“Beautiful Beach - Awesome Pool - Expensive Gift Shop & Drinks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Cancun

You added CasaMagna Marriott Cancun to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Kukulcan, Retorno Chac L-41 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
40% Ocean + Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florissant, Missouri, United States
“Beautiful Beach - Awesome Pool - Expensive Gift Shop & Drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We absolutely loved the resort and all the ammenities. The service provided at the pool and beach was amazing but be prepared to drop a few dollars on a beer or specialty drink (about 3x more than you would at a resort in the states). We brought along our 2 year old but failed to bring any toys for the beach. The prices in the gift shop for a small sand bucket toy and a small bottle of milk was almost $25 USD. However, the room was amazing and beds were extremely comfortable. We were using Marriott Reward Points and didn't feel as though I received any less service than those who paid for their rooms. I would recommend this resort for childless travelers if staying for more than a couple days. The view of the ocean was amazing and the beaches were clear of dead grass and sea weeds.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms have an amazing view of the ocean
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at CasaMagna Marriott Cancun, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Rschu_2012
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, did you have time to try the Jacuzzi at the pool side? It is my favorite part of the hotel with a stunning view of the Caribbean Sea. Thanks so much for your feedback regarding the prices at the gift shop, we will immediately make a new analysis on pricing. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us; we treasure your comments and insight.
Hope we can welcome you again
Manuel Magaña/ Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from may 29- June 1 . When I arrived they hotel was out of double bed rooms so I was upgraded to a ocean front suite. The service was awesome and the rooms were very clean and nice. When ever I told the locals that we were staying at the Marriott casamagna they all said that it was the best hotel on the strip. Every at the hotel was pleasant even the door man. If I ever go back I would stay at this hotel for sure.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Latrice G :
I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay, and I really hope we have met your expectations, thanks so much for your wonderful comments . Hope we can welcome you again in a near future.
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This was our fourth time here, every stay has been great and we try different things each time. We were upgraded to a premium view room with no issues, bags arrived within five minutes and our special gift shortly thereafter.

Much has been said already about the property so I won't recap that but did want to spend time on some tips and thoughts:

- Private transfer from the airport to the hotel and back is worth every cent, no stops other than your hotel you are booked at. We used the service offered by the hotel for family(arriving later) and USA transfers for us and both were efficient as ever.
- We tried the Thai restaurant our last night and it was really good and had something for just about everyone.
- Taco bar down to the left towards the Grand Oasis called Blue Iguana was extra special, the menu was small but the food and drinks were terrific. It is pretty much a hut, but don't let that steer you away from trying it at least once.
- Went down towards the party zone and much has changed, Señor Frogs closed and moved across from Carlos and Charlie's in a much smaller venue. You will also notice more restaurants have closed due to the changing climate of hotels changing names and going all inclusive. Another reason we like the Marriott, we can explore and try new places but also help the local businesses.
- Half day tour of Tulum was spectacular, great transportation, guide and were back by 2:30 to sit by the pool.
- Rooms can get humid, as we always say bring a hanging Damp Rid and you will be shocked how much moisture it pulls out of the air. It also keeps your clothes fresh.
- Give Freds across the street a try, our meal there again was very good though the prices are high.
- Happy hour margaritas in the lobby bar were hand made with fresh juice and great to have before heading out to dinner.

I firmly believe you will enjoy this resort and they go out of their way to address any issues as soon as they occur. A very well ran resort/property.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Randy S:

I´m glad to know that you are a repetitive guest, so many thanks for your trust and loyalty in these 4 years. You mentioned that you tried our Specialty restaurant Sasi Thai , did you have any chance to dine with us at Mikado this time? We renew it a few months ago, hope you had time to see it!
We are looking forward to your next trip to our Cancun Resort
Manuel Magana / Hotel Manager
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Cancun is a funny place. When I stayed (mid-late April) it was just after Spring Break, so there were a lot of families but also a lot of young party goers as well - a strange mix. The hotel is exactly what I was looking for; Great pool, Beach views, well appointed, Great service. You can't fault any of it. The Concierge and front desk were very helpful
Some of the younger people in our hotel were complaining that they didn't get an "all-inclusive" hotel which were on offer and seemed quite vibrant throughout Cancun, however I was after a relaxing couple of days by the pool, on the beach, and away from the riff-raff. If this is what you're after, I definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the ocean!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear always_itchy_feet27:
I´m glad to read that our resort was just what you were searching for! The CasaMagna Marriott Cancun has a great location and this really allows you to access all areas of Cancun and Riviera Maya easily, and what can I say about the stunning beach views!! Thanks again for taking the time to connect with us
Please come back soon we will be happy to welcome you again.
Warmest Regards

Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Casamagna Marriott in Cancun.

