“The bar is really set high now!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

You added Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km. 340, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th of July Sale 40% Off
Ranked #18 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Marietta, Ohio
“The bar is really set high now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Moon Palace in Cancun, best vacation ever! The staff, room, pools,food were perfect! Our concierge Omar bldg. 87 what great, he really enjoys his work and make you feel at home. At night he would with leave my wife a lavender pillow and fill our aroma heater with scented oils. He also left me a birthday cake and wine on ice. Amelia a sever at the pool behind bldg. 86 was also great! The make a very good BLT. We cannot wait to go back. Just look at photos in Google images, it is really just like the photos!

Room Tip: We liked Bldg 87 3rd floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,018)
  • Hebrew first
portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was our third visit to Moon Place Grand and as expected from our last two visits the standard of service was excellent.
My husband loves the Golf course whilst I love the Spa of which both are excellent.
We loved the Italian restaurant at the Golf course and the Mexican restaurant is also excellent.
The staff everywhere can't do enough to make your stay enjoyable but particularly the restaurant we had breakfast in. The service was superb as they remembered you especially Luis and Jorge who remembered us from last year. Ricardo the manager was extremely pleasant and welcoming. Janet was very efficient and Marisol a trainee waitress an absolute delight.
Everywhere in the Palace Resorts we have stayed in it is run so efficiently like a well oiled machine. We think this is due to the fact all the staff appear to love working for this company and a happy workforce makes it a very happy place to stay in and to return to which hopefully we will in the near future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our first visit to the Moon Palace and indeed Cancun and following the many reviews on this site, although mainly favourable, my wife & I were rather slightly hesitant on what we would find - we should not have been concerned!!
From the moment the gentleman with the flower greeted us at the Nizuc lobby, we lived in a "bubble" for 10 days which are amongst the best we can ever recall. The professional and can do attitude of the staff, the opulence of the complex, the Service and choice offered were just unequivocally first class.
Yes, the beach is a no go area for swimming and some could describe the Resort as too big however neither inconvenienced us in the least.
On arrival we utilised our room credits to upgrade to a Concierge Ocean front room which we were duly provided - second floor and a stunning view feeling literally like you were on the water! - Fantastic room with fully stocked fridge(beers and soft drinks) and optics with full bottles of Tequilla, Whisky, Vodka and Bacardi together with (from some quarters!), the much maligned Jacuzzi, which we found heavenly!
We utilised the room credits to the full without any issues(recommend this is done first full day after arrival) and found the Relaxing massages and treatments mesmerising. First ever time for me and hopefully not the last!
The professional etiquette shown by the Staff was really a joy to behold. There was never any chance of your glass or plate remaining empty! - They would continually asked whether you wanted more drinks & food - From our experience, you will never go hungry or thirsty!
The eclectic nature of the Restaurants are also well worth experiencing with the Trattoria(Golf Club reservation required) and Momo in Sunrise standing out.
On a more negative perspective, we paid with room credits for the Chef's Special Meal($198 for the two of us plus tax @11%) which was not special in the least(very poor menu and having to sit with other guest in large tables rather than just on your own - appropriate for some I'm sure but best if they forewarn guest of this)) and the Romantic Meal by the beach which yes, romantic indeed but with a menu which was poor at very best and almost insulting at worst, coupled with plastic glasses to drink from, all at $300(plus tax) which if not paid with resorts credits, I would have most certainly requested a refund!
We certainly do not wish these to detract from an awesome experience and one which will live with us for many years to come. If you are hesitating whether to go to this Resort our simple message will be GO, specially even more with the advent of the room credits possibly being removed from 2015, once the work improvements are completed, as we were advised.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can with your credits to Concierge level (Nizuc) - Stunning view, fantastic room, 2 m...
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had the most amazing time at Moon Palace Grand, I cant recommend this place enough. Every holiday you go on after this place you will be comparing it. The resort, food, pools and the staff are all fantastic, there is not a bad thing you could say about it. We loved being down by the pool at Los Tacos, The staff there were fantastic. The manager Mariana was very welcoming and did a great job and had a great team there.The chef Carlos cooked brilliant food. What can I say about Claudia and Irene they made our days down by the pool, you never wanted for anything. They were so friendly and efficient, we were sad to leave them and say good bye to go home. Already sorting out and pricing up to go next year.

Room Tip: any where you will be happy
Lenexa, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The rooms & facilities are well appointed, new and well kept. The support and waiting staff are very friendly, jovial and eager to help. The restaurants and lounges are sumptuous, many and varied in theme. The activities available are plentiful, although it would have been better if the kayaks and catamarans were available for use in the lagoon. The 3, 9-hole golf links are challenging.

Room Tip: The presidential suites have lots of room, excellent sea views and a balcony area large enough for g...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cold Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have had numerous trips to Cancun and the Mayan Riviera. We usually take two trips a year, one with kids and one without. This was our family trip, which we went with two other families. We chose the Moon palace simply because of the activities on the resort for teenage kids. We booked the Sunrise section but upon arrival we were swithched to the Nizuk section. We choice to to stay there becasue they did have all three rooms side by side. All Good. Like many reviews the beach is the worst I have seen in this area, lots of seaweed and the water is very very merky. We took the shuttle to the Beach palace in Cancun and spent the day there. The beach there was amazing! The kids in our group, all teenagers did have a great time by spending time on the florider and the kids club. The resort it self was very large but suprisingly very easy to navigate so we felt comfortable with kids going back and forth on their own. Here is our review of everything indivudually.

Rooms- Very large and clean. 5/5

Resort- Very large and lots of things to do. 5/5

Service- Amazing service- 5/5

Beach- Again worst I have seen. 1/5

Food- Lots of choices and the elacarts are amazing. 5/5

You do recieve 1500 resort credits per room which we all used for three rounds of golf so that was a good deal although we did not use them all up.

Overall this is a great resort but we sure like the option to siwm in the water which you cannot do here. That may be the only reason that I would have second thoughts going back unless the price was right.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Freehold, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Now I love palace resorts and I am a member but there have been a few things that made me disappointed. Typically, these things are do to false information or lack there of because of the staff. A few years ago I visited the Moon Palace in Dominican Republic, they failed to inform us that the hotel was incomplete; furniture was still being delivered into our room during our stay. Not the best vacation; severely disappointed in that trip. We received treatment of a lesser value than we did the previous year at Cancun Palace.

June 2012 I stayed at Moon Palace in Cancun, Mexico. I raved to all my friends how wonderful my visit was the previous year but ended up completely embarrassed because the stay was not what it should have been. I called up several times to confirm that the two rooms I booked would be in close proximity to each other and to Club Andromeda. They did give me two rooms right across from each other and close to the "club" but it was not the same club as last year. They failed to inform me that the club was closed down for renovations and the new "club" would take place in the Sunrise Lobby. The whole reason I like staying at Moon Palace is because of the onsite club, so I was really upset. My party of six relied on the club in the resort so leaving was not an option. The lobby did not fully transform into an 18+ club, there were still toddlers running around at 1am and it closed earlier than their Club Andromeda. The reason I waited about a year to post my review is because I want to express how upset I am about a trip that happened a year ago. DO NOT count Palace Resorts out, they have great food, beautiful rooms, and usually a friendly staff. Just have a back up plan in case you are relying on certain things that the resort offers. If I known the club was closed, I would have stayed at a different palace resort. Still very disappointed from my last trip so I will not be going on vacation this year; I hope Palace Resort can redeem themselves in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!