This review is very late as we travelled in December 2011. We are going again now in fall so I thought I should write about this trip.
This was our 1st trip to Cancun and needless to day we love with the blue waters and the white beaches. The hotel is a solid 5 star...and lives upto the JW name and class. It is inter connected with their sister resort Marriott Casamagna so you can eat in any restaurant without going too far.
We had a 1 bedroom premium oceanfront suite, and that means you are actually right on the beach! We wanted to be a away from the noise of the pool and this was perfect! Just make sure you get a 8 or higher floor room since the balconies are practically on the sand, it can be very noisy from the beach too.
The food was wonderful in all restaurants especially the Asian one,but a little on the expensive side. But what to expect,it's the Marriott. The poolside food was awesome....huge portions so you don't mind paying more. The drinks superb,not watered down at all,and the service prompt. We were mostly by the kids pools area,so never had any problem getting pool chairs.
The pools are awesome....they are long and winding like a river with one end being the kids area and the other end an infinity pool right in front of the beach. The infinity pool is adults only.
There is a convenience store and a McDonald's a 2 min walk from the hotel and we did stock up on water,snacks and drinks from there. Don't use the water bottles from the hotel...they are super expensive.
All in all,it was a wonderful and memorable stay and a great introduction to this magical land that we are hooked onto for life now !
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Marriott Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun
- Cancun Marriott
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.