“Great sushi” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

The lower platform bar area is great in the evening. Look for the wild crocs hanging out near the pier

Visited February 2012

Kansas City
“Hidden gem It will quickly become your favorite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We were searching for a place for our family to enjoy some sushi, but couldn't find any places that had a good to excellent rating AND were close to the hotel zone. Katsu-Ya didn't even come up on our search, but we stopped in anyway because it was across the street from the Royal Sands.
We had a late lunch there and the service, atmosphere and food were awesome. We were given an appetizer while waiting for our food and it was amazing. My wife and I and my two teenage daughters were in heaven when we left to go back and rest our full stomaches by the pool.
We all decided that we would go again for dinner on our last night, but unfortunately we forgot to call ahead and get reservations. When we arrived they asked if we had them, and my heart sunk because we had forgot. The host was so kind and asked if we would mind sitting outside on the patio/bar/lounge area. ARE YOU KIDDING! We were more than pleased with the offer and found the outside dinning better than our view inside for lunch. We were thrilled at how well they treated us even though we were still in our daytime clothes. The music and video screens were much to the delight of my wife and daughters as they danced and ate in their seats. My daughters thought they were so cool because they got to see what a club feels like.
So to conclude, I don't really know why more people have not reviewed Katsu-Ya, but my guess is that it isn't very remarkable from the street view, and most would find it hard to spot flying by in a bus or taxi. My recommendation is to try it, and you will agree that it should be on the top of the list here on Trip Advisor.

Cheers

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, New Jersey
“not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

food was not up to US sushi standards, service was lacking. great location on the bay.

Visited February 2012
Corozal Town, Belize
“As Great as last year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We always enjoy the Sushi here! We sat outdoors this time and enjoyed the ambiance.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent upscale Japanese Restaurant in Hotel Zone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Katsu-Ya, open just over a year, is a visual delight. It has an expansive menu of Japanese dishes as well as the usual sushi. The buttered clam appetizer was to die for.

The setting and service were excellent. More importantly, the food was well done. After the clams, i had the mixed sashimi platter, my wife who likes sushi as long as it is cooked had an eel roll and another roll, our vegetarian friend had two veggie rolls and her husband had the beef sukiyaki. We all were pleased.

The place has a nightclub / disco but not much was happening. We ate outside overlooking the lagoon and it was a bit cool and very windy. I guess the party crowd was still recovering from New Year's eve.

I would give the place 4.5 stars but since .5 was not an option, gave it a 5.

Visited January 2012