My wife and I have never been to the Caribbean and have never stayed at an all-inclusive resort. We therefor had no preconceived notions or specific expectations about our hotel or the area.
Our stay was last week of August and the place was virtually empty. The resort is absolutely enormous and there were maybe a couple hundred people, if that. It was a welcome fact, since it was fun having the place basically to ourselves. The only odd thing was going to dinner every night and being one of maybe 2 other tables in their large restaurants.
Speaking of the restaurants, there are 14 of them. We tried all the more upscale restaurants and thought the food was surprisingly good. Since I enjoy a good beer for dinner, the only disappointing thing was the lack of a beer selection. All the restaurants seemed to have the same beer on tap. I think it was Dos Equis.
We stayed at the resort using one of my aunt's premier member weeks. We were greeted with champaign and found our room with a bottle of champaign and a bottle of wine waiting for us. On an almost daily basis, we found little goodies, like chocolate covered strawberries once we returned to our room at the end of the day. The service was outstanding.
We do not know if the service was this way because of our premier (black band) status, or if that is the same for everyone.
The resort has the largest and second largest pool in all of Cancun. It is absolutely huge. There are swim up bars in each of them. There also is a kids area which seemed well designed.
My wife and I had free tours included. We visited Tulum and Isla Mujeres. Each trip was well put together and we had a good time. Parts of it were a little bit too touristy, but we never felt too overwhelmed.
We also visited Wet & Wild water park and the zip line park across from Moon Palace. Both places very virtually empty at the end of August and were a lot of fun. Sticking to the bus schedules was the only downside at times.
We also visited all but one of the other Palace resorts along the main strip. They all appear very clean and modern and feature great pools and in the case of Sun Palace a fantastic beach. If you enjoy a proper beach with waves, go to Sun Palace.
All in all we enjoyed ourselves immensely and would return without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers 2,433 accommodations with double Jacuzzi, 24 hr. room service and balconies. The excitement begins with two large lagoon-style pools with Jacuzzis and swim-up bars. The state-of-the-art Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, disco, 13 restaurants, 12 bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico