We (a family with 3 children ages 7, 6, 5) visited The Moon Palace Resort at the end of November 2012. It is a beautiful looking resort. It has 3 different sections within in, and to travel between them, there is a coach bus service. The wait times could be up to 10-12 minutes. We stayed in the Sunrise section, and this was the nicest one in terms of amenities- kids pool, evening shows, the best buffet restaurant (Bugambilia's), a very nice japanese restaurant, and a kids club. The rooms however, were small, and although we paid for a Suite, what we got were two separate rooms with an adjoining door.
While there, we noticed that there was nobody in any of the pools, except for the kids pool. The reason is because none of the pools are heated. The water was very cold. We did not dip into the pools in our resort. We found that there was only 1 heated pool in the entire resort, and it was located in the Moon Grand section, which we need to take a coach bus to get to. It is one long rectangular pool. Not the nicest looking, not many lounge chairs to accomodate all the guests, and a not so friendly bartender. It was inconvenient to travel to that pool and we visited it only twice. We spent the rest of the time on the beach, which was very dirty with seaweed and twigs. It was next to impossible to enter the ocean because of this, and the many rocks in the sand.
The kids club was good.
There must have been a thousand employees scattered throughout the resorts, and not one of them could help us with directions or any questions about the resort (and they spoke good English!).
We are frequent travellors, and have never found the need to criticize the resorts we have been to, but this resort is one of the few that we will not return to.
We have visited a few of the Bahia Principe resorts, which are also massive in size, but they are 100 times better than this one. Friendlier staff, more to do, warmer pools, nicer beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers 2,433 accommodations with double whirlpool tubs, 24 hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico