When we arrived at the hotel, we were a little concerned because the outside of this hotel looked very dated and unattractive. However, the minute we walked through the doors, all of our concerns were eliminated. This hotel is gorgeous inside with a very grand "Mexican/South American" decor. We booked the AAA rate for an Ocean View room with Breakfast but we were offered an upgrade to a suite during the check in process for an additional $30. We have no idea what our original room would have looked like or, where it would have been located but, the suite was ocean "front" with a small living room, bedroom, foyer and, large deck. The bathroom was the only small draw back as it was really tiny but, it had a really nice shower.
We had lunch at the Champion Bar which was really good (better than the states), dinner at the Thai restaurant (food was FANTASTIC) and, breakfast in the Argentina Restaurant (can't remember what they call it for breakfast). Breakfast was also very good with lots of options including an omelet bar.
I read one review where the guy said he was able to obtain a Prestige transfer to hotel for only $14 each way. I called the hotel to see if they had shuttle service but was told no and, no mention of the Prestige option. We paid $40 for a Taxi! My only recommendation for this Hotel is to include this information on their web site or, be more explicit.
The location of hotel is central to shopping within about a 15 minute walk.
We only stayed one night as we had a week booked at an all inclusive resort but we would definitely go back to this hotel and, highly recommend it!
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Casamagna Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Marriott Casamagna Cancun Hotel
- Marriott Cancun
- Cancun Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Paradise. Powder soft sand and sparkling turquoise seas beckon travelers to the heart of the Mexican Caribbean and Marriott’s CasaMagna Cancun Resort. A legendary locale perfectly matched with Marriott’s commitment to service satisfies adventurous souls seeking to explore ruins or searching for serenity in the shadows of an ancient empire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your CasaMagna Marriott Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.