“Amazing hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

You added Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km. 340, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #12 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed in the moon palace for a week in October, it was amazing experience wise. However, we found the rooms old and dated and in no way matching the price tag or the rest of the amenities. If we had been put in the new wing would have been 5 star and closer to the mark on the price we paid. In saying that we will return, hopefully soon with our 2 children. We stayed concierge level and the lovely little petit fours left at night in our room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,329)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We spent eight days at Moon Palace Riviera Maya Jan15 to Jan22 our objective was to relax and be happy. One we have been members for about 8 years and have gone to several other Palace Resorts. This was our second time at the Moon. We had a great experience. Our room was on the Nuzic Side, ocean front second floor. A bottle of wine was waiting for us. The liquor was top notch. Soft drinks and beer in the mini bar. The view was spectacular. The room was clean and bath accessories were top notch. The staff could not have been nicer. We didn’t much this trip except eat drink swim and relax. Mission accomplished eight days with no cares and treated like royalty. Can’t say enough good things about the staff, they will do anything to make your stay special.
We have complementary backrubs in our contract. Go early and do the whole hydrotherapy routine, sauna, steam room, cold water waterfall, Jacuzzi, leg Jacuzzi before your spa treatment. The staff will guide you through the experience and make you feel welcome and comfortable. You will never feel so relaxed afterwards. We also use resort credit for a 80 min couples massage, didn’t want it to end.
I have read reviews where people say the food is poor to average. What are they accustomed to? We did the chiefs dinner which was entertaining and the food was very good. Main entrée was about 6oz. fillet with mash potatoes and vegetables. Dinner at the Golf course Italian restaurant La Trattoria was fabulous. I had the best lamb chops I have ever had. We reserved a dinner at the oriental Mono No Mo. The show was good and so was the food. Sushi was better than average and came with cold Saki. Deserts at all the restaurants were almost too pretty to eat, but we did and they tasted great. We had breakfast on the Grand side at the Le Cabbieno. We also had dinner there twice. The staff couldn’t have been nicer. Have the Mayan Coffee it taste good and the show is an experience.
Can’t wait til next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was by far the best vacation we ever experienced at the Moon Palace Resort. They have remodeled the Sunrise lobby/lounge, new disco, and added a "wave runner". The service is unbelievable. If you eat in Delfines I hope you get to meet Juan Pablo. He remembered our names and what type of drinks we liked. Juan was very professional and eager to please. Then we met Hermelindo who is a waiter by the pool and beach. We were also impressed that he too remembered our names and what type of drinks we liked. He was very attentive. I went to the fabulous Spa for a deep tissue massage. I hope you get Patricia. That was the BEST massage I had ever experienced in my life! There are not enough words to describe how wonderful the whole spa atmosphere is. The "romantic dinner" was also very impressive. The staff can't do enough for you. I was sad to leave and didn't want to come home!

Room Tip: We prefer the rooms in the Nizuc section. It's away from the conference center (Sunrise) but st...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

There is nothing better than this place. They have become our family away from home. There is always something to do, always something to eat. The dinning serice from Carmen, Macedonio, Hecner & Jorge were over and beyond. Everything was Great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lemont, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Perfect place if you plan on golfing for the week. Golf staff is very friendly and attentive. Pool is very large, enough room for all. Plenty of activities at pool. Just ask for your favorite liquor, and they will find it for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband Nick and I are currently staying at the Moon Grand Palace in Cancun -- one of the hotels of the Palace Resort Group that has amazing resorts in Cancun, Puerta Vallarta, Dominican Republic, etc. Bar none, it's one of the best resorts in Cancun.

Also, if there was a rating for live entertainment, we'd give the resort's regular pianist, Bela Duka a raving 5 stars - an exceptionally gifted musician, absolutely amazing. We spent some time with Bela and learned that he's originally from Hungary but studied at The University of Florida in Tallahassee. If you do stay at these resorts in Cancun, we highly recommend you stop by and hear Bela play at either the Moon Grande and next door at the Sunrise Resort. Moon Grande Palace Resort has found a true treasure in this gentleman's talent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've been coming to Moon Palace for the last 6 years and have enjoyed every minute!
Last March I went with my boyfriend and this March I am headed there again with my best gal pals! The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The multiple options for rooms, pools, entertainment, restaurants and the wonderful spa make for a really enjoyable stay. Last visit I stayed at the Moon Grand and we had excellent service from all. Here are just a few examples of what you can expect! Elena in reception at Moon Grand could not have been kinder or more gracious . When I arrived I was booked into Nuzuc, but really wanted to be beach front at Moon Grand. She was so responsive even though those rooms were already booked. She worked her magic and got us our 2nd floor beach front room with a view ,within 1 day...! On another afternoon, while sitting by the pool at Moon Grand, I causually asked our cocktail waitress, Elena, if they still served paella by the pool, as I had experienced this on another visit. Before I knew it , Elena and Ricardo the chef had whipped up a big pan of Paella in the kitchen and brought it out to us at the pool, and we all had a wonderful and unexpected feast! One night my boyfriend and I opted for the 'Romantic Dinner" and it was fabulous. Set up by the beach with candle light and great food. Victor our waiter, was so attentive to our every need and yet remained unintrusive, as to make it a really special night for us both! Another evening we had dinner at Palapa Delfines which was wonderful, but I was really longing for sushi, as well. Anna, I think she was the hostess, was so thoughtful she headed on over to Palapa Pelicanos and got sushi for me and brought it back to our table! Thats how much they want you to enjoy your stay! Really, I feel like a VIP every time I return....

Room Tip: look for a room on 2nd floor to have more privacy
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!