“Wonderful - Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Cancun

You added CasaMagna Marriott Cancun to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Kukulcan, Retorno Chac L-41 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
40% Ocean + Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful - Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just returned from a fabulous 5-day stay at the Casa Magna Marriott. From check-in to check-out, everything was outstanding.
- We booked the room direct from the Marriott web site and got a great rate for a "resort view" - $188/night + 4th night free + $50 per day resort credit ... works out to about $100 per night. We were considering some all inclusives - but they were in the $250 - 300 per night range. At the all-inclusives, you typically pay a big premium for endless amounts of mediocre buffet food and the priviledge to drink excessively.
- Prior to arrival, I sent an e-mail to the concierge requesting a higher level floor and mentioned it was our anniversary. They put us on the 3rd floor which had a huge balcony overlooking the JW Marriott pool and and a good view of the beach. They also adorned the room with rose petals and provided champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in honor of our anniversary - very nice touch.
- The room was good sized, with a king bed. Very clean and good amenities.
- The staff was wonderful - charming, friendly, and very accomodating.
- Great beach with plenty of chairs. It is in the middle of the hotel zone - not too crazy, not too isolated.
- Only one pool, but we never had a problem finding a poolside chair.
- Restaurants and bars were all good - perhaps a bit expensive, but the $50 resort credit helped to ease the sting a bit. We had dinners at Sasi Thai and Sendona Grill (next door at JW Marriott - and you can charge to your room). Breakfast at LaCapilla or the lobby coffee shop. Lunch was usually at the beach and pool bars. We did leave the resort for a handful of meals - sometimes walking, sometimes taking the bus.
- Check out is noon and our flight home was not until 6pm. We were able to store our luggage with the bellman, hang out for another four hours, and use the spa to shower and change before we headed to the airport.
Overall, Great experience, highly recommend, and I would consider returning.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor has oversize balcony. Our "Resort View" overlooked JW Marriott and had a nice vi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
Brookline, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here for two months. Very polite staff, spacious, grand location, ate at the Argentinian restaurant, great food. I was here for Christmas eve and ordered room service as you had to make reservations at all the restaurants in advance and I didn't feel like I missed out. Great food delivered to my room on a nice linen lined table with all the amenities. Really felt like I had the restaurant in my hotel room which was overlooking the beach. I went to bed lulled by the sound of waves. I have stayed here in the past where we had breakfast buffet in the morning and it was wonderful. Enjoyed the beach, pool and the workout rooms the 6 times I stayed here, 2 months in a row.It really felt like home away from home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The room we had was not ocean front but had a nice ocean view slightly to the side. All of the rooms have balconies which is very nice. There is not a coffee maker in the room so to avoid the very pricey coffee in the gift shop I called housekeeping and got an electric tea pot and cups to make our own instant Via (or tea). The room itself was fine though a bit crowded. Good bed, air conditioning etc. We had no issues with noise or housekeeping. They respected the privacy sign. Wifi in the room is pricey-$90USD for the week. We found the lunch at the pool to be very good. If you want, you can go to the 7-11 and get beer cans for $14MD vs $75MD at the pool bar and water for $7MD vs $55MD. The gift shop has very tasty empanadas and muffins. Restaurant wise, I'd avoid Champions. Very noisy and my burger was like a puck. Our best meal was at the Sedona Grill at the JW. Next time I will get the package that includes breakfast. I was told that it is excellent but $25USD per person. I would go back to this hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were met with a very loud contingent that came from Detroit... Anyway they were everywhere and yelling at the top of there lungs off the balcony.. I was there for 2 weeks. i walked down and spoke very calmly to the concierge. He instructed me to return to my room and pack. They would be upgrading me to a Caribbean ocean Front suite.... For Free... Yes.. the contingent left 2 days later and I had a Beautiful suite for the rest of my stay.... It pays to be calm and nice to the Concierge....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

