“slice of heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa

You added JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa to your Saves list
JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Kukulkan, Km 14.5 | Lote 40-A, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
new york
“slice of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel was awesome! They have their own transportation service which is great. I used their transportation to and from the airport and on some random excursions. The rooms are nice and clean. I stayed in a premium room on a higher floor and the view was spectacular! The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was really nice and spacious. The minibar was large enough to accommodate some of my own drinks and food that I had brought along. The staff was very welcoming and helpful in all aspects during my stay. The only problem I encountered during my stay, was that the volume on the ipod dock didn't seem to work. When I mentioned it to the front desk, it was immediately replaced. I was really impressed by the service there! The spa was beautiful. A very relaxing experience. The pool area is stunning! It was definitely the best thing in the whole place! They have 3 pools that are all beautiful and well kept. The most popular pool was the infinity pool that overlooks the beach. What a view! I could have stayed at the pool all day! I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Cancun!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear robin3NewYork:
It´s great to know that we exceed your expectations! And that our facilities and service was what you expected and deserve!!! Very nice that you enjoyed your room, and the views from there… awesome don’t you think? I truly believe we own one of the best beaches in Cancun Hotel Zone; thanks so much for noticing our staff, it really makes me proud to answer a lot of trip advisor reviews that mentioned the excellent service of the JW Marriott Cancun Staff. I will be more than happy to host you again in your next trip to Cancun.
Manuel Magaña / Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
Avon, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had an outstanding stay at this hotel Aug12-16. Every hotel staff we came across was courteous, helpful, and friendly. The pool area is beautiful and there is an excellent indoor spa for adults with a very large hot tub. The service we received was the best we have ever experienced. I have a teenage son with a severe peanut allergy and the chef from every single restaurant came to our table to make certain he was safe with his food choices. They were very accommodating in preparing something different for him and were very aware of consequences of food allergies. My son is 19 and this was the best we have ever experienced in terms of his allergies as we have travelled extensively. This hotel in connected to Casa Magna Marriott, which gives you more restaurant options. We ate at all of the restaurants of both hotels and did not have a bad meal. If you are going to Cancun, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear masspjm:
I´m so happy that we exceed your expectations! As you mentioned our staff strive every day to create unique experiences for all off our guests, thanks so much for noticing them I’m sure they will appreciate the recognition. Regarding your son, all off our F&B staff is trained in food allergies and they are aware of consequences , as I mention before our only concern is our guests, I ´m very glad that you visited all of our restaurants and that everything was great!
Thank so much for choosing JW Marriott and it will be a pleasure to host you and your family again.
Best Regards
Clifton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My wife and I visited Aug 10-15 to celebrate 18yrs married. I never been to Cancun before. The ride from the airport was only 15 minutes. You have to get Prestige car service. Order your ride the day before you arrive. It's only $16 pp. the cab is like $50 ride.
Arrived at the hotel and rooms were ready at 12pm, so early check in was awesome. The rooms were very clean and the view from the balcony was astounding. Now I must warn you. The beds are so comfortable, you will not want to get out of them. Best rest I had in ages at a hotel. The staff is very friendly and they know the area when it comes to venturing out.
Wifi in the rooms is a bit pricey in my opinion, but the free wifi in lobby and around the pool area is worth using instead of n the room.
If you love the pool there are two of them. One for the family and a adult pool where kids are forbidden. I loved that because it was so peaceful on that side.
The dollar bus runs up and down the strip. There's a lot of restaurants in the area if you don't want to stay on site to eat.
Now I will fill you in on this Club 91. I personally didn't like it. If you are a healthy eater then this may be for you. The selection of food at breakfast time is limited compared to the choices in Sedona Grill. Lunch was even worst for us inClub 91. It was an array of salads, a choice of a sandwich, and a few pastries. For $150 a day I just felt I needed more of a selection. We signed up for a day to test it out. But by lunch time I was asking for a refund. They charged us $50 for breakfast and returned the rest. That was my only negative for me. Before you sign for it ask to see their menu or a walk thru of the location to SEE the food laid out. If you're a big eater this won't work for you. You are not allowed to take any food with you, just soda or water.
I plan on going back to Cancun again and JW will be a place I recommend and will stay at again.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a ocean view. No bad one. It was quiet nights.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marvin S:
Congratulations for your 18th Anniversary! Thanks for letting us be part of this great celebration. Glad to know that this was your first time in Cancun and you Choose JW Marriott Cancun!!! I´m happy to know that you enjoyed staying with us, is nice to see that you have the time to relax at our adult’s pool. Regarding the Club 91 I’m sorry to read that you don’t like it so much but I’m glad that Sedona Grill Buffet was what you expected. It will be a pleasure to host you again in your next trip to Cancun.
Sincerely
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

After spending the first 8 days of a 10 day trip (wife and two kids [ages 5 and 7]) in a couple of different locales in PDC and Puerto Aventuras, a stay at the JW Marriott was exactly what we needed after long flights, argumentative children and not-so-great service.

