“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a reliable fishing company and we offer a completely personalized services with reasonable and competitive prices. Our boats are eqquiped for sport fishing, with capacity for 8- 12 passengers. For us, safety comes first, that is why we have all the necesary equipment, insurance for passengers and all fishing licenses that requires mexican goverment. The captain and the crew are life experienced. We are hard working and honest people.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

9 of us took a trip this past week Feb 6th and it exceeded our expectations. I contacted Fernando back in Jan and he was able to meet our needs for the amount of people, boat and day. They also picked us up from our resort on time and were ready to bring us back to the resort as soon as we returned. Fernando was quick to respond to any of my emails and provided good detail to my quesions. Honestly it was kind of hard to research deep sea fishing, buy I booked with this company based on others reviews and we had such a great experience we could not be happier and would definitely book with this company again. We caught a variety of fish and moved to multiple fishing spots. The guys who took us out were great fisherman, we caught queen trigger, bonito, red snapper, barracude and grouper. When we returned Fernando was there to greet us and made sure our experience was positive. The only down side was the bathroom was out of soap/water.

Visited February 2013

Hampton, Virginia
“Best deep sea fishing trip i've been on...but can't give a 5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'll start by saying we had very low expectations bc we chose to go on the cheapest option (we're not HUGE fishermen...just do it every now and again on beach vacays) the Shared fishing one...VERY cheap. We got lucky though bc the two other couples that joined us were very pleasant and fun! So there were six of us, lots of coronas (included) and a HECK of a lot of fishes. I will warn you though, that these guys do spend the first hour or so of the trip fishing for bait..which all of us were fine with. But I can see how it may annoy others if they're used to just getting right to the fishing. At any rate...each of us had the opportunity to catch 2 each...and boy did we have variety...i can't remember all of them that we caught, but it was a mix of lots of different fishes and sizes. The crew knew what they were doing and how to catch fish...they were friendly and always ready to fill your empty hand w/ another beer. There were no snacks served on the boat though, so keep that in mind as we had bought something beforehand and were glad we did.
OK...so the reason I couldnt' give a five..even though I really wanted to...was because at the end of the trip two things were kinda crappy.
We were done with the fishing and were headed back to the marina, when they told us we had to stop off for gas or we wouldnt' be able to make it back to the dock. First of all, we're not idiots, it was pretty evident to me that they stopped to get the gas becasue it was on the way back to the marina, this way, they wouldn't have to drop us off and then backtrack to get gas. If they had simply stated that fact, maybe I wouldn't have been quite as annoyed with the 20 minute waiting to get gas, sitting there and smelling the fumes as there were two boats in front of us. Yuck!
And then the 2nd thing that happened, probably worse. So they advertise that the fish you catch they will fillet and give to you to take. Well, one would only assume that you get to take ALL the fish you catch with you right? Get this - in our group we caught a variety, small to big. the biggest one (was one I actually caught)...a Rockfish weighing about 60 pounds...i've never had any rockfish so i was pretty excited about it. Well as we were riding back to the marina and the guy was filleting the fish, I noticed he didn't fillet the rockfish...so I asked him why? and he said "not good to eat, it is too big which means it has worms." We are all like...what?! So I say,I just want to take a little bit to taste...and the other crew guy chimed in about how it would poison us and we would get sick. I clearly suspected that this was a ploy so that they could sell the fish themselves. and at the time, I was in too good a mood to let anythign really get me riled up (maybe the fumes from the gas hahaha) so we let it go...although I know we were all feeling a bit jipped i think!!
Anyways...when we got back to our hotel, the concierge told us that a rockfish like that (whole, not cut up) could sell on the market for $200...so we chocked it up to...a great tip. The fish we did bring back ..we had our hotel chef make up like 5 different dishes (w/ 6 diff types of fish)...it was freaking delish!!!!!!! highly recommend you do this (Westin did this for a minimal fee)

OK...so yea, now I feel bad bc overall...this really was such a fun trip bc we caught so many fish and so many different kinds...and they really do try to give a great experience. But those two things were definitely worth mentioning. CERTAINLY for the price we paid ($125 per person)...this was an A+ but not tripadvisor worthy 5 stars.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Customer Service Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We booked a fishing charter on line back in November for a January 9 trip for my husbands birthday. Communication with Fernando was fantastic from the start. They came to pick us up at hotel as promised and delivered to the pier. Boat was in good condition and crew very friendly. The day we booked turned out be extremely windy with rough seas. Because of this we were not able to go out as far as they had intended, and the fishing was not good. We returned early ( about 4 hours out ) with no fish.
Fernando offered to take us out again in 2 days for no charge! However the winds were high the entire time we were in Cancun so unfortunately were unable to go out again.
Fernando was very apologetic for the weather and he graciously returned half of our fee! Great customer service. We have been on fishing excursions before and have had no luck with catch but we always thought that's just the way fishing is.
If you are considering fishing during a visit to Cancun we would highly reccommend Fernando and crew.

Austin, Texas
“Fernando Cavia and Crew exceed customer satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My Father in Law booked a 6 hour trip with Fernando and his crew December 2, 2013. The fishing was outstanding, Grouper, Bonita, and Barracuda. The boat was in great condition and the crew was capable and courteous. We will be re-booking our charter fishing with Fernando annually from now on. Thanks again Fernando. Sincerely, Bruce C. Austin Texas

“Excellent Fishing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My family just got back from our charter and it was awesome! We caught a wahoo, 2 barracudas, 8 bonitas, a tuna and a blue jack; and all during a slower season. The wahoo and larger barracuda were both over 50 inches. We also lost two big fish when deep sea fishing, heartbreaking.

Fernando was awesome in returning emails and organizing everything. The captain and crew were what really impressed us. The team was CONSTANTLY working and they made it their mission to put us on the fish.

I give the whole experience a 5. My only downgrade was for value because we found a few trips which were about 100 bucks less. That being said, I would still use them again over the competition.