I'll start off by saying that this was my third trip to the Moon Palace resort. My first trip however with a 9 month old. First two stays were on the Sunrise side of the resort and this stay was on the Nizuc side.
We flew down with West Jet. Although this is a review of the resort, I have to say that if you have never flown with West Jet please think of them next time as they were a blast (staff super friendly and they cracked jokes the entire flight which made it easier going).
We arrived on May 18, 2013. We were staying at the Nizuc portion of the resort. We arrived mid day and were able to get our wrist bands, but our rooms weren't ready until 3pm (it was approximately noon when we arrived). We ate and met with the VIP elite concierge and were then able to get our room. Overall speed of check in was reasonable and staff were friendly.
We were in the Pantera portion of Nizuc (our room was upgraded to the Ocean View King room). We had our 9 month old and a crib was provided. (essentially a play pen, but they did a good job of putting a nice mattress in it with matching sheets from the king bed).
The room was clean and the fridge was stocked with beer and soda. Upon arrival it was very hot and we wanted to bathe our little guy and found that the jacuzzi tub had rust coloured water coming out of it. We decided to let the water run for a bit to clear the pipes, but it didn't correct the issue. We decided to call in the morning.
We went to the front desk in the morning 5am (little guy was up early) and they set a repair time of 9am. We had breakfast at Los Caporales and by the time we got back to the room the repairman was already finishing correcting the issue.
With having a little one we were stuck taking several naps through the day and didn't get to enjoy too much of the pool/beach or amenities at the resort.
We ate breakfasts and lunches almost solely at Los Caporales due to the staff. If any managers from the Moon Palace read this please commend Santos and his partner Inocente for their work. They kept my son entertained while we had an opportunity to eat. They went above and beyond what I saw of other staff members. Santos took the opportunity when we were leaving to speak further with us and thank us and he was an all around great guy. I hope you keep him on staff as I'd like to see him next year and reintroduce him to my son (albeit a bit older by that point).
I enjoyed my stay, there were little hiccups during (cleaning staff took all our towels and failed to replace them, and took our robes as well.) We were able to rectify the problem with our beach towels as the cleaning staff also took one of them too... we easily got three towel cards back.
The food was typical Moon palace, they had a good selection, the food was appetizing. The room service was awesome, they were thorough in ensuring we got what we ordered. Premium beer delivered when requested (heineken, coors light, dos equis). If you get room service order the chocolate cake... simply awesome.
Pools were clean, appeared well maintained, they were moderately busy (if you're looking for a quiet pool go over to the moon grand). Met some awesome people from Texas and England at the Nizuc pool.
All around a great trip and will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico