“Bigger rooms than a regular hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Caribbean

You added The Royal Caribbean to your Saves list
The Royal Caribbean
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Kukulcan Boulevard Km 17.5 | Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Mother's Day Special !!
Ranked #36 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Westport, Connecticut
“Bigger rooms than a regular hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

Since this is a time share that you can book as a hotel for short stays, the rooms all have two queens, an alcove with microwave, frig. and coffeemaker, and a walk--in closet with safe. All the rooms face the pool area and ocean. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. The property is beautifully kept. \Tthe only drawback for some is that because it is a time share, it is not "all-inclusive", and you need to make or buy your meals. The hotel has several restaurants which are very pricy ($16 breakfasts). There is a grocery store on the property, but it is limited and very expensive. My suggestion would be to take a bus or taxi to one of the many restaurants in Cancun. I was traveling alone, but it is a great family place, with special programs and areas for children. Lots of honeymooners were around, too--a good place for all.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Caribbean, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to write your review. Your comments are very important and help us serve you better.

I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Caribbean. Thank you for the kind words and your recommendation.

Yes, the Royal Resorts are not all inclusive, and this is something many members and guests like. I've personally seen quite a few comments stating that they'd rather spend a great time with the quality of service at Royal Resorts even if it costs more, than saving a few dollars in less than great all inclusive quality at other places. I think it all depends on what you're looking for.

I hope you return to enjoy the Royal Resorts soon. Until then, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Royal Resorts Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

This me and my husband first time to Cancun; and the Royal was a wonderful resort to start my return to HOME! The staff said welcome home and it felt like I never left wonderful staff outstanding clean resort, rooms! We had a blast time... if u go to Cancun stay here and go on the Caribbean Carnival Booze Cruise. In addition u must eat at Captain Cove. If I could leave tomorrow I be on the first flight back to Cancun. Our outstanding assistant for our stay was Cali -thanks for all your help

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

I'm very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Caribbean and that the service of our hard working staff made you feel right at home.

Thank you for your recommendations, and I'll be sure to forward your comments about Cali to his manager, to compliment him for a job well done.

Boardman, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

We have been going to Cancun for about 12 years and staying at Royal resorts all but two of those years. We look forward to being there all year . By far the best vacation we have ever had . We never tire of going to Royal Carribean and royal Cancun.All the staff at these resorts are very attentive to the members and guests. We dread leaving at the end of the week. Try it you will Love it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Caribbean and enjoy so much coming back every year. Thank you for your recommendation and also your kind comments about our staff and service. We also love welcoming back our beloved members and guests and pampering them with the quality of service they've come to expect from the Royal Resorts.

I hope you return soon! Until then, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

This is a very comfortable resort in the hotel zone of Cancun. Family oriented with a great beach and pool area. It is part of three Royal hotels all side by side and you have the use of all three. The rooms are a bit older but well maintained and clean, you can get a realy good nights sleep with your door open for air and the ocean waves in the distance. This is a timeshare hotel so the "conceirge " guys (otherwise known as time share salesmen) will be on you at first, so if you are not interested just be firm, or it might be a good deal I don't know.
The clientel is an older group so no half naked sweeties on the beach.
Full kitchens roomy bedrooms and common area make this a winner.
I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Caribbean. Thank you for the detailed review and also for your recommendation.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

We stayed in the Royal Caribbean from Dec 11th to 19th. The room was clean and spacious. It also had a flat screen in the living room and in the bedroom; which was great especially if you're use to watching Sports Center every day to start your day.

Big Pro was the Maid Service from Marianna Uc. She did a great job cleaning our room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

I'm happy to read you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Caribbean. It's nice to know we exceeded your expectations; we'll keep working hard to always do so.

Thanks for the kind words about your maid, I'll be sure to forward the to management to compliment her on a job well done.

Poughkeepsie, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

This is my 7th time going back to the RC and the surrounding Royals. To travel here is simply nirvana. It is only a 4 hour flight from the northeast, making it a short jump from Fla. The beaches have been redone, and look marvelous. The service at the Royals is always impeccable. In fact, most US hotel chains should take lessons from our Mexican counterparts.
Even with the hectic UN climate conference being held in Cancun at this time, the actual " climate" of Cancun was great. I felt very safe here. What more can I say? The place is fabulous, and I am a world wide traveller and has " seen it all". Go there, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

I'm very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Caribbean and that you keep coming back every year. Thanks for the kind comments and of course, for your recommendation. We'll be more than happy to keep pampering you with the quality of service you've come to expect from the Royal Resorts.

I hope to see you again at the Royal Resorts soon! Until then, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

The beach is back to it's original size & beauty. The villas are kept pristine and all the workers are friendly and helpful. Being near the bus line is very convenient to go downtown to Wal-Mart and various other shopping areas.

We look forward to returning year after year.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

I'm happy to read you enjoy staying at The Royal Caribbean and return every year. Thanks for the kind comments about our staff; we'll be more than happy to give you a warm welcome again.

Royal Resorts Community Manager

Been to The Royal Caribbean? Share your experiences!