“The Brazilian Restaurant with Victor as our waiter was exceptional!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 307 Km 340, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #12 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Fishkill, New York
“The Brazilian Restaurant with Victor as our waiter was exceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The service we received at the Brazilian restaurant in Nizuc was an exceptional experience. Never having tried a Brazilian restaurant before, Victor and Juan Povedano were excellent waiters. We loved the service they provided us with and would definitely recommend you request their services. I highly recommend ordering the Mayan Coffee to top off your night. Great experience for us!

Room Tip: Sleeping 4 in 2 double beds was a challenge for 7 days. I would recommend 2 rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
NormaGranados, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your great comments about our services at the Arrecifes – Brazilian - Restaurant, the picture you have posted is great!

We hope to see you back again to enjoy a delicious Mayan Coffee!

Hasta pronto !

Norma Granados
Public Relations Manager @ Nizuc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,136)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Just back. Loved every minute and really the most I and the family did was play volleyball. Heads up to Felipe , Elena and Alfredo down at the Olympic pool. No day was complete without you and your sense of fun.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but the Grand is quieter with Sunrise being busier
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
YENNIACALVILLO, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear John H,

We are thrilled to know that you loved every minute of your stay. Thank you for your recognition of Felipe, Elena and Alfredo. We are very proud of all our employees, and we are sure that they are the reason of Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort to be known as one of the best all inclusive Resorts.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at any of our Palace Resorts properties.

Loudoun County, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

There is something for everyone at this resort. It is very large and we were assigned the Sunrise section. Our 18 and 24 year old sons had a blast. My husband and I explored all 3 sections and found that all appealing. Sunrise is the largest with more pools, activities, and restaurants. We enjoyed our stay at the Grand section one day for a little more peace and quiet. Nizuc has a great water slide and the Brazillian steakhouse was very good.

The water sports are awesome! Paddle boarding, windsurfing, kayaking, etc...so much fun! Take the shuttle bus to Sun or Beach Palace if you want to enjoy the beautiful blue beach for the day. This place has a lot to offer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not adjoin; we could hear the people next door quite easily.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear MsMelissa67,

We are truly glad that you took the time to share your experience here. At Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort we have a vast variety of activities, food, beverages and entertainment for all tastes and ages. Thank you for highlighting the ones you enjoyed most!

Thank you once again for staying with us! We will be waiting to welcome you back for another great experience!

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Myself and my husband went on honeymoon here- just returned home yesterday!
I dont usually write reviews but felt I had to due to some of the totall rubbish in some of the reviews in here!
Its true that this hotel is big but to say it's an inconviniace is just silly. We stayed in nizuc right next to the grand and to walk to sunrise at the other end took about 15mins with a lovely sea breeze which at night is great....better than being stuck on a bus with 30 other people I'd say.....and hello you're on holiday so what does a 15 main walk matter its not like you're in a rush..... Same for dinner if you have a 45min wait.....so what go get a drink and wait....chill out you're on holiday!
People complaining about having to book a resteraunt as soon as you get there in order to get a reservation (you'd expect to book weeks in advance at home for fine dining) so waiting a few days while you're on holiday and eating at one of the 10 or so other lovely restaurants isn't exactly a big deal!!!
OK so the sea isn't turqoise but its an endless stretch of perfect white powder sand that have weddings on them daily (so not the ugly beach people make it out to be) and anyway if you're spending thousands on a holiday you should research the place you're staying and know what to expect before you go to avoid dissapointnent! If you want a turqouise beach reaserch you're holiday like normal people do and go stay at a different hotel and don't complain about this one!
Pools and pool bars and resteraunts are amazing - we went to nizuc pool daily as sunrise was focused alot on kids and we found the grand abit boring but if you Like quiet then its a lovely pool!
Lots of resteraunts for all tastes and I never had bad customer service from anyone- waiters can't do enough for you!
As for a couple of little bugs in youre room..... You're in a tropical climate so to think you won't get the odd bug is a little silly and is hardly the fault of the hotel ......have you never had a bug in the you're own house!!!!
Our room was cleaned daily and fridge re stocked- we stated in mono in nizuc section which has not yet been refurbed ....but guess what it was still a lovely room and the decor was nice! Yes some other rooms are better but I'm.not pomoas or picky enough to just expect to be in a re modeled room- the hotel are refurbishing each section as it obviously can't all be done at exactly the same time- how the hotel trying to update rooms can be seen as a negative by some people is beyond me!
If you wanted perfect peace and quiet and a perfect beach and a small boutique type hotel then maybe thats what people should actually book- instead of going here having done no reasearch only to come on trip advisor and give unfair bad reviews!
This is a lovely and well run hotel that's would suit anybody!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us in Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, for us is very important to know the experience that our guests have, we are sure that this is the best way to improve every day.

We hope to have the honor of seeing you again very soon where serve you is a pleasure!

Hasta pronto !

Norma Granados
Public Relations Manager @ Nizuc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed for 7 days and it was pure heaven! All of our waiters and representatives were wonderful. The grounds were really beautiful. The pools were amazing. Every restaurant and buffet exceeded our expectations. The only glitch was the travel to the spa. There aren't enough busses there. We almost missed our appointment. But the couples massage and my facial were superb!!! Other than that we can't wait to go back next year!!!! We did visit Beach Palace and Sun Palace while we were there. Also, they were wonderful. Palace Resorts really does know how to meet the needs of everyone!!!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Mizanders34,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I’m really glad that you enjoyed both the facilities and the service our staff provided.

You can be assured that all your words are taken into consideration by our Management Team and it helps us to continue to offer the highest level of service excellence that we are known for.

We’re looking forward to your next trip to Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was so dissapointed on so many levels. 1 of the reasons I had booked my stay at Moon Palace is because of the $1500 resort credit. Since I get two rooms it would be $3000 I was very happy. Two weeks before my trip was scheduled I get an email with the list of what I can use my resort credit for. It was very limited. For example in this huge gift shop I could only use the resort credit to buy 4 things. Two of these things alcohol once was tobacco and the other was a body bath bag that I could get for $10 at Bed Bath beyond. On top of that I had to pay the tax of 16% which was $16 per item. That meant each item was valued at $100. Nowhere in the resort did it state that this was all I could use my resort credit for. They were big signs all over to come use the resort credit in the gift shop and the jewelry shop but no where did it states the limitations. I think this is very bad business on their part. Another problem where the restaurants. I don't pay $7000 for a vacation and then have to wait online 1 1/2 hours to eat and not make a reservation. Or if I want to make a reservation I still have to wait online at least an hour to be told to come back later. This is ridiculous. The people at the resort were fantastic and courteous. The food was excellent once we got in to eat. If you had a large party but you want to try to sit in a restaurant it will be a long wait. I was there for 6 nights and I could not get a reservation in the two restaurants that took reservations, thr Mayan and Italian. This is ridiculous. I will never go back there. I will find another resort since there are so many in Cancun. Another problem is the bugs. Underneath the door to my room is about an inch gap. Each day I was visited by salamanders mosquitoes spiders. We all came back bit enough.

• Stayed July 2014
Rosaura Y, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We're awfully sorry to hear about your experience and you can be assured that all the feedback you provided will be reviewed and considered. Our highest priority is proving our guests with services and amenities that exceed their expectations and we're sorry if this was not the case.

In regard to the Resort Credit, additional information can be found on our website including the terms and conditions and the total amount that can be redeemed toward different services and products.

We also apologize for the heavier than normal wait times at our restaurants. We will be reviewing ways to improve this and we hope you reconsider and provide us with another opportunity to better serve you.

Respectfully,
ROSAURA YAÑEZ
Hamilton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the moon palace grand for two weeks for our 30th(pearl) wedding anniversary this July. I was to a gift would be placed in my room but this never happened. The queuing at some resturants was appalling as I was told 3hrs for Momo, this is unacceptable for a 5* hotel.. Two other resturants were also poor as waiting time was about an hour. Lobby to lobby bus was good but certain people from certain countries have no manners and do not know how to stand in a queue. The sunrise and nizuc are busy but there are 3 pools and a crocodile in the grand areas. The rooms are spacious but infested with mossies as we were right at the gardens the food was excellent as we're the sky bars and other entertainment areas with the only downfall being the Pub where it would freeze the nuts off as brass monkey.in my opinion This is only 4* star.sorry moon palace

Room Tip: Families should stay in the sunrise plenty to do for kids, if you want it quiet then stay in the gra...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosaura Y, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our services and amenties.
We're very sorry about the long wait times you experienced at our restaurants, while this is not the typical experience at Moon Palace, we are working hard to improve this.
We are also very sorry for not coming through on your special request, we hope to make it up to you next time we visit.
Again we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
Respectfully,
ROSAURA YAÑEZ
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER

Been to Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!