This hotel was excellent for customer service and had a very clean and fun oceanside atmosphere.
We travelled from Riviera Maya where we stayed at the Barcelo. (Barcelo was very poor in many ways compared to the Royal Caribean.)
1) The staff wer very friendly and helpful. The bell boys jumped to get our luggage to our rooms and had it there before we were finished checking in. They are very professional and polite.
2) At the check in counter we were given all important information in a very expeditious manner. We wasted no time in starting our holiday at this resort. They provided us with a list of all the ammenities we had in our room. We were given a list of number and things to do with a map of the resort. In our room they provided a book of resort tips. Where to get things, whats nearby, how to get things we need, and even beach safety and sealife we might encounter in the ocean. We used this book constantly. (Also easy to exchange money and get assistance with anything we needed at reception.)
3) Our room was booked online for a very competitive price and we were upgraded to a villa. But all the rooms looked quite nice. The floors were marble and we had 2 murphy beds in addition to a king bed and a sofabed. Rooms and kitchen were extremely clean!
4) Hotel was managed very well and they could teach the Barcelo a thing or two about running a resort! The staff are cross trained and when one area gets busy, they send staff over from less busy area. Example: The bell boy was sent to hand out towels at the equipment room when the hotel reception/entrance was slow. This way the staff got breaks without having to close services to clients for any time period.
5) THe dress and deportment of staff was very professional including their rapport with residents. They had friendly chats to ensure everyone was happy.. They even had a maintenace guy checking for cocunuts that might be ready to fall. It was a proactive measure to ensure our safely.
6) We had a concern about getting a taxi at 4 am. to leave for the airport. The bell boys had arranged a ride for us from their taxi stand. They arranged this two days in advance so we had a worry free vacation. In addition, driver showed up early for our trip to airport. They are very reliable!
7) The bell boys had a chart of taxi fares to various attractions in the area. We used this daily and knew in advance how much it would cost. We were never overcharged.
8)The concierge was great! They assisted us in checking out the best tourist attractions for the best prices. We visited the Jolly Roger / Black Pearl pirate ship dinner. We could conveniently pay for this at the hotel. They also got our child his admission and dinner for FREE!
9) They had a "market" onsite where we could get grovceries and fresh produce. It was well stocked and fresh and very convenient. We got some souvenirs there also. There was jewellry store and various snack bars available also.
10) The ROYAL RESORTS has a few hotels in Cancun area including the Royal Sands, They Royal Islander, and the Royal Haciendas. We intend on visiting those resorts. They look to have a time share option. They did mention this to us, but we had little time, so they respected that. We will certainly look into the timeshare options if all their resorts are run so efficiently!! WE WILL BE GOING BACK! Our vacation was a pleasureable experience because of the Royal Caribean and all their staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between a magnificent stretch of powder-white sand and lovingly tended tropical gardens, our duo of resorts offers an exceptional collection of services... And double the fun. Escape to paradise. Sink your toes into soft white sand that's always cool to the touch and listen to the murmur of the waves. Start the day with a swim in the pool, work out in the gym or sign up for tennis and sail boating. The Royal Caribbean(R) offers plenty of activities for families and friends and after a busy morning, visit the spa sun deck for a selection of relaxing massages and therapies. Dine on fresh seafood or timeless Italian classics. Experience attentive service that will make your vacation exceptional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Royal Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Caribbean Resort Royal
- Royal Caribbean Resort Cancun
- Royal Carribean
- Caribbean Royal