“casa magna the very best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CasaMagna Marriott Cancun

Save Saved
You added CasaMagna Marriott Cancun to your Saves list
CasaMagna Marriott Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Kukulcan, Retorno Chac L-41 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #22 of 174 hotels in Cancun
Boston, Massachusetts
“casa magna the very best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We just returned from the beautiful and wonderful casa magna. Everything was 5 star .we espescially wamt tp thank our co-padre Len ortiz at the door for a special time. The people at the spa at the front desk housekeeping the mojitas It was my wifes birthday and our anniversary and they really know how to celebrate. again thank Casa Magna for the most wonderful time and by the way the thai food is excellent Alan and Maria Boston

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

2,082 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have just returned back to the UK after a 9 night stay at Marriott CasaMagna.

We pre booked transfers via email with Prestige. They were outside and waiting for us. It was painless and quick. Even so, as we came out of the terminal we were hounded by sales people trying to fool us to believe they would check us in with Prestige as they wanted to sit us down and sell to us. Walk right past them like we did!

At the hotel check in was quite simple and friendly and we were in our room within 10 mins. We arrived on a late flight to Cancun at around 10pm.

We were booked into a Premium Ocean Deluxe view room. The room was spacious, very clean and well presented. Balcony was nice and bathroom was great. Hot clean water and the shower was fantastic. We were on the 5th floor and the view was quite good. I dont think there was anything too 'premium' about the ocean view as all the ocean facing rooms were simply 'ocean facing' anyway. Regardless the view was nice and straight down below was the pool area and to the side the ocean.

The lifts are ok. The closer you are to the ocean the longer the walk you will have to go downstairs. There are only 2 lifts on each side of the hotel. You will find it hard to navigate around the lifts as the numbers in the lift do not work and when doors open it isnt clearly signed which floor you are at.

The pool area is fantastic. The prices for drinks are typical of a hotel however there is a oxxo and 7-11 opposite the hotel that you can bring your own. It is 50 peso for a soft drink can at the hotel and 9 peso at the oxxo shop. No wonder the shops were always so full of tourists stocking up. Even water is so much cheaper at the oxxo, 13 peso for a massive bottle.

Poolside service is good for ordering food. Very quick and efficient. The pool itself is massive and the attached hot tub is great. You could easily fit 30 people in there. Both appeared clean and tidy. People stayed in the pool until well after 9pm.

The beach is clean and has its own food and bar area under the pool area. Water is clear and sand feels great. There is a lifeguard on duty during the day as well. The water was a bit choppy on a few of the days we were there so didn't go too far in. But overall again cannot complain. It was great.

Wifi at the hotel is quite bad. It is limited to the lobby area and every so often would stop working or would not connect for about 10 - 15 mins. The lobby was really only busy because of wifi users.

Being vegetarian naturally we thought we would struggle for food, but this isnt the case as room service let us change some dishes. The Gustino Italian at JW next door was also great and the chef made us some fantastic veg dishes which were not on the menu. It is conveniently located next door. JW is inter connected to CasaMagna. There is also a fantastic mexican restaurant down the road called Sisal, as the Marriot doesnt have any mexican restaurants which is a big shame.

We pre booked breakfast during the stay and it has fantastic intercontintal choices available. Staff are great. You will be stuffed until late afternoon with the amount of food you can eat!

I read someone else here having problems with their room key. I had exactly the same issue on 3 occassions. It was never in contact with phone or keys but still kept failing which was annoying as kept having to go back downstairs where I was ID checked to get the key re programmed.

Conciege and all staff are very helpful and pleasant. Always happy to help if asked. They are a compliment to the hotel and marriott brand.

Traveling around the hotel is easy and there is a bus service for 8.5 pesos taking you pretty much anywhere on the hotelzone strip. Dont waste money on taxis. The bus service was safe and very quick.

The hotel has a turtle conservation program on the beach every few nights and the staff running it are knowledgable. Make sure you find out which days they are doing the turtle release as it is an exciting experience no matter how old you are.

Overall we gave it 4 stars because of the key issue, lifts and wifi which we all just a little inconvenient during our stay. But would still recommend to anyone. I am sure the key issue probably doesnt happen to everyone. Great hotel to stay at.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Perfect hotel to spend nights and have a great time in Cancun, maybe 2 or more days to spend in hotel and it beach, other days in Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum, Chichen-Itza, other places.

Hotel has a great buffet for breakfast, like other hotels in Cancun.
Not for all-inclusive, actually I do not recommend all-inclusive in Cancun.
My family and I feel very secure in the hotel and Cancun.

Room Tip: Ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

CasaMagna is way better in person than in pictures! Great staff; welcoming and most of them are always willing to go the extra mile and with a very sincere smile!! we had quite a few people to thank although most of them were just amazing!! Just to name a few: Claudio, Lazaro, Leonardo, Luis, Jonathan (borrowed from JW) and most of the busboys in La Capilla. Consuelo our housekeeper, Emmy, and most of the peole in the front desk, Jorge with the Bell Boys, Antonio with Concierge, and I could go on and on!! (you get the idea...right?)
good value! I will go back again and again!!! (happy we got the breakfast option included, and if you have more than 2 ppl ... order a la carte or choose the healthy buffet option if you are a light eater or traveling on a budget) hope this was helpful!!! enjoy the beautiful Cancun!!!!

Room Tip: room with ocean view is worthy!! (even if is partial) choose room on 3rd floor since patio is bigger...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was an amazing trip! I LOVE Mexico! My second trip to Mexico and I am absolutely blown away. The service here is above and beyond. I would love to go back anytime. The pool and beach are perfect. The rooms are very nice. I love the layout and ease of getting around the property. The food is awesome!!! My first trip to Mexico was nice but the food sucked. I was blown away! The Pool food and the Steak house were my favorites :) I hope to return again soon!

Room Tip: You can go wrong. I had a lagoon view and it was still amazing. We were on the 4th floor. Don't...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at Marriott for 4 nights. It was my second time staying in Cacun and I definitely liked the stay at Marriott better than my previous hotel. We stayed at the largest suite that was on the 3rd floor. AMAZING view of the ocean with great privacy. Everything was great except 2 things: 1. The wifi signal was Weak in my room. 2. The snack shop was ridiculously expensive. (I guess that's expected for resort.) Room service was nice. The drinks at the swim up bar was great. I doubt that I will go back to Cancun, but if I do, then I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My boyfriend really wanted to stay at an all-inclusive, but I haven't had great experiences with them, and we landed in this place. It was a great hotel. We got a great view, pretty high up, and everything was clean and tidy as I would expect from the Marriott brand. The small shop downstairs was great for coffee, and the pool and volleyball courts were fun, and we found friends to play with. If you are looking for somewhere to stay that isn't an all-inclusive I'd highly recommend this gem!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to CasaMagna Marriott Cancun? Share your experiences!