First clean out your refrigerator, and set it aside if you don't like over paying. Go to wal mart on the bus line or across the street at mini mart. There is no coffee maker in the rooms which surprised me. You can go down to the coffee shop, but I just love to sit on my balcony in the morning and enjoy my coffee. So I went to Wal Mart and purchased a small coffee pot and coffee, worth it not to have to get dressed and go down stairs.
The hotel is very clean and great service just a little pricey, but there are so many options near by you don't have to stay at the hotel.
The outdoor hot tub was a highlight for us, we met so many nice people and it was just beautiful!
Plenty of chairs and umbrellas, towels were huge and fresh.
One complaint we had was how many people knock on your door. Every morning they came to check the mini bar and every morning we have to get up and let them in. I just hated that, we had everything out and in bags but they still had to come in everyday and check. The turn down at night was so late we were already in for the night and have to go open the door and thank her for coming but didn't need her. Not that I needed the turn down but why wouldn't you come when the guest probably would be out for dinner? The housekeeper would come after noon and we would be coming back from the beach 4 out of the seven days we had to sit in the lobby until she finished. I just wanted my room back some days. I was very frustrated a few times with how many people would knock on the door, and one time they just opened it before I could get to it. There just has to be a better system to that.
I would stay here again it was a great location and great service.
The fitness center is great, everything seemed to be working and clean. Towels and water were there for you to use.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the ocean, the far end you really don't have a great view of water.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brasil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Really felt at my own Casa.
Employees were really polite during the entire stay.
Booked the room trough the Marriott web page and got a good deal with breakfast included.

The hotel in general: very big hotel, classy stile, facing the blue Caribbean ocean.
The Hotel has a very big pool and a hot tub. Plenty of chairs by the pool and also at the beach. There's a wet bar in the pool for drinks and there's also a small kids pool nearby.

I noted that the hotel has all kinds of public. Singles, couples, kids, teenagers, retired, people on business...

Food: Breakfast is amazing. I have stayed in several hotels in many different places but this was the best ever! So many options and everything I tried was really good. Also, breakfast is available until 11 am, a plus when you're on vacation and don't want to wake up too early.
The hotel is not all included and we only had dinner once at the sports bar. Ambiance and service were ok... Mexican food was good, but a little expensive if compared to other places. Didn't feel like returning.
We also ordered Mexican appetizers by the pool a different night and those were really good.
Drinks at the wet bar by the pool: cost about 18 used each. Tried a few, but the best one is the mojito!
There's a seven eleven and a McDonald's on the other side of the street in front of the hotel... If you want to by snacks. There is also a small store at the hotel lobby that also sells snacks, water, etc.

Room: we got a room that was not ocean front... Even being on the side of the hotel (facing the JW) we got a very spacious balcony with a beautiful view to the blue ocean.
Double beds, big screen tv, spacious bedroom and bathroom!

Spa: tried one of the relaxing massages, which costs about 120 usd for 1h. There's a sauna that you can use as well. I really expected more from the ambiance and massage itself. Would not do it again.

Location: ocean front, on the sand... Perfect. The sea in Cancun is crystal clear... Photos can't show how beautiful it is. The water in front of the hotel has a few waves. I particularly prefer a very calm ocean (went to Isla mujeres for that). Great sunrise.
The hotel is located on the same avenue as most hotels and resorts in Cancun. By taxi, it's 25 minutes to the airport, 20 minutes to CocoBongo and all other bars on that area, 20 min to the place where u take the boat to Isla Mujeres and 10 minutes to the mall. Taxi cost about 30 usd to the airport and 15 to CocoBongo.
The bus is very convenient. Just outside of the hotel there is a bus stop and there are buses almost every 5 minutes. Cost is 95 pesos (1 usd). Cheaper, practical and safe. We took the bus several times!

Marriott quality. Great place to be in Cancun. I would definitely stay here again. Things to consider: most hotels in Cancun are all inclusive and this hotel does not have that option. We ended up spending in food and drinks the same as we would pay for an all inclusive hotel... But we are not heavy drinkers... The advantage is that we got to eat outside of the hotel and know different places. However, if you plan on drinking a lot... Or eating all the time... I believe that a hotel with an all inclusive option would be a better deal.

• Stayed January 2014
Celebration, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at CasaMagna for a few days on our honeymoon. The room was spotless and came with the usual amenities. The front desk assigned us a great room with a great view. The service is top notch. The breakfast buffet is the best I've ever had but you will pay for it. We only did it a couple times on our trip. There is a 7 Eleven convenience store near the hotel that you can get drinks and snacks to keep in your room so you don't have to be paying for them at the hotel where they are much more pricier. Definitely try the nachos down by the pool. Sasa Thai has good chicken pad thai, we weren't sure if it would be as good as we were hoping but it was very good. Bring $$ to pay for food. A soda down by the pool will cost you over $4 and other drinks even more.
CasaMagna is also a 5 minute bus ride from the mall where there is restaurants, starbucks, movie theaters. The bus ride cost 9.5 pesos each way. We like venturing out of the hotel from time to time for a good cup of coffee or a meal.
All in all we had a great stay at CasaMagna.

Room Tip: Try the breakfast buffet at least once!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to CasaMagna Marriott Cancun? Share your experiences!