We are staying here for a short three night break. This hotel is in the middle of the zona hotellera at 14.5km. It looks impressive and has a nice spacious lobby with passageway leading to the Marriot Casa Magna next door. There is a bar with a live singer at night. It wouldn't do to be too thirsty, though as you will have a long wait. There are restaurants but we only had breakfast and so cannot comment on the food there. (There is a great fish restaurant opposite Casa Magna called Fred's I really recommend). The breakfast is good with plenty of choice, from asian to mexican and continental. There is an egg station for a wide choice of egg dishes too. They also serve a decent cup of coffee.
There is a little shop selling daily needs along with pottery, clothing etc. the gym is very good with plenty of machines and plenty of towels, water and a juice bar. Cannot comment on the spa as its not my thing. There is a lot which should be right, but somehow, isn't. The atmosphere is staid and lacking life. There is more life next door and it feels more modern, which it is, as it is newer.
Our bathroom is lovely with lots of polished travertine, glass and light wood. It is also very spacious. The bedroom is in need of modernisation. It is fine, but not up to the bathroom. We have a balcony facing the ocean for which we happily paid extra. We have made more use of this than we thought as the weather is not good and the balcony is sheltered. There are several pools, but one of the largest, under our room is being repaired.
There is an option to pay extra for Club 91 for an all inclusive deal, I am glad we didn't do this as there are many good restaurants near by.
if you want to come to a nice hotel, swim in the pool, be near walking distance of good restaurants and have a very quiet night in, this could fit the bill.
In all, a good hotel but would we come back, no way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott