Overall the JW is a nice property and you get the feel of a 5 diamond when you walk in. We arranged transportation form the airport and it was on time and quick. Nice driver...advise this as the way to go. When checking in the front desk was somewhat cordial but didn't get the warm fuzzy as I have with the Ritz. The bellman on the other hand was great. Showed us around the hotel on the way to our suite. Once there made sure the room was satisfactory and it was. Great suite with large wrap around deck area right on the ocean. The temperature of the room and cleanliness while there was excellent. We would leave a note with a request and when we came back it was done.
One area that was below standards were the restaurants at both the JW and Marriott. We ate in the Sedona Grill, Japanese, Thai and Champions. We should have eaten off property...it was that unsatisfying. My wife ordered a dish with lobster at the Sedona Grill and sent it back twice as it was well over cooked and rubbery. At the Japanese restaurant the food was overcooked. I had filet and it was cooked well done and the vegetables were well overcooked. Needless to say this was a real bummer and all we anticipated was staying property- no buses, taxus- just great service and good. Well the food let us down but the service did not. In spite of the food the knowledge care and attention we received from the staff was excellent Whoever is in charge of training the service staff at this hotel is very good.
The adult poolis great. It's peaceful with no loud music and great service. Drinks are pricy but view and service offset the premium.We were there at the end of the January and the heated pool was warm enough to swim.
End of the story- great property, beautiful ocean, friendly and exceptional service, bad food
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jetsetter, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott