I checked into this hotel today and am writing this review at the end of the checkin experience...
Still 4 days here so hopefully it gets better.
I expected to stand in lines when I left home this morning...Airline, TSA, Immigration, customs...but not the 5 star hotel I was staying in. But that is the ONLY place I had to wait...not for 10 mins or 20 mins but over an hour - just to be told that my room was not ready and that I needed to stand in line again at 3 pm ( I had arrived at 12:30 pm).
While the lady at the reception was pleasant enough, the lack of man power was overwhelming.
While waiting I saw an army of blue shirted people milling about the reception area not doing anything and went to them to complain. That was helpful...not! Unbelievably rude and unhelpful - said I could talk to "Public Relations" around the corner. That was a complete non- starter as those folks assured me that everyone was doing their best...
After getting the news that my room wasn't ready, I started to leave the reception area and was accosted by afore mentioned persons in blue...asked me to relax in the lobby area while she was explain The facilities to me...and oh, where was my wife ? As this was a dad + kids weekend, there was no wife for me to produce...and that's when I realized that the Blue folks were selling time shares because I never saw them again.
I hope the rest of our stay is better than the first 3 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers 2,433 accommodations with double Jacuzzi, 24 hr. room service and balconies. The excitement begins with two large lagoon-style pools with Jacuzzis and swim-up bars. The state-of-the-art Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, disco, 13 restaurants, 12 bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico