent ladder. They had a apparently handcrafted wooden ladder that could be set on the edge of the boat to board from the water, which given the swells we were encountering, was too small. There was no place to set up equipment due to lack of tank racks, so we set up on the floor of the boat with our equipment rolling around as swells hit the boat. The actual passenger area of the boat was no more than 6' long, so setting up equipment for 4 divers was VERY challenging. Upon giving the feedback about the condition of the boat to Eduardo, he replied that it was a rental boat and he would complain to the rental company about the boat.

We used all of our own dive equipment, except for tanks and weights. We were shuttled directly to the port and never saw a dive shop. I cannot confirm that a dive shop does not exist with Deep Life, but it did not appear that there was one. Upon setting up our gear, an air leak was noted in one of the tanks. Immediately, our equipment was blamed for the malfunction, but our equipment worked on all tanks but one and was inspected by a dive shop two weeks prior. When we suggested it could be a bad O Ring, it was dismissed but after trying a second reg on the tank and having a leak, we suggested replacing the O ring. The SCUBA tanks were in poor shape and when we asked about the tanks, they were also said to be rentals. The DM did not have any spare O rings, so we had some spares in our equipment and used those.

Our guide Guillermo was pleasant and appeared to have good knowledge of the dive sites. He took us through and maintained a safe dive experience for us. Our group is AOW, with approx 50 dives each, but we prefer to go with a guide in new areas to us. The wreck was a great site at about 85ft with many swim throughs and reef life to see.

Overall, this appeared to be more of a excursion broker than a true dive operation. While the dives and Eduardo and Guillermo were pleasant, the equipment was very poor. I would recommend asking about whether the excursions that you are booking are being subcontracted out and get information on the operation that is running the actual excursion prior to finalizing your booking.

Wilmington, Delaware, Usa
“Great Team and Excellent Diving Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I found Deep Life through Trip Advisor and started communicating with Eduardo a couple of months before our planned trip in March (staying in a timeshare in Cancun). Our itinerary was complicated because we had four divers with different skill/certification levels and we wanted to take advantage of all the wonderful diving opportunities in Cancun and Cozumel. Eduardo was very responsive on e-mail and came up with a great personalized plan that allowed us to take advantage of our different skill levels while still spending some time diving together. The diving was really excellent and Eduardo’s team (different teams each day) did a great job of taking care of us and also enjoying life! They really love their work. The boats, equipment, logistics, etc. were all excellent and as planned – we always knew what was going on including good judgment and communication when we had to reschedule our trip to Cozumel due to bad weather. We dived three days, two dives each day and always had small groups which is very important to me. We dived Cancun (Isla Mujeres) the first day to get acclimated; the Cenotes the second day which was “totally awesome” unique experience to paraphrase my son; and finally two drift dives off Cozumel which reinforced in my mind why Cozumel is one of the best diving locations in the world – especially when you are with a small dive team that love the island. I would definitely dive Cozumel with Eduardo’s team again – he is well organized, totally reliable and enjoys people and his job. My son (rescue diver) and I (advanced open water) have dived all over the world and Eduardo is among the best dive operators. We were due a small refund at the end due to a change in plan with one of our party not diving the last day, and Eduardo had already processed that back through PayPal by the time I got home. Highly recommended!

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excellent Experience- Experiencia Excelente”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Before sining in with Deep Life, I´ve made some reserch and send some mails to different diving companies. The prices where almos all the same, but what I like about Eduardo and his crew was the personalized treatment that they have form the fist contact. He kindly explaind me via mail all the details before makin my desition. I´ve made the payment throug paypal and 2 days later, with the instructions and maps he gave me, I was ready to come on board the "Estrella de Mar", a nice old fashon ship. Deep Life diving is not of check in, dive, check out. It´s much more relaxing, enjoying getting to the dive spot, having nice convesation, a nive realx time between dive and dive... something that at least I would expect from a holiday dive! The Dive was icredible. We dive in a group of 3 (deep life divemaster, another diver and myself) and have the chance to enjoy the wonder of Cozumel corals (listed one of the best world places to dive). Our divemaster had excellent skills in finding and detecting wonderfull creatures such as turtles, barracudas, etc.

I got back to my hotel really Happy!!!!

Thanks a lot guys!!!
Pablo

“Palancar Caves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I went diving on April 24, 2013 with Manuel, Raul and the gang on the Starfish at the Planacar Caves and the San Francisco Reef. We opted for the for the full package that included equipment rental and transportation.

Eduardo arranged everything with me via email and just like all the other reviews his communication is top notch. No details were left out and everything ran like clockwork from the prompt pickup at our Cancun hotel to arranging the Cozumel ferry and pickup on the other side. I can imagine the hassle it would be to make our own travel arrangements so the extra cost was well worth it in my opinion.

Manual, Raul and everyone else on the Starfish were fantastic. They made the whole experience fun and relaxing. But don't let their laid-back personas fool you, they were very professional and attentive when it came to diving. There were five divers altogether, the two inexperienced/rusty divers went with Manuel for a quick skills lesson/refresher and the other three of us went with Raul. Raul gave us a tour of the amazing Palancar Caves and Manuel's group toured the Palancar Gardens and like clockwork we all met up together at the end of the dive and the boat appeared overhead to pick us up. Then it was lunch on board while we slowly motored to our second site, the San Francisco Reef. This time we all went together with Manuel. It was a gentle drift dive over amazing reefs and sand bars teeming with life including a Hawksbill turtle, a Spotted Moray, and a Black Grouper. Again at the end of the dive the boat appeared overhead. Visibility on both dives must have been at least 100'.

When it was all over Raul and Manuel drove us back to the ferry, bought our tickets and bid us a fond farewell. On the other side the driver was already waiting for us and it was a relaxing drive back to the hotel. Eduardo even called us from the driver's cell phone to make sure everything went smoothly.

First class operation. Great people. I highly recommend.

Visited April 2013