“Stepping up my Tequila game” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Museo Sensorial del Tequila

Museo Sensorial del Tequila
Blvd. Kukulcan km 12.5, zona hotelera | En El Segundo Piso de la Tienda la Europea, Cancun 77500, Mexico
998-1768203
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 56 Attractions in Cancun
Type: Museums
MIchigan
4 attraction reviews
“Stepping up my Tequila game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Like other people said this was mostly a tasting. It was still really informative. It was nice to actually taste the different Tequilas and learn about the process of making tequilas from the Agave plant. Plus you learn about aging the tequila in charred barrels. They mentioned that with some tequilas you paid for the fancy bottles and that Jose Cuervo isn't made even made from 100% agave.

Sooke, Canada
14 attraction reviews
“More a cheap gift shop than a museum.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

How does this place not have more negative reviews?! This "museum" is nothing more than a premium tasting bar in the middle of a store selling very cheap souvenirs. It is hard to find in the mall on the second floor and the obscene prices for the tasting don't help. They advertise more bottles of tequila than anywhere else in the world but I've worked at boutique cocktail bars that have had more in their store room. I didn't even bother paying for a "tour" and just looked at the bits of info and left. Very disappointing.

Boston, Massachusetts
21 attraction reviews
“More of a Tequila store, then an actaul Tequila Museum. Still fun.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

First of all this place is really hard to find. It's on the second floor of the Liverpool mall, and tucked inside of a souvenir shop. It's really not a bad stop if you're in the mall, I wouldn't go out of my way to see this museum though. The tour however, was free of charge and the tour guide did take photos of my family and I in the museum. At the end of the tour we all were given two different shots of tequila to try, which were very good. Our tour guide did show us how they make tequila and informed us on the decision process of selecting a good bottle of tequila. Overall, not a bad time. Salud!

Anchorage, Alaska
“Great tour, informative and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went with my partner to the Museo Sensorial del Tequila hoping that I would be able to determine which type of tequila I would enjoy the most. Mission accomplished. Very fun and informative, I highly recommend it. The price is about $16-17 per person for the premium tasting. It is a little difficult to find. Look up its exact location before you go. We walked around for about an hour trying to find it. It is on the second story of a liquor store. Don't think about it, just go! You'll thank me later. Salut.

Visited October 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
44 attraction reviews
“Souvenir shop in disguise.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I walked through here after eating at the neighboring Tequilla Grille restaurant, which I would highly not recommend. There are parts of this place that is kind of cool and interesting if you are into tequila. I think that it is just one big souvenir shop trap to get your money. A lot of trinkets and your typical souvenirs that are mostly overprices. I guess if you have room and weight left in your luggage and want to take home something for you or the grandkids then spend away.

Visited September 2013