“Awesome Seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #170 of 622 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, International, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: En Oasis Cancun y Playa nuestra orientacion al servicio, variedad, calidad y frescura de los pescados y mariscos es unica. Lo mejor del Caribe Mexicano.
New London, Wisconsin
“Awesome Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is my favorite seafood restaurant in Cancun. I try something different every time I go and haven't found anything that isn't totally amazing. It is a bit difficult to get to (don't let the taxi take you to the Oasis Hotel), but worth the effort. Ask for Houdini, he will make your hunger disappear in no time. Go early, this is a local favorite, but the kitchen closes at 7:00. Ask about their special drinks.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

los angeles
“Fast becoming my favorite restaurant in Cancun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Reading the recommendations on this site and since I was staying downtown, I decided to try this place out. Very glad I did.

I went there two days on my stay. The first time, I had an English speaking waiter who helped me decide what to try.

First, had the capifruita ( sp ). This was a wonderful drink. The best way I can explain it, it's like an orange julius but instead of oranges, it had stawberries and pinapple in it with crushed ice and some other thing that I can't remember what it was. Very refreshing. It was so good I had two of them.

I don't drink alcohol so this was perfect for me. They do make this drink with alcohol for those that drink.

Now for the food. I had a shrimp taco to start. Very good. The shrimp is lightly breaded and cooked just right. For the main course, I had the paella. It was so good but I couldn't finish it. I was so full, I didn't have room for dessert.

The second time I went there, the English speaking waiter wasn't there, but the guy who waited on me was very helpful.

Again started with the capifruita. I wanted a light meal for the food I ordered the shrimp cocktail and two fish tacos.

The fish tacos were okay, the shrimp tacos for me were much better.

The shrimp cocktail was awesome! I was expecting the water-down sauce most Mexican restaurants near me use, which is okay, but I like the American cocktail sauce better.

Well, this one was a cross between the two. The result, heaven of a dish. I got the medium, next time I get the large.

Almost forgot, when you first sit down, they bring you chips and three kinds of salsas. Watch out, the green one is very hot. It kind of cracked me up because when the waiter brought me my shrimp cocktail, he asked me if I wanted a hotter salsa. No thanks.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cancun, Mexico
“Delicious sea food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Cancun. Anything you ask from the menu is delicious, my favorite is the "Campechano" cocktail. It has shrimp, octopus, fish, oysters, scalups and other sea delicacies.

The ceviche and tostadas are great as well and the sea food soup or shrimp soup is also excellent.

Is not so expensive and last but not least, the service is awesome- the waiters are real trained waiters. There is another oasis at playa del carmen...

Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful, freash seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Enjoy this beautiful restaurant for a late lunch from 1-5pm. The seafood is fresh and prepared to perfection.

Once the sun sets, the mosquitos and rats take over the outdoor garden dining area. The waiters carry a can of mosquito spray for you, but it's still annoying. We had a rat running around our feet and under the table.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Everything we have ordered has been fresh and delicious, very traditional menu with the best shrimp ceviche and seafood tacos. Good service and really pleasant decor.
wish they were open later then 7 PM.

Visited April 2013