The J.W. Marriott surprised us with its top notch service, competent concierge team, and seemingly relentless desire to please. As an Platinum Elite member of the Marriott Rewards program, my partner and I have traveled to many places across the globe, staying at some of the best Marriott branded properties. We have been to several cities and properties in Mexico but not Cancun. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the JW Marriott Cancun. The staff were impressively knowledgable and eager to share what they know about the area.
Club 91 is an absolute bargain and a must-do. The quality of the food amazed us. Our first two days of our seven night vacation was less than stellar with resort restaurant prices not worthy of the quality of the food in two of the restaurants we tried in Cancun. We decided to join Club 91 on day three, for US $125 daily per room, my partner and I moved to a room on the top floor where we had access to breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, open bar in the evenings and dessert, all served in the private concierge lounge on the 14th floor with amazing Caribbean Sea views and concierge staff whose every ambition seems to be to create the best experience possible. The dinner "presentations" each evening were of the seven different restaurants that are part of the Marriott resorts on Cancun. The tapas or small plate presentations gave us the opportunity to taste a variety of delicious entrees each evening. Truly amazing and delicious every morning breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and dessert!
We will definitely return to the JW Marriott Cancun!
PS: As for feeling welcomed as a gay couple, the staff of the Marriott treated us like every other couple there. It was nice to see a few other same-sex couples among the guests too. Great job Marriott for knowing what inclusion of everyone is all about!
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Marriott Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun
- Cancun Marriott
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.