“EXCELLENT VACATION, CANCUN AND THE ROYAL MAYAN ARE RECOMMENDED” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Mayan

You added The Royal Mayan to your Saves list
The Royal Mayan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Kukulcan Boulevard Km 17.5 L-49 | Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #45 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
New York
“EXCELLENT VACATION, CANCUN AND THE ROYAL MAYAN ARE RECOMMENDED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Our family just returned from a week at the Royal Mayan Resort. It was one of the best vacations we ever had. The resort was very clean and well maintained and all the employees from concierge to bartenders and housekeeping were friendly and attentive. We had a two bedroom, two bath suite with living, kitchen and outdoor patio access from all rooms. We were on the 4th floor and our suite overlooked the ocean which was breathtaking! We used Thomas Moore Tours which is at the resort for airport shuttle service and our trips to Chichen Itza (excellent tour, ask for tour guide Hymie, who was great) and Garafon Island where we swam with the dolphins and went snorkeling. The resort also has shuttle service between the other 4 Royal Resorts which is very convenient. All the Royal Resorts were accommodating and we found dinner at the resorts and all over Cancun very tasty and inexpensive. The hotel zone is packed with restaurants, bars and shopping and we felt very safe even at night. The resort did contact us a few times to meet with time-share representatives but we have stayed at other timeshare resorts that were much more annoying and high pressured. The resort is quiet and relaxing and I would highly recommend it for couples and families.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

This was our first family vacation out of the US. We even took my parents. The hotel was excellent. We enjoyed every single day we stayed there. Only one thing, the last hurricane that hit Cancun, messed up their beaches, it brought a lot of rock to the shore. Eventhough, the kids enjoyed it because the rocks form like small reefs and colorful small fishes were in there for them to see. Other than that, this hotel is excellent for a family vacation. People are very friendly, super clean every where. Rooms are nice equipped and clean. I would go back anytime.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

There is not much of an ocean view with most rooms. I stayed at the Royal Sands in 2008 and loved the views and hospitality. Upon arrival I told the conceige right away that I was not satisfied with my rooom. I I had a 2 bedroom with a view of the laggon and the tennis courts. I was told I would have to wait until Monday to see if an ocean or pool view was available. He told me if I wanted to go through a timeshare presentation that he could find a better room for me. After declining any timeshare presentation, I checked back on Monday and they let me view a room that was worst than the one I had. There was no view of anything but a wall and there was construction ropes over the balcony and costruction going on. I passed on the room. There was more plenty of empty rooms available and they could have easily gave me a better room. Also, it's a very long walk up and down stairs to go to the beach. Cannot view the ocean from any restaurants or pools. The only positive thing was that the rooms are very clean and quiet. I will not go there anytime soon if ever again. Also, the spa is very expensive. If they lowered the prices they would get more business.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Telaviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I came to swim in the beaches but there was no way to get into the ocean because the sand was swept away and there was nothing but jagged rocks for miles in both directions of the hotel. The pool was lovely. Transporation to and from the hotel is top notch.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
maryville, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

This is my second year to stay at the Royal Mayan for a work conference. The resort has immaculate grounds and the rooms are very clean. Service outstanding. The water is a glowing blue and has a great beach area. The restaurants are amazing with the best being the one by the pool due to the thatched roof and breezy outdoor seating for great atmosphere. Nice beach and poolside service. The rooms look a little dated (especially the kitchen) but the flooring and wood details are classic. All staff is super friendly. Good location. Very relaxing and no riff-raff from college kids or party noise. Good for couples or families.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Collingswood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

i just wanted to say that vacations at the royal mayan are always wonderful, this year will be our 3rd time, the uses of all 4 resorts is great, we love the free shuttle between resorts. the service from the entire staff is top-notch the pool area is the best, house keeping is always right on. the rooms are spotless. we have traveled to other resorts and find ourselves comparing them to the royals, we will always return the the royal mayan

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

We just got back from spring break at the Royal Mayan and had a great time. The Mayan is a great place to stay with the family. No out of control spring breakers, a fantastic staff, a wonderful room and some great mexican food. When staying at the Mayan, you are allowed to use all the other Royal properties. Next to the Royal are the Carribean and the Islander. All 3 have great casual resteraunts that are just as good as any place in town. We used the well stocked Royal Grocery Stores for all our breakfasts and several lunches. The service is on the scale of any 5 star hotel. The rooms are very well kept and are not showing any sign of aging. We stayed in C508 which was perfectly located with clear views of the beach and the pool area. If you have any questions about the property, email me at g.manuel@cox.net.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Royal Mayan? Share your experiences!