“Absolutely tour with Jerry” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 220 Tours & Activities in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine arriving in an unfamiliar country and having a “friend”your personal local contact to meet you and show you the best way to spend your time. Expert guided services to Yucatán, Riviera Maya, Cancun & the entire Mayan region; Calakmul – Uxmal – Edzna – Chichen Itza – Tulum – Coba – Ek Balam – Chicanna – Chacchoben – Muyil – Kabah – Becan – Sayil – Kohunlich – Labna – Izamal – Tihosuco – Campeche – Valladolid - Merida - Caves of Loltun – Sian Kaan – Celestun - Ria Lagartos - The Cave of the Hanging Snakes - underworld of cenotes – Bacalar.
Boulder, Colorado
“Absolutely tour with Jerry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Jerry was the perfect tour guide for our extended family of 14. We booked a tour of Chichen Itza, followed by lunch and swim at the nearby Ik Kil cenote (don't skip this!) and Vallodolid. Thanks to Jerry, it seemed like we were always one step ahead of the crowds. When Jerry recommended that he pick us up at our Cancun hotel by 7 AM, we were not very excited. After all, we had just flown in the night before. However, as we were leaving we saw the 45 minute line of cars to get into Chichen Itza parking lot, and we knew that Jerry was right. The bus ride to/from Chichen Itza was fine, as Jerry got us a large air conditioned bus (20 person) so that we would be comfortable. Entertaining, informative, great with kids--Jerry was a joy to spend the day with.

Arlington, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“Unbelievable Tour!!! Jerry knows his stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Arranging the trip via email was easy. I made a deposit via paypal and Jerry was on time and ready to go at the agreed upon time.

We were picked up in a nice Air Conditioned Van with Marcos as our driver. On the ride out to Chichen Itza, Jerry and I talked the whole way there, discussing the Mayan history, theories and history of Chichen Itza - my wife slept the whole way...lol. Jerry has spent a number of years living in the USA and speaks english fluently. Additionally, he knows Americans and what we like and our tendency. This is a great advantage as he focusses all his energy and information with us in mind.

He spent some time studying as an archeologist, so he has a very broad knowledge of what he is speaking about. I did a lot of research/studying before we went and he answered all my questions no matter how stupid...lol....The drive from the hotel zone is about 2.5hours, if you don't stop. We didn't because my wife slept the whole way. Jerry and I talked the whole way there. It was fantastic!

Upon arrival, Jerry got the tickets and off we went. His knowledge of the excavations and early explorers is extensive. He had a real feel for what I was interested in and his knowledge was extensive. As a BONUS, Jerry took our picture whenever we wanted and recommended great picture spots and views. It was amazing to have him guide us thru One of the NEW Seven Wonders of the World.

Afterwards, the van was waiting for us and off we went to Cenotes Ik Kil. We took a quick dip. It was so refreshing and we needed it. The Yucatan in July is at times 100% humidity. We had lunch at the restaurant there and then it was off to Valadolid.

Valadolid is a 16th century spanish city on the way back to Cancun. I have seen many medieval cities in my day, so we did not stay too long. On the way back, we got a little BONUS again, as we stopped by a craft tequila distillery. This was a lot of fun and my wife even sampled some of the tequila.

In summary, I lived in Europe for a decade and have toured many of the great European cities. I have had private and tour group tours. Out of all of them, Jerry was the best!! He is knowledgeable, engaging and fun. It was like having a friend give you a tour!!

El Paso, Texas
36 attraction reviews
“Book him whenever he is available”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family of 4 booked a one-day Chichen Itza-Cenote-Valladolid tour with Jerry. Actually Jerry operates a 3-person crew; Jorge took the reservation and handled emails, Tom was the driver and Jerry was the guide. Tom and Jerry showed up in our hotel on time at 7am with their 9 seater van, and off we went (without having to wait for more tourists). On the way he explained a lot of Mayan history, culture and geology of Yucatan to us (he is a half Mayan descent). At about 10am he escorted us into Chichen Itza complex and explained all the details station by station. He is a pretty good photographer and knows the spots for taking good photos. He even explained to us things that were on sale at souvenir stores (e.g., Maya calender). We were always ahead of the bus tours. After walking in the hot sun, Tom provided us cold drinks and wet towels to cool off. We left Chichen Itza at around 12noon. The swim (and dive) in the nearby cenote was the favorite of the day for my sons. After a buffet lunch, we left at about 2pm for Valladolid. Jerry conducted a walking tour for us at the town plaza and city hall. He also threw in a visit to a Tequilla factory to show us the process of making Tequilla. We arrived back at our hotel at 5pm sharp. Overall we had an excellent tour and came back with many family photos.

Claremont, California
“Party of 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We booked Jerry and his driver Tom after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. We had a great day. Jerry was very knowledgeable and knew the Mayan history and was very informative. We were picked up at 7:30am in an air conditioned private van . All day we seemed to be just ahead of the crowds. After Chichen Itza we went for lunch then had time to swim in the Cenote. The Cenote was amazing. He returned us to our hotel at 5pm. It was a wonderful day trip and worth every penny.
He even had an ice chest that we chilled some beers. They hit the spot when we finished the Chichen Itza tour. Thanks Tom & Jerry

Visited June 2012
Denison, Texas
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Jerry and his driver Tom exceeded out expectations! We were only going to be in Cancun for a few days so I didn't want to risk my chances with mass produced tours. It was easy to book our trip via email. They arrived at our hotel right on time and off we went. Jerry is a combination historian, archeologist and anthropologist! During our drive to Chichen Itza he provided an entertaining background for our upcoming tour of the site then pulled together the story when we arrived. We had a beautiful day, but still hot and the sented cold cloths from Tom were simply fantastic! Who knew we would get silver plate service! I highly recommend Jerry and his service.