The hotel is great. Clean and everything that you would expect from a Marriott. The staf was exceptional. Every staff member from the front desk to the waiters at the pool restaurant went out of their way to be courteous and efficient.

I would like to give a few pointers for anyone planning a stay at the Casamagna:

1 - If you can get the 4 nites for the price of 3 with a $50 USD credit for every night.

2 - If you need Pesos, the front desk rate is the very best anywhere.

3 - There is a convenience store just accross the street to stock up on sodas and even beer for your room. There is always plenty of ice available.

4 - Room service is excellent, especially for a lighter meal in the evening. If you want chicken fingers, check the children's menu.

5 - The shop in the hotel just down from the front desk has great coffee and things for a light breakfast like pastries and bagels that they will toast with cream cheese.

Have a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Seawolf1963:

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay, the hotel facilities, location and service. We appreciate your time in sharing your experience and tips to other travelers. I also thank you for your feedback about our employees; they work very hard and appreciate the recognition.
We hope to see you again in a near future.
Oxford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our stay included Memorial weekend for four nights. We chose the 4th night free with a $50 daily room credit. I am a Platinum rewards member and my husband and I were upgraded to a beautiful suite. We are repeat guests and it was my birthday. The hotel staff went all out to make my birthday special. The new a chief Concierge Mr. Rivera upgraded our room and Antonio who also works behind the concierge desk arranged transportation for us from the airport. Very special thanks to both of those gentlemen.
Manuel, one of our favorite bartenders at the pool bar made me a birthday drink on the house and when we went to La Isla down on the beach to order a late lunch. Victoriano had another drink waiting for me. After lunch the servers at La Isla brought me a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday. Everyone who works here is top notch.
When we retired back to the room after a long day of traveling and fun in the sun there was a knock on the door. A fruit and cheese tray with a bottle of wine was sent to me bythe Restaurant and Bar Director, Guillermo Canto who we've known sine he was a server at the Casa Magna years ago. Very special thanks to Mr. Canto for the lovely tray because we were so tired and that ended up being our dinner the first night.
We were so lucky to have Clara as a maid cleaning and straightening up our room every day. She made the most beautiful kissing swans out of towels and another cute little fish that was our toothbrush holder.
The new lounge chairs are so comfortable out by the pool and the pool is alway refreshing and the hot tub is so relaxing. We love this hotel and I know you will too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Patopti:
First of all, Happy birthday!!!! It is great to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our property and I really want to thank you for your loyalty and trust during these years. I´m glad to read that our Staff made your birthday special, I will let Mr. Rivera, Antonio, Victoriano, Clara and Guillermo Canto know about the wonderful comments you have made to them in this review. Glad you liked the brand new lounge chairs! For us is very important to keep the quality and comfort of our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you again
Warmest Regards
Merrick, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

First of all the check in process is bit slow. They have long wait lines for check in or for any customer service you require from the front desk.
We had got ocean view room mentioned in our expedia booking, but they said they have no rooms left and they gave us garden view and suggested that as we had 5 day stay, we can switch to ocean view room next day.
The hotel property is amazinnnnnnnnngg. Staff is friendly and cooperative.
The pool with a huge hot tub area was nice and we had great experiences at the outdoor areas we used, particularly at the beachfront bar/restaurant where the service was extremely attentive and friendly.

I cannot express in words the breakfast served at marriot, it is out of this world.

Me and my husband really loved each and every part of our stay.

We ate at Sedona which is actually at JW Marriott next door. We ate out side at the pool which was romantic.

The grounds are beautiful, the price was reasonable, the staff were very friendly, restaurants were great, and he beach is beautiful.

Room Tip: Surely book breakfast with this hotel, you wont be disapointed.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to CasaMagna Marriott Cancun? Share your experiences!