“Expensive but well worth it” 5 of 5 stars

998 840-6466
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fred's House & Seafood Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 549 restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining style: Casual Dining
Moultonborough, New Hampshire
“Expensive but well worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Great time and were treated royally from the beginning to the end. Amazing appetizers which consisted of lobster, shrimp and clams. We were stuffed and enjoyed our after dinner drinks as well. Can't say enough about the food, service and ambience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
  • Korean first
Cancun, Mexico
“Food is very good, price is outrageous”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I eat out frequently and probably spend more than we should on this guilty pleasure. We hadn't been to Fred's since it opened and decided to grab a lunch there during our busy work day. The location, service, staff was all top notch. The redecoration of this place is lovely. My biggest complaint comes regarding the prices. We had lunch with a bottle of Perrier, no alcohol at all as we were working and our bill was almost $1,100 pesos or $88 dollars. The food was good but simply not worth that kind of money for a lunch without alcohol. We had appetizer of tostadas, he had lobster tacos and I had crab lasagna. We shared a dessert. Unfortunately, this restaurant doesn't appear to have a lunch menu or if they do they didn't bring one over. Again, food was good but I had heard it was pricey and boy was it ever. I don't believe we'll be going back even though its a very nice place. FYI - it appears the tosadas are every bit hte same as the ones I used to eat at Shrimp Bucket (I understand they are the same owners) and we paid at leave half of what they are charging now at Freds.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Best service and seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I always find it amazing how it's hard to find a good margarita and seafood in Mexico. Well, let it be known I have found one of the best places for service and seafood in Cancun.

We ate ate Fred's House & Seafood Market and were treated like loyalty. Amazing food choices for every eater. In addition to great food and service they provided a huge assortment of little food items to enjoy while waiting with several options to "dip" them in.

I was a bit saddened as the tuna sashimi seemed to have been previously frozen. If not previously frozen (though I believe it was) it was at the very least "pre" prepared. I know this because I asked if I could get half salmon and half tuna and was told no because it was already packaged that way.

Outside of that the food was filling, big portions and worth the price (seeing how every meal is about $40 in Cancun). We recommended it to several tourists while we were there.

Visited January 2014
MD
“Pricey but good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a great seafood restaurant. We spent $240 including tip for two people (appetizers, soup and seafood meal, dessert, no wine). Although it's pricey, you won't walk away hungry and the food is very, very good. Try the apple pizza for dessert (big enough for two!). The seafood grill for two is filling and excellent (your get lobster, fish, shrimps, scallops and octopus on a large plate for $100). Again pricey but good.

The ambiance is outstanding, eat outside if you can, and the wait staff is excellent.

Visited January 2014
Miami, Florida
“Best oysters on the pennisula”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

If you love great seafood, Fred's is the place. The oysters are fantastic and the seafood is always fresh. This restaurant has plenty of tables but if you want to see the sunset be sure to ask in advance for a table on the terrace. If you want romance (there is no sunset view here) ask for a palapa outside. It's so private you feel like your dining alone. Enjoy

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere