“Great fishing for baby tarpon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cancun Tarpon Fishing Light Tackle & Fly Fishing Tours

Cancun Tarpon Fishing Light Tackle & Fly Fishing Tours
Blue Ray Marina Blvd. Kukulcan km.13.5 | Col. Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77509, Mexico
1-866-607-2246
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Cancun Tarpon Fishing offers private Light Tackle and Fly Fishing tours in the lagoons surrounding Cancun.Our boats depart right from the Cancun Hotel zone and charters are available for 4,6 or 8 hours.Species that are targeted include; Baby Tarpon, Snook, Bonefish, Permit and more, depending on the season.Morning departures leave at 6 am and afternoon departures stay out till right after sunset. Charters include all gear, spinning and fly fishing, flies and lures, soft drinks and water and on the 6 and 8 hour tours a box lunch.
Saratoga, Wyoming, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great fishing for baby tarpon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We fished with mauricio for 2 days in cancun. We fished in the lagoon right in cancun. Mauricio was a great guide... he spoke good english and was very excited to fish with us. We landed 5-10 baby tarpon each day on flies and hooked probably twice that number. We fished back deep in the mangroves for tarpon between 5-10 lbs. We also caught snook and snapper on flies... I will definitely be coming back to fish with mauricio and cancun tarpon fishing soon. Martin was great getting our trip set up and accomodating our last minute requests! cant speak highly enough of these guys!

Visited November 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“BEST FISHING GUIDE EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Don't make the mistake I did and try another fishing company in Cancun. In May 2011, I was referred to Cancun Tarpon Fishing company to fish by a coworker and went out on the lagoon and had a great day fishing in the middle of a hot afternoon. This year, I came in November and said I couldn't wait to go out fishing with Mau. Instead, we met a guy that said he had a fishing company and he could take us out. So we went and about 30 min into it i knew it was a mistake. This guy, called Goofy Company, wanted me to use rubber worms instead of live bait and said he had no live bait. Total waste of money and time. We got onto land and immediately emailed Tarpon Fishing and asked to go with them and was on the boat with Mau within 2 hours. Mau is the best guide in any fishing expedition I have ever been on. He knows where to catch big tarpon, how to catch them, and then will go to a different spot if you aren't catching much or getting many bites. We caught tarpon, red snapper, and barracuda. He's takes a lot of pride in his boat, his equipment, and treats the fish with respect once they are caught. You can tell he genuinely loves what he does for a living and genuinely cares if you have a great experience. 5 star experience both years in a row. Next year I will already have my reservations to go fishing with him before I even leave the states.

Bend, OR
“Two Days of Fishing Fun and Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

While in Cancun we chose Cancun Tarpon Fishing Light Tackle and Fly Fishing Tours... I am so glad that we did! First of all it was the personal service that really made the trip! Martin was very accommodating to a last minute trip request and had us out on the water by noon. You can't beat the welcoming attitudes of this company. They treated us like we were family and took great care of us....even had a beer waiting at the end of the day! Our guide Mauricio was also very professional. In a difficult time of the season he found hot spots and we were able to catch plenty of fish! He has a great sense of humor and passion for the sport!! He gets SOOOO excited for you to catch fish and you can tell he genuinely loves his job. Over all I highly recommend this company if you are considering any type of fishing trip. They are professional, friendly, returned phone calls very quickly, and spoke perfect English. The boats and the gear are TOP NOTCH. Martin himself ties the flies that worked AMAZING... it's a business that you can tell they take pride in and it shows!

Visited November 2012
Miami, Florida
“Great trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

October 15, 2012 I chartered Martin's operation for a fly fishing trip for my wife and I. From the time of my booking, Martin communicated with me very well on directions, fish they were catching, weather, etc. Was told to arrive at the marina at 6am. Upon arriving at 545 am, we found Martin and our guide Mauricio loading the last few items on the boat.

Had a great day out on the water with Mauricio. He was very personable, funny, and patient with the many bad cast I had for the day. He even took some time to give me casting pointers. Mauricio put us on fish and positioned us to get many quality shots. We had shots at Tarpon and Permit.
Overall, we had a great time and are looking forward to our next fishing trip to Cancun.

Visited October 2012
Amsterdam, New York
“second time fishing with these guys, EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

For the second time we used Martin's operation in Cancun and we had a geat time.
On our first trip we fished with guide Jose and landed 3 Tarpon and a nice Snook. This trip was on September the 30th. We couldn't wait to go out again and booked another trip with Martin on
the 2nd of October, this time we fished in the afternoon with guide Mau who we fished with last year.
We got extremely lucky and caught a grand slam thanks to Mau's eagle eyes.

We highly recommend this company and guides and can't wait to get back next year!

Visited October 2012