Unlike other resorts---particularly one--- that we stayed in during this trip, we were welcomed instantly upon arrival. Everyone---from the bell person to the front desk to the pool servers---were congenial, pleasant, engaging and friendly!!!! We absolutely loved the customer service aspect that the Marriott provided.

*The rooms were top notch and provided peace and quiet. The beds and pillows were comfortable. *The pool and beach areas were well maintained and safe. And, beautiful to look at throughout the day. Although others may have mentioned this, I did not experience the beach chair saving rituals on this stay. We easily got a set of 4 chairs each morning. *The pool side food was great albeit on the expensive side. Yet, worth every penny. The burgers were really tasty. Again, the service was excellent. They actually engaged in nice, friendly conversation with our children. *The location of our room was right next to the second set of elevators closest to the pool and beach area. Regardless of floor, you may want to request for a room with low digits to take advantage of this. *One of the best gift shops in recent memory. Not only to they sell souvenirs (obviously), but they sell great made to order snacks and sandwiches, paninis and dessert items.

If I had one gripe, it was the check in time. They seem stead fast on checking you in at 4:00 pm on the dot. We arrived via taxi from the Puerto Aventuras area at 2:00 pm. By this time in the day, I was tired and cranky and just wanted to get into a room. After signing up for the rewards card and check-in process, I was informed that the room wouldn't be ready for 2 hours. Really?
So, we hangout at the pool for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. I make my way back to the front desk and they tell me to come back in 15 minutes. Pretty frustrating. This being said, everything else the Marriott had to offer made up for this one annoyance.

Overall, just a wonderful stay. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a five star experience.

Room Tip: If you want to get to the pool and beach quickly, request a room with low end numbers (ex- 1001,1102...
Dear rjlovestotravel:
It is nice to read that you and your family enjoyed staying at JW Marriott Cancun, and that our service and facilities were what you expected and deserve. Thanks so much for noticing our staff, they work really hard each day and try to create unique experiences to all of our guests, I´m sure they will appreciate this recognition. As you mentioned we have a Gift Shop at the hotel that opens from 6 am to 10 pm every day and let me tell you something, right there you will fine the best chocolate chip cookies… they are my guilty pleasure! Regarding the check in process I really appreciate your feedback and I will personally work with front desk team to found a way to improve this process. Hope we can welcome you again.
Best Regards,
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We have visited this property three times and have had an excellent time each visit. This is a perfect locations for couples, friends or Family. The amenities are great. The pool is fantastic and the beach is even better.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dan T:
Third time? Wow!!! Thanks so much for your preference and loyalty in these 3 years, I´m so pleased to know that we continue to exceeding your expectations, hope we can host you again for fourth time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights in April while our son was out on Spring Break. There was an amazing deal we booked that included breakfast. Each morning we thoroughly enjoyed the wide range of juices and numerous food stations to choose between. Definitely try to book with breakfast included as it was expensive otherwise. The pools were not overcrowded, and the lounge chairs were easy to obtain. We came and went throughout the day without issue. The hotel helped make reservations for meals, but did not do a good job with activities. We were forced to work with multiple brokers who were not pleasant. Overall we had a great stay and would return quickly!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shawn G:
I´m so happy you got that amazing deal with the breakfast included, I´m pleased to know you enjoyed our breakfast buffet at Sedona Grill, and let me tell you that I’m so proud of Sedona´s buffet because has become one of the best Breakfast Buffet in Cancun Hotel Zone ! I´m sorry to read that you experienced different service levels during your stay, we always try to provide excellent service to our guests unfortunately will not able to achieve this with you, hope you can give us another opportunity to serve you in further trips to Cancun.
Warmest Regards
Vernon Hills, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I cannot say enough about the incredible time we had last week at the Marriott Cancun Resort.
Our stay began with a fantastic celebration for my wife's birthday, which Dominic Esposito put together from my email request. Dominic's staff, especially Edgar and Jorge of the Mikado, and the Pastry Chef Fermin, went way beyond our expectations with providing a memorable evening.

The Resort is an incredible place to stay, with wonderful accommodations surrounding a spectacular pool, along with an amazing ocean view.

We are not sure when we will go back to Cancun, but when we do, we know where we will stay.

Dear CPAJeff:

First of all thanks for choosing JW Marriott Cancun for your vacations and Mikado Restaurant to celebrate your wife´s Birthday with your family. Thanks for noticing Dominic, Edgar, Jorge and Fermin, I will personally let them know about the wonderful comments you have made on this review. Thanks for taking the time in share your great experience with us and I hope we can welcome you and your family next year again.
Best Regards
Manuel Magaña / Hotel Manager

Been to JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!