“Construction Noise was DEAFENING” 4 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Cancun

Save Saved
You added CasaMagna Marriott Cancun to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Kukulcan, Retorno Chac L-41 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #23 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
merrick, new york
“Construction Noise was DEAFENING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel on August 23, 2014. Room 6004. I checked in late at night and noticed on my floor and the two floors below that all the rooms were open and obviously being renovated. Then at 8AM the demolition, drilling and sledgehammers started and never ended. IT WAS UNBELIEBVABLE. No sleep after 8AM...I had colleagues staying in the other wing and they could hear the noise all day too.
I understand the need to do this work, yet management could care less. I voiced my concerns at the front desk with a female clerk and was told management just appologizes. When I ask the front doorman how long ths would be going on he said "FOR MONTHS". This is a beautiful hotel and I have stayed here for years....BUT during this construction be warned....you will not sleep after 8AM.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Cancun, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear reidfork:
First of all thank you for your trust and loyalty during these years, It is great to receive and discuss your warm comments regarding the Hotel renovations we are very sorry to hear that you have experienced this noise problems, we always try to improve all hotel areas, in this case the facilities, all of this is for our guests, to give them more comfortable rooms , I Hope you can accept my sincere apologies .
Sincerely
Manuel Magaña / Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
Princeton, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We really enjoyed the CasaMagna Marriott at Cancun Beach. We stayed in a Caribbean Suite which is great to splurge extra for because you are right on top of the beach with the largest balcony I have ever stayed on. The hotel is a little older but is in great shape with a great Mexican vibe with lots of arches and columns. Pool was still heated in August and felt great, I swam more than I had in years. Breakfast bar was a little pricey at 25 dollars, but was a huge delicious buffet that you could not want any more. The beach here is superb with great blue-green water color that pops brightly at you. Service was top notch and went above trying to make you happy. Employees smiled at my family all the time and made us feel so welcome. Air Conditioner kept the room very cool for August weather which made my wife very happy. I highly recommend this hotel for Cancun.

Room Tip: Caribbean Suite is worth the splurge, Great view and Hugh Balconey.
Dear jimles7:
I´m so happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us and the service and facilities were what you expected and deserve, It is nice to see you enjoy so much your balcony! And with the stunning views of the Mexican Caribbean there´s nothing more to ask for. Thanks so much for noticing our staff, they work really hard and strives each day to make all our guest feels like home, they really appreciate the recognition. The beach as you mentioned is awesome!! With white sand and different blue colors. I think we own one of the most beautiful beaches of Cancun. Thanks again for your warmest comments and it will be a pleasure to welcome you and your family again.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family of 4 (includes 2 young adult girls) vacationed at the CasaMagna in late July. The property was well run, clean and everything was great. As Americans we just wanted to note a few things to know:

1) The pool was warm. Very warm. It was cooler coming out of the pool... Not what we expected, but the pool was still nice. (BTW - the beach and ocean were fantastic!)

2) Our room was over the lobby area and we could not receive WiFi in the room. We could receive signal just fine standing outside our door.

3) The Budget car rental in the hotel is convenient -- BUT -- they open at 8am. If you rent a car and can't make it back in time to return it one night (I think they close at about 7pm), and you have a tour planned for the next morning (with pick-up between 7:00-7:30am) -- you have a problem returning the car and not getting charged for another day. The hotel staff is prohibited from taking your keys to return on your behalf. We had this complication and we were lucky to navigate around it.

4) Many things close at 5pm. Chitzen Itza closes at 5pm. And so do the waverunner rentals on the beach. That's pretty early given that the sun is out until after 7pm... So plan accordingly...

5) For us, as first-timers to Cancun, we got a first-hand lesson on the layout of the peninsula. You really can't get that until you visit. We read about the "hotel row" - and it really is just that. The hotels and beaches are nice but we did not have much luck with dinners in the area. We tend to like culture & cities --- so we ended up driving the 1 hour to Playa del Carmen 3 times over our 6 day stay.

Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Cancun, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear pawpower:
Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, I appreciate your warmest comments, as you mentioned the hotel is very clean; our Housekeeping staff strives every day to keep it clean and shine! Thanks for your feedback regarding the swimming pool; we will look how to improve temperature. I´s nice to see that you got the chance to explore more about Quintana Roo, Playa del Carmen is not very far from the hotel and I’m so happy you had the time to enjoy it. Hope we can welcome you again in further trips to Cancun.
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was invited to a conference in Cancun hosted at the CasaMagna Marriott. Conference facilities were fantastic. Being a resort, the CasaMagna does a lot to pamper its guests -- staff open doors, everyone is polite, and the lobby is an extremely air-conditioned, excessivley high-ceilinged, over-marbled showpiece. Our oceanview room surely had a lovely view, but the niceties ended there.

-- I dreaded mealtimes here. Every restaurant was an overpriced corruption of some cuisine (American, Thai, Japanese, Argentinian). This is Mexico -- can't they have at least one flippin' Mexican restaurant?!?! Further, the restaurant hours were totally inconvenient. One day, my conference let out for lunch at 2:00 pm -- NONE of the restaurants were open! We just had to starve until the restaurants opened at 5:30 pm for dinner. The hotel should have been aware of all the conference attendees needing to eat after 2:00 pm, and made special arrangements to have at least one restaurant open for us.

-- Rooms were nice *on the surface*. They're clean and maintained well. But look a little deeper and you'll see age. Paint cracking at the baseboard-wall interfaces; mildew growing where the caulk deteriorated away from the bathtub; stained bathroom floor tiles; peeling paint on the walk-out balcony. Bed was flimsy and creaky, and one of the bed feet sort of caved in on one side of the bed, making it slant downward.

-- Paid WiFi. Being here for a work-related conference, I needed Internet access. The prices are outrageous. $17/day. One can purchase multiple-day packages for a small discount. Fortunately, the WiFi was reliable and fast.

-- There is a Thrifty car rental stand in the hotel lobby. I wanted to rent a car for a day, but they didn't have anything available. The guy didn't even try calling other locations or agencies to try to find me a car. Just basically sent me off saying "sorry". Seems useless to even have that location in-hotel if they don't even care about helping hotel guests.

I'm picking on several things here, but really, the CasaMagna isn't *bad*. It's a comfortable enough place to stay. Room rates are not totally unreasonable. And for folks who enjoy the resort lifestyle, lounge-at-the-beach-all-day type of vacationers, this is probably a great hotel for them. I just felt very constrained here as an independent traveler. I would have loved to have a rental car the whole time so that I could explore more varied dining options on my terms.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MarriottCancun, Front Office Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Cancun, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We appreciate taking the time to post your review in Trip Advisor. Thank you for your recognition about how we pamper our guests; our staff is always willing to help you and the facilities are designed to make you feel comfortable. I am sorry to hear that you did not know on time that we have Champions Sports Bar open daily from 12 pm until 2 am with a menu that has a wide variety of dishes for lunch and dinner as well as traditional snacks and favorite beverages. I would also like to thank you for your comments about our rooms clean and maintained well, we are currently renovating our rooms to actualize them. The price of our Internet service is in line with similar properties in this area and we offer free Wi-Fi in the lobby. I apologize for the service provided by the Thrifty concessionary; I have shared your comments with their management to train their staff in how to handle every situation. I truly hope that you decide to visit us again in a near future.
Tiffany S. (Front Office Manager)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great room, great staff, great view. Loved every aspect of this hotel. The pool and beach are incredible. The room stayed very cool which was nice given the hot and humid weather. I was put in great room that was front and center with a view of the beach. All in all had a great time. The only complaint is with the car service to the airport. We booked through Diana a few days in advance. The price was to be $15 PP, and $7 for our 10 year old. $52 USD total. When i inquired about the taxi option, she mentioned that the taxis don't go to the airport from this property. Once we got there, i inquired with our bellhop who said that was not true and there were 10 taxis waiting at any time to take us to the airport for a flat $25 USD. Ended up doing the taxi option, not sure if she was deliberately being dishonest or if there was a communication bre. It didnt taint my experience here though and we will be back.

Dear sumnereli:
I loved to read that our guests enjoy so much their vacation with us at Marriott CasaMagna Cancun! Thanks so much, first by choosing our hotel for your vacations and second for the time to share your experience with us. I think we own one of the best beaches in Cancun Hotel Zone: white sand, turquoise waters and a “Piña Colada” in our brand new beach cabañas, it sounds like the dream vacation, don’t you think? Thanks so much for noticing our staff they work really hard and appreciate this recognition. Regarding the misunderstood with the transportation to the airport, I assure you it will not happen again. Hope we can welcome you again.
Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Casa Magna Marriott is an INCREDIBLE resort/hotel! It is just a few minutes away from Cancun (CUN) international airport. I highly recommend staying here...a SPECTACULAR POOL, a short walk to the Beach, and, overall, WONDERFUL SERVICE! If you're a Marriott rewards member, Check-in is easy and quick! This appears to be quite a family-friendly hotel! Here are my tips:

(1) Tips get you far. Bring a good stash of dollar bills. Tipping is key to this and other resorts. Also, the staff, fundamentally, do work hard and are very friendly. The bell hops, concierge, room staff...incredibly friendly and helpful. And, guess what, one of the bellhops, Daniel...he's from Chicago! Woo hoo! A plus for my trip. :)

(2) Try to book a room higher up (the place has up to 6 floors), and, if you can...any of the block of rooms where Room 5050 or 5053 were located. Get rooms on this side and the visual experience will definitely be worth it! It may be premium, but, if you're able to use Marriott Reward or Marriott Vacation Club points, what's an additional $25/night?? ;P

(3) Get the discount card from the concierge as they will help defray some of the costs from the restaurants and shops located within the resort. Guys, the main industry of Cancun is tourism, and, hence, EVERYTHING is expensive. Save a few $$ using the discount cards.

(4) Leverage the 7-11 across the street for cheap snack food/soda-pop etc.

(5) ATM in the lobby charges approximately 100 pesos for ANY withdrawal. From $100 pesos to $1000 pesos, it'll cost you 100 pesos fee. Take note.

(6) You're able to order from the Thai menu (Sa-Si restaurant) even at the Mikkado Japanese restaurant. Their version of the Pad Thai was delicious! So was the marinated pork entree, spicy chicken/seafood salad, and Sa-Si sampler appetizer!

I will definitely come back and explore more of Cancun with establishing a base at CasaMagna Marriott resort.

Thanks so much for such great service!

- tom

Dear Tom,
Thanks so much for your time in sharing your experience at Marriott CasaMagna Cancun, I´m so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities and service was just what you deserve and expect. Thank you so much for noticing our staff, as you mentioned they work really hard and appreciate the recognition. I´m Happy to read that you loved the Sasi Thai version of the Pad Thai, so do I!!! Sasi Thai is our signature Thai Restaurant , and is located next to Mikado ( Japanese ) restaurant, I highly recommend to enjoy the sunset in one of the Sasi Thai´s Palapas….. Incredible! I will be more than happy to have you back in Cancun and in Marriott Casa Magna Cancun.
Sincerely
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I'm just getting back from another stay in Mexico but this time we finally got to stay in Cancun. We usually stay in Playa del Carmen. I figured we give Cancun a try. It was really nice. I love the fact that it was real shopping to do at La Isla shopping mall. We choose to stay a CasaMagna Marriot based on the reviews from previous guess. The resort itself is really nice. We paid for a garden view and received a ocean view. Very nice. The room itself was nice (can use a bit updating but nothing serious), the hotel isn't dirty so no one can complain about that. I seen them cleaning non stop. The employees are very nice. We received $50 credit for each day we were there which added up to $250. There is someone always there to help if you need assistance. Room service is 24 hrs, which is good because most hotels feed guest literally 3 times a day. Overall it was a nice resort and stay.

Stayed August 2014
Dear ImNaomi:
It is great to know that you choose Marriott CasaMagna for your first stay in Cancun! And the best part is that we don’t disappoint you! Nice to see you had the chance to go shopping! The hotel is very well located and with a bus stop close to the hotel main entrance, in 5 minutes you’re at La Isla Shopping Mall! Thanks so much for your warmest comments and hope we can welcome you again in next trips to Mexico.
Warmest Regards
Manuel Magaña / Hotel Manager

Been to CasaMagna Marriott Cancun? Share your experiences!