“Unbelievable experience...in a bad way!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

You added Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km. 340, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #12 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“Unbelievable experience...in a bad way!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I checked into this hotel today and am writing this review at the end of the checkin experience...

Still 4 days here so hopefully it gets better.

I expected to stand in lines when I left home this morning...Airline, TSA, Immigration, customs...but not the 5 star hotel I was staying in. But that is the ONLY place I had to wait...not for 10 mins or 20 mins but over an hour - just to be told that my room was not ready and that I needed to stand in line again at 3 pm ( I had arrived at 12:30 pm).

While the lady at the reception was pleasant enough, the lack of man power was overwhelming.

While waiting I saw an army of blue shirted people milling about the reception area not doing anything and went to them to complain. That was helpful...not! Unbelievably rude and unhelpful - said I could talk to "Public Relations" around the corner. That was a complete non- starter as those folks assured me that everyone was doing their best...

After getting the news that my room wasn't ready, I started to leave the reception area and was accosted by afore mentioned persons in blue...asked me to relax in the lobby area while she was explain The facilities to me...and oh, where was my wife ? As this was a dad + kids weekend, there was no wife for me to produce...and that's when I realized that the Blue folks were selling time shares because I never saw them again.

I hope the rest of our stay is better than the first 3 hours.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,319)
Elko, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have been coming to Moon Palace Sunrise for several years. The last two times we've been there we have had the wonderful opportunity to have Pablo as our server by the pool. Pablo usually works near the swing bar is "Is The Best". He has made our trips so perfect that we keep bringing more people back every year. There is no way we would ever sit any where else at the pool because our days are full of fun and 100% fabulous service when Pablo is our man. Please let Pablo know that Bob Stinnett sent a Completely Satisfied review about him. My membership number is 3116395. Thank you, Pablo, for being the best!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I went there last week (03/19/2013) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everyone had a smile on their face... The restaurants were delicious. Our favorites were Momo, barracuda and bugambilia (for breakfast)! There is a fantastic server at Bugambilia's named Rafael... ASK for him! Best customer service you will ever experience! The pool activities were great, especially the water volleyball. The entertainment staff made you feel special and included. Noir on a Friday night was a blast (especially in the VIP section!) and the drinks were delicious. We put out the breakfast room service cards at night and chose our food and time we wanted it delivered and it came correct and at the exact time we had chosen (8:30am). The resort is big and allows for many people to have a good experience. It never felt crowded in the middle of spring break season. Since you get the wrist band for moon-palace, you have the opportunity to take the free charter bus to the beach palace and enjoy the beautiful beach and roof-top pool in the heart of cancun. Our trip couldn't have been any better. We would recommend this resort to any/everyone looking to have a great time and a phenomenal experience.

Room Tip: Moon palace- sunrise section- anywhere around the main pool was great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

While the palace is a nice resort it is so large that you walk miles to go around. We stayed at sunrise lobby which was def the more active lobby. Couple of the shows were really good like Michael Jackson but others mediocre at best (the water show). Staff were nice but they try to up sell you on a membership. If you sit thru the talk they will tell you 1hr 30 mins that's not true. The beach is not good as it is on a reef so tons of seaweed. For the price there are better places in Mexico. Couldn't get our free manis and pedis as there was not enough staff and the $1500 resort credit is a joke. The teen club and flow rider was good.

Room Tip: Don't have a room near stairs or elevators
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

What a wonderful place to bring family and friends and feel completely at home. We had an incredible time with the five college students we brought with us. Food was great, beverages were better and their was entertainment and activities for all ages! If you are looking for serious service that is almost like family, stop at the pool bar by The Grand and down from the sushi bar. Elena, Felipe and Jimmy took excellent care of us all week! They knew us by name and had our beverage of choice always ready for us.

Thanks so much! Senor Bryan

Room Tip: The Grand building 87 is a very long walk from everything else. We recommend staying in building 86.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked directly through the hotel website we are here now and they put us in two rooms on sunrise section two kings for 5 ppl. It is my first time at a palace resort and I would never let anyone I know go here. POOR customer service!! When I was reduced to tears they will not help !! The room is dirty and old !! It's so sad I booked two rooms and the coverlets ate dirty! They brought an extra mattress in the room for my daughter and it was dirty and filthy. I'm so upset I can't finish reviewing ill make sure and do an extensive one later! My magical vacation is turning into a huge nightmare and the people here do not care !! RUN FROM HERE . I have rooms 1517 and 1509

• Stayed March 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

It has been a number of years since we have been to the Moon Palace, so I was a little worried about the resort getting old. But I was pleasantly surprise that it really did not show its age.

The good:
Staff is great. Really consistent from maid, waiter, bar, to anyone else we interacted with.

The food was good, better than I remember from our first visit.

The drinks were all made well, better than the other 10 or so all-inclusive we have tried.

The bad:

The beach is unusable for the most part. Sea weeds and very fine sand if what you will find.

Resort Credit is kind of a scam. Works well for somethings, but not really very usable.

Overall:

If you like seating by the pool, eating and resting, then you should enjoy the Moon Palace.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!