I am a Marriott Platinum member and have stayed at many JW's and full service Marriott's across the globe for work. So I have a good idea of what to expect at a JW. This resort has very nice grounds, pool area, beach, and lobby area. However, the decor of the rooms and hallways are dated and in need of an update. And the beach chairs are very cheap. I know this sounds like I'm nit picking but trust me, you'll agree when you sit in them. The service was very good but not quite 5 star level. We opted for club 91. Feel it was worth the extra money if you do not want gourmet food. Convenient for getting water, sodas, and juices without being charged every time. We did have a few dinners and lunches off property. Everything is pricey at this hotel but you should expect that for a resort. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and will return. In my opinion, a 5 star hotel needs to have the "wow" factor across the board for everything. Not quite there at this hotel. Tip: Take the R2 bus into town and load up on snacks, and alcohol. There is Wal Mart in the center of Cancun where the bus stops and a liquor store across the street. You will save a lot of money. Very easy and safe. Approximately 1us dollar for bus each way. Request a refrigerator in room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott