We visited at the end of Nov thru the first week of Dec. When we are traveling without kids, we like to workout either at the gym, pool, or beach. Play hard so we can eat and drink.
It was a bummer that the biggest gym in the Sunrise was closed for remodeling (Nov/Dec). My wife was lucky to do private Pilates reformer with Jonathan (Nizuc gym) but the size of the Nizuc gym is limited. I just used the treadmill and my own routines.
The Sunrise temporary gym was in the old teen arcade and the concrete area nearby. Not good for the feet or joint impact to jump or dance on concrete. My wife tried Zumba and it was hard without having rhythm or jiggle, but Neli was very patient and encouraging.
The flow rider (surfing activity) was pretty interesting and challenging for a non- surfer. The resort just opened the Dolphin Discovery onsite (1st wk of Dec 2012) but we didn't swim with the dolphins this time as the kids stayed at home.
The other way she stayed active was water volleyball, table tennis, and water aerobics. Entertainment staff of the Grand: Alfredo, Alex and Alonso were awesome. It was always good fun and funny times with the banter. I really enjoy sand volleyball, but it was not always easy to round up players from the calmer, more serene guests at the Grand side. Once I had a doubles game with just the 3 staff members.
The staff work hard to please the guests and they have become a welcoming vacation family. In all honesty, I'm sure the fact that we are Diamond members, have been repeat guests, and know some of the staff by name go a long ways to ensure a smooth and pampering experience. Diamond members have access to designated concierges (Moises, Jose Felipe, Paulina & a few others) so that we don't have to ever deal with too many reps or agents etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers 2,433 accommodations with double Jacuzzi, 24 hr. room service and balconies. The excitement begins with two large lagoon-style pools with Jacuzzis and swim-up bars. The state-of-the-art Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, disco, 13 restaurants, 12 bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Amex, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico