My husband and I decided to get married destination style and after a lot of research we selected to do it at the Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort. We had 45 people come with us and we all had the best time!!
I am a seasoned traveller and have stayed at 5 star resorts all over the world, I have to say, Moon Palace was my favourite place thus far!
The food is AMAZING! It doesn't really matter which restaurant you go to - buffet, a la carte, or reservations only they are all good. Some of our favourites were - bougambillia in sunrise, brazillian steakhouse in nizuc, and the italian restaurant at the golf course.
For those who are complaining about the resort credits, our entire group used them without issue - its free money - USE IT!!! Just have your street smarts about you, they might try to upgrade you, make sure you know the charges before you agree if you want to do it. We didn't upgrade anything and used the following resort credits
-romantic dinner on the beach
-SPA - we used it for my hair and make-up for the wedding but most people used it on massages and raved about how good they were.
For the resort credits they do try to talk to you, we just told them we were very busy and went to the desks on our own time to book. The only thing you are responsible for is the tax, which is fair enough and tip if you want.
There is tons to do at the Moon Palace - we went to the Arcade one day and had the best time, there are lots of pools - make sure to go on a hot day though because they are not heated. We went to the sky bar and Noir night club.
At the restaurants, ask for a Mayan Coffee - it is quite the show!
The service is outstanding, all the people we encountered were friendly and happy to help us in any way that they could.
As for a wedding, I would highly recommend the Moon Palace - they decor options, venue options and extras are unmatched and very reasonable when compared to other hotels.
The only downside is that the beach at the moon palace is just ok - it is soft sand until you go a bit into the water. The benefit is that if you just wanted to lay on the beach, it is very long and secluded. If you wanted a swim day - you are able to take the shuttle to the other palace resorts for free and use their amenities - go to the BEACH PALACE - better beach for your beach day, but moon palace is much bigger and better to stay at IMO
The rooms are great - all have a 4 person Jacuzzi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers 2,433 accommodations with double Jacuzzi, 24 hr. room service and balconies. The excitement begins with two large lagoon-style pools with Jacuzzis and swim-up bars. The state-of-the-art Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, disco, 13 restaurants, 12 bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Amex and Otel so you can book your Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico