This resort is vast and luxurious. It is located between Riviera Maya and Cancun South....not near the Cancun strip. This is not a spring breakers party hotel. This is a couples/family resort. The grounds are beautiful and well kept and contain everything from jungle to gardens to pool and beach. The food is good for all inclusive....not 5 star gourmet, but delicious and satisfying. The liquor is top-shelf and you are never without a drink in hand. The service is impeccable. The spa is first class, and the golfing is some of the best in mexico.
My comments on people's ridiculous complaints:
Yes, the resort is spread out and you have to walk/ride to get to other areas of it. Get over it. I really enjoyed the exercise. If you didn't want to walk, you should have done your research and stayed at a small, high rise hotel. I think this is an asset to the resort as you can easily steal away for a secluded moment or be in the middle of the festivities. Each side of the resort offers a different feel.....you definitely do not get bored here.
"The beach has seaweed on it." Yes, it does, and the water isn't electric blue. But it is a beautiful emerald green with streaks of hot turquoise running though it. The white sandy beaches were ideal for walks. The beach is lovely and a little sea grass adds character.
I found a coat hanger on the ground...........GET OVER IT
I don't understand how people ruin their own vacations by picking out the tiniest things to complain about the entire trip. They must be miserable people. The resort is a beautiful place to vacation. I would give it 4.5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers 2,433 accommodations with double Jacuzzi, 24 hr. room service and balconies. The excitement begins with two large lagoon-style pools with Jacuzzis and swim-up bars. The state-of-the-art Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, disco, 13 restaurants, 12 bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico