Just returned from a fabulous 5-day stay at the Casa Magna Marriott. From check-in to check-out, everything was outstanding.
- We booked the room direct from the Marriott web site and got a great rate for a "resort view" - $188/night + 4th night free + $50 per day resort credit ... works out to about $100 per night. We were considering some all inclusives - but they were in the $250 - 300 per night range. At the all-inclusives, you typically pay a big premium for endless amounts of mediocre buffet food and the priviledge to drink excessively.
- Prior to arrival, I sent an e-mail to the concierge requesting a higher level floor and mentioned it was our anniversary. They put us on the 3rd floor which had a huge balcony overlooking the JW Marriott pool and and a good view of the beach. They also adorned the room with rose petals and provided champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in honor of our anniversary - very nice touch.
- The room was good sized, with a king bed. Very clean and good amenities.
- The staff was wonderful - charming, friendly, and very accomodating.
- Great beach with plenty of chairs. It is in the middle of the hotel zone - not too crazy, not too isolated.
- Only one pool, but we never had a problem finding a poolside chair.
- Restaurants and bars were all good - perhaps a bit expensive, but the $50 resort credit helped to ease the sting a bit. We had dinners at Sasi Thai and Sendona Grill (next door at JW Marriott - and you can charge to your room). Breakfast at LaCapilla or the lobby coffee shop. Lunch was usually at the beach and pool bars. We did leave the resort for a handful of meals - sometimes walking, sometimes taking the bus.
- Check out is noon and our flight home was not until 6pm. We were able to store our luggage with the bellman, hang out for another four hours, and use the spa to shower and change before we headed to the airport.
Overall, Great experience, highly recommend, and I would consider returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Paradise. Powder soft sand and sparkling turquoise seas beckon travelers to the heart of the Mexican Caribbean and Marriott’s CasaMagna Cancun Resort. A legendary locale perfectly matched with Marriott’s commitment to service satisfies adventurous souls seeking to explore ruins or searching for serenity in the shadows of an ancient empire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your CasaMagna Marriott Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Casamagna Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Marriott Cancun
- Cancun Marriott