We found this place in May 2013 and loved it so much we returned in May 2014. We stayed in the full villa that sleeps 6. Big King/master bedroom and bath area. Not perfectly new but still nice. The living and kitchen area is pretty decent sized. The lock off room has 2 double beds (not queens) so sleeping to large adults in each would be a stretch. 2 murphy beds in the livingroom - not comfortable though - but fine for kids.
I think we loved this so much because we lucked out on our first time and stayed in a PERFECT location F 421 end unit, ground level with grassy area out our back door - right off the pool. we stayed in F420 this year. the rooms off the pool are nice because you can be in and out of your back slider door from the pool. Staff was very friendly and grounds are SUPER clean and safe feeling.
We loved the activities - pool volleyball, beach volleyball, zumba and water exercise. We found all the staff to be very friendly so when people say that they are not, I have to wonder what the interactions were. We are pretty upbeat and happy people so maybe we brought that energy to the people we interacted with....
Hints: We used USA transfers to get to the hotel and back to airport. great deal, very great service. do it.
We booked the Xel-Ha tour online (skipped the hotel deal) and got a great deal and pick up right at the hotel.
You can walk right down to the main street from the hotel and catch a bus to walmart (R2) for $1.00 per person. we did our grocery shopping and cooked for the week in our unit. You can also go to Costco or Sams Club - especially if you have a group.
We loved mid may as the resort seems to have low occcupancy at this time - it was about 1/3. Super quite and enjoyable. The beach in incredibly beautiful. we walked the vast beach and agreed that Royal's beach areas are the nicest and cleanest!
Not much for teens to do - but they can walk down the beach to the other hotels to find a younger crowd and nightlife. Not sure if this is good or bad -- could be kinda sketch but that's a mom who is rather protective.
The tap water is icky - buy the big jug (4-5 gal) for $3 at the hotel grocery store - it's a deal. the other stuff is over priced but that's because it's at the hotel.
Use trip advisor to do your homework before you go - I gleaned a lot of helpful info.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between a magnificent stretch of powder-white sand and lovingly tended tropical gardens, our duo of resorts offers an exceptional collection of services... And double the fun. Escape to paradise. Sink your toes into soft white sand that's always cool to the touch and listen to the murmur of the waves. Start the day with a swim in the pool, work out in the gym or sign up for tennis and sail boating. The Royal Caribbean(R) offers plenty of activities for families and friends and after a busy morning, visit the spa sun deck for a selection of relaxing massages and therapies. Dine on fresh seafood or timeless Italian classics. Experience attentive service that will make your vacation exceptional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your The Royal Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Caribbean Resort Royal
- Royal Caribbean Resort Cancun
- Royal Carribean
- Caribbean Royal