This is my third time traveling to Cancun and first experience with the Moon Palace/Palace Resorts. From the very start this vacation was disappointing. Allow me to try to best summarize our experience.
1) Check in was chaotic. First, we were traveling with a large party (7 couples). Our reservation was made together and a specific area of the resort was requested. Not only was our original request not honored upon check in, we were split all over the resort with more than a 25 minute walk from one room to the next. There are 3 places to check in on this resort and I was sent to 2 before I could get a straight answer. It took two and a half hours to get it sorted and then we had to wait until 4:30PM for our rooms to be serviced and ready for us. I originally thought possibly this could have been due to our party size but then encountered two other families that requested 2 rooms side by side that had had a similar experience.
2) The $1500 credit comes with a sales pitch. On the morning after we arrived, we received 3 phone calls before 9AM requesting us to attend a meeting to learn more about our credit. Our intention for the vacation was to upgrade the room and use the spa and golf course. We did not want to sit through a presentation. We told the folks on the phone that we wished to decline the invitation. Later that day we went to make our reservations at the spa and for golf. Only to learn that the prices for these services are grossly over priced ($200+ for an 80 minute massage) and you can only use $300 of the credit at the spa. In addition, there are service fees associated with the use of the credit that you are required to pay out of pocket. Additionally, club rental is not included. So here we are thinking we have $1500 to spend but if you use it all you will be out almost $200 in service fees and $50 each time you play golf. Not only were we irritated at this point, we were again approached by another agent to discuss how else we could use our points. This time we signed something that said we did not wish to sit through a presentation. So after declining three times via phone and signing something, we still received 2 additional calls to attend this presentation during our stay.
3) Twice my husband and I were interrupted unexpectedly while using the whirlpool hot tub. The first time the maid didn't even knock. She just walked in, saw us in the tub and walked out. The second time the staff knocked three times, saying something in spanish we couldn't understand so my husband answered the door and it was a waiter bringing a complimentary dessert. Its an all inclusive resort, everything is complimentary!!
4) The entertainment staff is obnoxious. The are continuously making noise in the back ground. They were constantly interrupting us when we were trying to play our own group activities to the point my husband had to ask them to leave. The worst was the guy running the Florider (simulating surf machine). He was constantly going up on the machine, showing off and taking twice as long as anyone else. It would be one thing if he was tying to show us how to use it or assisting others but I saw him do that once.
5) The beach was a huge disappointment. Covered in a mess of seaweed. It wasn't even pleasant to walk on.
6) The food was fine. Typical all inclusive food where the buffets had the same thing everyday. Several of the pool side and main restaurant buffets offered the same thing so even though they say you have 13 restaurants to choose from there are really only 5 different menus.
7) Spa was ok. I had expected a lot more for the price I paid. The hydrotherapy room was relatively small and I felt our group of 8 made it feel very crowded. Additionally, my service was for 80 minutes but the technician only gave me a 50 minute massage. Everyone was very kind about it and refunded me the difference between a 50/80 minute massage but still put a damper on the day.
8) Room was nice. It was spacious, good amenities and the whirlpool is lovely when not being interrupted.
The only real saving grace about this place was the wait service. From the pool to the dining room to the guys who drove around the shuttles, everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful.
Overall, I just felt the value for what I paid was lacking. I definitely need to do more research before another trip back to Cancun as it will not be including a palace property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers 2,433 accommodations with double Jacuzzi, 24 hr. room service and balconies. The excitement begins with two large lagoon-style pools with Jacuzzis and swim-up bars. The state-of-the-art Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, disco, 13 restaurants, 12 bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Amex, Despegar.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico